Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby djlar » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:06 am

Yeah no wonder I got nothing on my leveling monk, the only toon I fight pets with.. LOL.. (this should go on missing the memo thread but well)
djlar

Postby halabar » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:37 pm

Rhiannon wrote:Sounds like a bad luck streak. Got 95 charms in about an hour taking 5 pets from 1-6 in stormwind, though I had a streak of 25 battles in the middle with 0 charms. Most fights I was 2-hitting, pretty rare to 1-hit and didn't notice higher charm rate from those.

Finally got it going, but had some bad streaks too. 2.7 weeks worth in 3 hours. Need some better pets, might go farm the Zandalari pets and level those to 6 then sell them, as those worked really well.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby CrimsonEyes » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:41 pm

Healing lead is making noises about stopping healing, and going dps. That would leave us with three healers, one of who is really fair-weather (recently switched to their shaman because, according to them, treedruids were nerfed so bad that they're completely ineffective), one of whom is awesome and probably my favorite healer ever (and over-the-top gay, which is also AWESOME), and one of whom has some minor reliability issues, and some awareness issues.

HRRRRNG.

I'm also getting the feeling our off-tank, who was previously in a much, MUCH better guild (he came to us in mostly T14 heroic gear, while we hadn't cleared HoF or ToES) is starting to feel frustrated with our guild and is looking for greener pastures.

I can't really BLAME him, he's probably one of the best tanks I've ever worked with, but man alive, I don't want to have to find another tank if he leaves.
Spider Clan * Gentleman * Noah * Onisu of Crimson * Rabble Rouser * Wiggler * The Lucid Dream * Paladin * Thousand Son

Elenti of Scarlet Crusade

"There’s one thing you never put in a trap, if you’re smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there’s one thing you never, ever put in a trap.......Me." - The 11th Doctor

ImageImage
CrimsonEyes

Postby Fenrìr » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:15 pm

s;jga;lkjgfalkfdj...I just finished The Devil's Cartel...my most frustrating moment...realizing I wasn't going to be able to play as Salem...almost made me shut it off.

Well...the plot twist kind of irritated me too.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:41 pm

Time. Warner. Cable.

Thinking about going to VerizonFiosDSL again.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Fenrìr » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:48 pm

Just got a 2nd boss to add to my random Crit Err 132 list....Heroic Protectors...and I dunno what's causing it.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Teranoid » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:27 pm

I'm getting that itch to raid again. Here we go again..
Teranoid

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:57 am

Anonymous having to do the job of the mounties =/
http://www.inquisitr.com/613702/rehtaeh ... two-hours/
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:27 am

I'm starting to get irritated by how the game no longer loads anything while it's minimised (which I think started around 5.0, maybe a little earlier). Most of it has been flight paths, where it doesn't load the new places you're flying through and gives you a loading screen when you get back after landing. But the last couple days I've been noticing they also made loading screens pause if you alt-tab in the middle of them. Ugh.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nooska » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:27 am

Klaudandus wrote:Anonymous having to do the job of the mounties =/

I don't know how good or reliable a source the Inquisitr is (by the name, not very?) - but there is a pretty large gap between finding out who did it, and proving the case in a criminal proceeding - what the newspaper (or rather, site) says is that the case was closed becuase there wasn't enough evidence to charge the perps (being a qualitative assesment of the chances of a convivtion most places).
Add to that that a rape case is normally one of the harder things to prove and prosecute, as you have to get beyond the "she just changed her mind afterwards" argument that almost always gets raised when its date-rape or rape by someone close (In this case it would probably be "she agreed to it, and renaged when she found out the result".
Granted I haven't seen the case or media reports from back then, but finding out who did something by illicit means, and proving it in a trial to conviction is 2 different beasts entirely.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:35 am

Nooska wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:Anonymous having to do the job of the mounties =/

I don't know how good or reliable a source the Inquisitr is (by the name, not very?) - but there is a pretty large gap between finding out who did it, and proving the case in a criminal proceeding - what the newspaper (or rather, site) says is that the case was closed becuase there wasn't enough evidence to charge the perps (being a qualitative assesment of the chances of a convivtion most places).
Add to that that a rape case is normally one of the harder things to prove and prosecute, as you have to get beyond the "she just changed her mind afterwards" argument that almost always gets raised when its date-rape or rape by someone close (In this case it would probably be "she agreed to it, and renaged when she found out the result".
Granted I haven't seen the case or media reports from back then, but finding out who did something by illicit means, and proving it in a trial to conviction is 2 different beasts entirely.

Other newspapers report someone took a photo of the rape itself, and was distributed among some people in the circle of the perpetrators.

I think my biggest beef about this is this:

- After the fact she got bullied bigtime. I'd expect something like this from the US, not Canada.
- That it took Anonymous acting on this for the Nova Scotia officials to review the rape case again.

Seriously... before this, the last two cases of rapes at parties ended up with the US authorities arresting the guys, although one of them also had to have Anonymous stoke the fires (Steubenville) but the other one it seems the authorities did it on their own: http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/audr ... -1.5062116
---
Klaudandus

Postby Worldie » Sun Apr 14, 2013 6:37 am

I fell on Elegon LFR.

My raider career is finished :( :( :(
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:11 am

Klaud - no doubt there are many other cases that haven't even made it to the media.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:12 am

Really Austin? Everyone on 6th street is gonna get arrested then.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Bellanka » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:29 am

Klaudandus wrote:I think my biggest beef about this is this:

- After the fact she got bullied bigtime. I'd expect something like this from the US, not Canada.
- That it took Anonymous acting on this for the Nova Scotia officials to review the rape case again.

There are bad/lazy/incompetent/corrupt people everywhere, regardless of country or region. It could be that there wasn't enough evidence, conflicting evidence, or someone covering something up. America, Canada, Europe, Japan or even Mars. Human beings will be human beings. Especially the young ones, who seem to become more feral and predatory and prone to pack mentalities with each passing generation. I won't go into a spiel about precious snowflakes and a generation of parents who don't parent, but this is a multi-faceted problem that exists as part of the human condition, whether existing or evolving before our very eyes or just made more obvious by the rise of the information age we now live in. There's as much good as bad in people, but it takes a good mind and a solid sense of self to be able to truly establish that into the myriad shades of gray (, rather than the simplistic black and white so many people hope for or naively cling to. Some things are clear: Rape is wrong, murder is wrong, the guys behind Waterworld should be flayed alive. But the truth is never--ever--a simple thing to get ahold of.

I'm not sure how I feel about the way Anonymous is handling it, either. I'm glad someone has caused them to reevaluate the case, but Anon's tactics are vigilante and if they name the wrong person they could ruin someone's life, or worse.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General