Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:45 am

Just spent ten minutes fighting with Ask Mr Robot trying to get it to put my upgraded MSV weapon into my off-hand, because apparently if you add the item from the list it totally ignores upgrade level. Only seems to like upgrade level for items loaded from armory. In the end I left it in my main hand and edited the simcraft file to swap weapons, which I should've thought of sooner.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Newsom » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:50 pm

So I "quit" which lasted for all but 5 days. Stupid me gave away all of my gold and cageable battle pets before I did and now I really regret giving those pets away. Especially since the person I gave them to sold 90% of them. Don't give a crap about gold but some of those pets took years to get. Darkmoon Rabbit, Darkmoon Eye, Hyacinth Macaw, all holiday ones, several TCG ones, 1-2 unobtainable pets, lots of rare upgraded vendor pets... Sigh.

Gives me something to do now outside of raiding I guess. Time to farm Tol'vir fragments and Tournament dailies again. :P

I just... hate how I threw away several years of work and effort on a whim.
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:55 pm

That's why I'd never give my shit away unless I have duplicates.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby bldavis » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:02 pm

when i deleted my pally on my old server, i sold all his gear, deleted/sold everything in his bags and gave it all away

a week later opened a ticket and got him back...naked and missing the blue drake i should have learned before i deleted it

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby halabar » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:07 pm

bldavis wrote:when i deleted my pally on my old server, i sold all his gear, deleted/sold everything in his bags and gave it all away

a week later opened a ticket and got him back...naked and missing the blue drake i should have learned before i deleted it

When I brought back my spriest from the toon graveyard a week or two ago, I was able to get back all the gear that I had vendored. They sent it all back to me COD, and told me perhaps I could ask some people on the server to help me get started back again. Guess he didn't look at my other toons to see the resources available. All I had to do was to sell a few pets, and was back in business.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby bldavis » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:11 am

well it was the only toon on that server at a high level, the rest were taken to SC when i switched

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Chunes » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:33 am

Running 1 WoW on some pretty cracked out settings and another on a separate monitor @ 800x600 is actually pushing me towards the physical memory cap on my machine.

Never thought I'd see the day where my "typical daily usage" was regularly consuming 7.25+ Gb of memory.

Oh well, I feel justified on making 16gb the standard for future builds now.
Chunes

Postby Fetzie » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:09 am

Chunes wrote:Running 1 WoW on some pretty cracked out settings and another on a separate monitor @ 800x600 is actually pushing me towards the physical memory cap on my machine.

Never thought I'd see the day where my "typical daily usage" was regularly consuming 7.25+ Gb of memory.

Oh well, I feel justified on making 16gb the standard for future builds now.

What else are you running, because I've had two WoW clients (1080p, high-ultra), D3(1080p+ultra) plus other stuff running (browser, music stream etc) running at the same time and not break 4.5GB in use.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Chunes » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:51 am

In addition to the two wows, usually just winamp, chrome with 10 or so tabs, vent, and steam.

It seems fishy to me that wow would be gobbling so much resources, but steadily as I play the game on both instances of wow, they just start to consume more and more memory as time progresses. After a 5 or 6 hour session, I have to restart both instances of wow otherwise windows7 starts to yell at me.

Is this legit?

*edit

Seems that using some of the hidden console commands to make the game prettier tend to cause the game to consume exponentially more memory, especially once you start traversing 10-15 distinct zones in a single sitting.
Chunes

Postby Fetzie » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:07 am

That stuff should be being loaded into the video card memory though. Are you sure you are not capping the available video memory? If you have less than 2GB VRAM that is a distinct possibility (and, in that case, adding additional system RAM would do nothing to remedy the situation).
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Chunes » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:17 am

Hmm, how would I check if I was pegging the video memory?

AFAIK I went with a 2gb version of the GTX670 since the prevailing wisdom at the time was that the 4gb version was a gimmick since the card couldn't even properly use all 4gb anyway.

Checking the properties of my card, if I'm reading it right, it looks like I did go with the 2Gb version:

Chunes

Postby Fetzie » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:59 am

http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/

Open the "sensors" tab and scroll down to the video memory entry. Then run whatever you were running and see what that read-out says.

Fetzie

Postby Chunes » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:01 am

I'll give it a shot. Thanks!
Chunes

Postby Jabari » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:34 am

Chunes wrote:It seems fishy to me that wow would be gobbling so much resources...

Hmm, I had posted this a while back, but didn't get a response.

I'm still getting constant crashes that look an awful lot like a horrible memory leak. WoW just dies with an error message of basically "can't allocate <X> memory" - usually when I port back to 2-moons (but it has happened elsewhere, too - usually on zone-switches but not always). <X> is generally somewhere near 100M, but I've seen it as high as 300M, and as low as 100K.

Turning down video settings has helped - they aren't as frequent now (i.e., have to play longer before it dies). Also, if I exit out and re-start the game periodically it won't crash, but simply switching characters or logging-out and back in don't "reset" the memory issue.

I'll have to check vid-mem tonight...
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Chunes » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:11 am

My cursory google searches for this issue of mine have turned up some forum posts about suspected memory leaks in the 64bit version.

It's really inelegant, but I think the easiest workaround for both of us is probably just shutting the game down every few hours.

:(
Chunes

PreviousNext

Return to General