Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:09 am

Cogglamp wrote:Also, hi maintankadin. It's been awhile.

Glad to hear you're ok
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Cogglamp » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:53 am

Two relatives of a close coworker were caught in the first blast and both have lost legs. One is in stable condition while the other remains in critical condition.

The bomb squad did a sweep one hour before runners started coming through and came up with nothing. I hope this will help frame the timeline for authorities in looking at surveillance videos to catch the perpetrator(s).

I had 2 friends that finished right at the 4:08-4:09 mark and said they saw the blasts over their shoulders as they stood with their families/loved ones. It's a very muted and sad day here in Boston. I'm still amazed at the lack of loss of life given the dense conditions. Having trauma trained medical professionals at the finish line most certainly helped.

I made sure to squeeze my wife and boys a bit tighter today in leaving for work. We're a resilient and close knit town so I'm sure we'll get through this but it won't make the grieving any easier.

Your mind can play terrible games with you as you lay in bed. I don't know how many different scenarios I came up with in my head as to what would have put me closer to the blasts.
Cogglamp

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:18 am

Sorry to hear that :/
---
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:45 am

realizing I have 30+ active keybinds in my tanking spec kinda pisses me off.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:51 am

---
Klaudandus

Postby Amirya » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:17 am

Very glad you're okay, Cogglamp.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:20 am

I just lost a long time friend over this Boston Bombing stuff. She posted some shit about how this is just another example of how the citizens are defenseless in the gun grab that she swears is happening as we speak.

I responded with: Yes. Clearly, a loaded firearm would have stopped those bombs.

And that was that. I've been unfriended, blocked, and I just got a text telling me that I'm a Sheep, primed for slaughter by that ***** in the white house.
Ugh. I swear I thought I had smarter friends than this.
Shoju

Postby Flex » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:23 am

Just remember the UN Treaty reaffirming a sovereign nation's right to have enforce and have their own laws regarding firearms is a direct step towards the UN takeover of the United States.

I had a cousin who posted how we should round up all the Muslims in the US and execute them to show the rest of the world we don't want their kind here.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Passionario » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:04 pm

It turns out that my wife is a big fan of the late Margaret Thatcher.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby halabar » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:47 pm

Just saw what happened to the leg of one of the people injured in the bombing. The terms used by the media, "lost limb" and such, do not begin to describe what happened.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby CrimsonEyes » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:00 pm

Shoju wrote:I responded with: Yes. Clearly, a loaded firearm would have stopped those bombs.

I shouldn't laugh, as what happened yesterday is horrible on many levels, and it's even less good that you lost a friend over this, but you're dead right.

The hell would a loaded gun have helped in that situation? You going to shoot the shrapnel out of the air?
Spider Clan * Gentleman * Noah * Onisu of Crimson * Rabble Rouser * Wiggler * The Lucid Dream * Paladin * Thousand Son

Elenti of Scarlet Crusade

"There’s one thing you never put in a trap, if you’re smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there’s one thing you never, ever put in a trap.......Me." - The 11th Doctor

ImageImage
CrimsonEyes

Postby Amirya » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:19 pm

CrimsonEyes wrote:
Shoju wrote:I responded with: Yes. Clearly, a loaded firearm would have stopped those bombs.

I shouldn't laugh, as what happened yesterday is horrible on many levels, and it's even less good that you lost a friend over this, but you're dead right.

The hell would a loaded gun have helped in that situation? You going to shoot the shrapnel out of the air?

You're a terrible person for making me a terrible person. :x

I had this image of Shoju's troll DK with a gun, yelling "PULL, MON!" and shooting the shrapnel.

I </3 you.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Chunes » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:52 pm

I have so much family wailing, gnashing teeth and beating their chests because "DER GERBMENT TURKIN MER GURNS"

I often wonder how the hell I turned out as liberal as I have considering the stock I descend from...
Chunes

Postby bldavis » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:12 pm

according to the news this morning, count is now 4 dead and 166+ injured

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Amirya » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:47 pm

I've not seen anything about the 4th at all.

8 year old boy, 29 year old woman, and a graduate student from China whose info is unknown at family request. Do you have any sources to cite?
Amirya
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General