Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Fetzie » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:48 am

The touch-screen of my phone is dying. I've had to disable the swipe to unlock "feature" because I just spent 15 minutes trying to get it to unlock.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Winkle » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:58 am

djlar wrote: top the DPS meters on every fight on every toon at every item level, the least damage taken, etc.

I find this hard to believe tbh, I've not met to many players who can be top dps on multiple toons in the same raid group. Those kind of players are usually in guilds like method.

If you're just talking about hc dungeons then you don't really have much competition in those things anyway.

djlar wrote: I've been trying some guilds but they don't do anything ever, not even LFR or anything else organized, motivation to keep playing is running thin... even tried Openraid groups, nobody seems interested or willing to acept me in T14 runs, even the more simple raid there. (10 man MSV at i500 should be enough with kill achieves), I've been stuck on "A Change of Command" quest forever

Why would you even apply for a guild that does absolutely nothing? Guilds that just do open raid don't actually need recruits. TBH i can't even believe guilds for LFR has become a thing.

You need to find an active raiding guild attempting to progress through ToT, they'll be the ones crying out for recruits.
Winkle

Postby Fenrìr » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:08 am

/sigh...

I'm not supposed to be so bitter about work after coming off of a nine day leave period. I left quite bitter as it was...but now that I'm back...it's so much worse.

It's just so frustrating to be told that as the senior E-5 in my shop that I'll be the next Supervisor then a month later, learn it was given to the most junior E-5 and has been his for several months. Not to mention, I can barely stand my acting-LCPO for a whole slew of reasons.

I love what I do for the Navy...I just wish that I people did not have such drastic leadership styles like the one I'm currently having to deal with. And by drastic, I mean someone who tasks you with something, then something else, then something else, then something else and never thinks about all the other tasks as he tasks you with something else and expects each to be completed yesterday; someone who wants to be hands-on with the shop, but is never around due to 'appointments' or his collatorals; someone who is quite frankly, too gun-ho, hoo-rah Navy (honestly should have probably been a Marine with his attitude); and quite frankly, has no charisma at all.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:08 am

Any 25 man guild right now will give you a trial period so long as you aren't applying far too far up the food chain - any 25 man guild that is "not recruiting" will be dead by 5.3. Try looking for a guild that is half-way through ToT, maybe they need some raiders with a brain to kill Durumu. Most guilds recruiting for ToT on my server are looking for 490+.
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Fenrìr » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:22 am

Winkle wrote:I find this hard to believe tbh, I've not met to many players who can be top dps on multiple toons in the same raid group. Those kind of players are usually in guilds like method.

If you're just talking about hc dungeons then you don't really have much competition in those things anyway.

I don't think it's too far-fetched. Any person who is remotely a min/max kind of player is already going to know how to play their raid ready alts to their potential. You don't have to be in a top world guild to do that.

Heck, when I had multiple raid ready melee alts, I could compete for the number 1 dps spot on any of them. But alas, this patch hasn't been the best for alts, but it has been improved.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:31 am

Yeah, if you are really good at one dps class/spec the others aren't that different. And the minor differences are nothing 15 minutes of guide reading and training dummy pummelling won't fix.

Fetzie

Postby benebarba » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:12 am

Winkle wrote:Why would you even apply for a guild that does absolutely nothing? Guilds that just do open raid don't actually need recruits. TBH i can't even believe guilds for LFR has become a thing.

You need to find an active raiding guild attempting to progress through ToT, they'll be the ones crying out for recruits.

I have a feeling it's more applying for a guild making big claims ("We'll clear ToT as soon as we get this pesky roster filled! Promise!"), then finding out that they have been dead for at least half a tier.
benebarba

Postby Fenrìr » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:14 am

yea, I app'd to a couple of guilds in similar situations and even transferred to one...it's annoying.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:36 am

Fetzie wrote:Yeah, if you are really good at one dps class/spec the others aren't that different. And the minor differences are nothing 15 minutes of guide reading and training dummy pummelling won't fix.

i might not be top everytime on alts, but i am pretty dam close esp once they get some actual gear
but i know i am weird. i research the specs i like to play on just about every toon and work to be at least passable at them.
so far the only spec i havent been able to perform at decently in a raid that i have tried was boomkin

there are a few specs i havent been yet, like mw monk, ele shaman, destro lock, healadin, mut rogue...yeah thats it, i have done at least LFR as everything else and been able to perform fairly well

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Winkle » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:10 am

Fetzie wrote:Yeah, if you are really good at one dps class/spec the others aren't that different. And the minor differences are nothing 15 minutes of guide reading and training dummy pummelling won't fix.

If 15mins of training dummy is enough to be #1 dps in your raids i'd suggest getting some new raiders. Or alternatively maybe you need to apply to method.

We're not even that good but regularly dps in my guild log top100, i certainly wouldn't be able to switch to alt and match/surpass those players.
Winkle

Postby djlar » Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:40 pm

It's like someone was reading, a guild gave me a chance on my Shaman, ele/resto, 25 man, went there, did very well, killed 3 bosses last night, I was healing nicely with elemental reforges (had some problems with mana but nothing serious), tonight I'll be asked to go full resto and will have full resto gear/reforge ready. Now to kill that damn turtle.

There was only one rogue in the raid, if needed I can bring mine but we need hard heals on the turtle and Mageara, we had a couple of pugs that performed badly and got away with gear (and left after they got it).

Did that LFR thing and yes, the Eye Sore maze is more clear to see, we only lost like 4 people in that and one shotted him. Was the fix to every difficulty or just LFR?
djlar

Postby benebarba » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:30 pm

I'd wager all difficulties, since as far as I know the mechanic, graphic and complaints were the same
benebarba

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:33 pm

It's essentially just a graphic fix, not a difficulty change.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby benebarba » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:38 pm

Worldie wrote:It's essentially just a graphic fix, not a difficulty change.

Yep

I think they also made it a little less punishing for latency too by making the 'safe' spot appear a bit sooner, if I understood the patch notes right.
benebarba

Postby econ21 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:16 pm

Blizzard wrote:Generally when tanks are having fun in PvP, nobody else is.

Grrr. Such a naked statement of Blizzard's obvious hostility to making tanks viable in PvP.

I just can't see the logic - why is having some specs being more defensive than offensive in any way less fun for opponents? It's just means they can be ignored in favor of softer, more dangerous targets. The real challenge for design is in giving tanks tools to prevent them being sidelined - e.g. collision detection, pvp taunting, guarding friends etc.

And such a lack of imagination. There's no good reason tanks can't have fun in PvP without spoiling it for others. Swtor, Warhammer etc managed it fine.

And of course, when frost mages, rogues and pillar hugging druids are having fun in PvP, it has my retadin lying on the floor jiggling uncontrollably, it's such fun for me.
econ21

PreviousNext

Return to General