Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:33 am

Jabari wrote:
halabar wrote:And I've found it useful ever since you picked it up. Thanks for your efforts there!

+1

There's always friendly territory here. Wish BRK was still around.

Even the BRk forums got a bit messy at the end. Wish there was a hunter equivalent of howtopriest.com, which has the perfect mix of theorycrafting and still allowing noob questions. Very similar to here.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Bellanka » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:59 am

Recruitment.

Three Warlock apps in the past week. We're a 9hr/wk HM Progression Guild.

.None have WoL. Ran some dungeons with two of them. 30k and 50k average DPS in a Heroic Dungeon. =|
.One in full PVP gear, no PVE gear. At all. "I DEed it all, PVP gear has better bonuses anyway." /twitch
.Two have had unenchanted items on for over three weeks.
.One was quite possibly the most toxic, racist person I have ever had the misfortune of typing/speaking to.

It would almost be amusing if the majority of potential recruits and new applicants didn't make me want to chemically castrate them for the good of the future.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:15 am

Wow. That's pretty brutal. D:
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:22 am

My Fitness Pal is going to HATE ME today.

I busted my ass all morning. Burned 1200+ Calories.

That means, the stupid app is going to want me to eat 2k+ calories today. I felt miserable yesterday after indulging in pizza for a celebration of my kid's Grades. (my youngest two brought home straight A's, making it 3 grading periods in a row that they have both done so)

I felt miserable, and I still didn't even go over my calorie goal for the day (now at 1650).

How int he world and I going to find enough "healthy" food to eat 2k+ calories? I just had 400 for lunch, and I'm stuffed.
Shoju

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:27 am

Whoa whoa whoa. Wait. Don't force yourself to eat food just to maintain a caloric balance that MFP is going to be happy with. There are ebbs and flows to every single food plan and even if you burn a shitton of calories in one day it doesn't mean you need to compensate by eating all those calories back. (Plus like you said, you indulged yesterday, so if anything, today's your "balance it out" day.)

Although what the heck were you doing to burn 1200 calories? I could run for two hours straight and I wouldn't be able to burn that.

For today, eat only if you're hungry. Easy thing to boost your calories up if you're actually feeling famished: apples and bananas are around 100 calories each. Add some peanut butter to either of those and your calories will jump as well (plus it's healthy fat mixed with fruit so there's nothing to feel bad about).
Last edited by Nikachelle on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:29 am

Nikachelle wrote:Whoa whoa whoa. Wait. Don't force yourself to eat food just to maintain a caloric balance that MFP is going to be happy with. There are ebbs and flows to every single food plan and even if you burn a shitton of calories in one day it doesn't mean you need to compensate by eating all those calories back. (Plus like you said, you indulged yesterday, so if anything, today's your "balance it out" day.)

QFT
benebarba

Postby Shoju » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:59 am

Nikachelle wrote:Whoa whoa whoa. Wait. Don't force yourself to eat food just to maintain a caloric balance that MFP is going to be happy with. There are ebbs and flows to every single food plan and even if you burn a shitton of calories in one day it doesn't mean you need to compensate by eating all those calories back. (Plus like you said, you indulged yesterday, so if anything, today's your "balance it out" day.)

Although what the heck were you doing to burn 1200 calories? I could run for two hours straight and I wouldn't be able to burn that.

For today, eat only if you're hungry. Easy thing to boost your calories up if you're actually feeling famished: apples and bananas are around 100 calories each. Add some peanut butter to either of those and your calories will jump as well (plus it's healthy fat mixed with fruit so there's nothing to feel bad about).

I know. I don't want to eat more just to compensate.

The app seems to get "mad" if I eat less than 1200 calories, or leave 800 or more calories if I exercise. After meeting with my doctor, he told me to make sure that I don't have the app telling me that I'm not eating enough, so I've been trying to stick with that, but on days like today, I just can't even fathom trying to eat that much.

As far as the calories burnt,
1200 Calories burnt = back breaking labor moving, pulling, packing, etc... lots of items into boxes, weighing them, and the like. The closest thing I could find in the app is Moving Household items, carrying boxes. All told, I have 700 pounds of stuff going out UPS that is there because I got it all from the warehouse, and packed it, and I've probably got another 400 pounds going Mail. And the day isn't over yet.

As the E-commerce guy, I have to pull, pack, and all that jazz anything and everything I sell. So today:

20 Mower Transmissions = 16 pounds each. From the top shelf in the warehouse. So that's up the ladder, get 2, bring em down, put em on the cart, and up and down and up and down, until I have all 20 of them.
14 ATV Tires = 12 pounds each. Similar to what I did with the transmissions, but only up the ladder half as far. OH yeah, and moving the ladder from one end of the warehouse to the other. (while this sounds trivial, it's a 90,000 SQ FT Warehouse, and a 15 ft ladder. After getting the transmissions, I felt like I was in Slow mo)

That was the big stuff. Then all the headlights, brake stuff, misc small tires, Scooter Trunks, and what not. Once I have it all on carts, I take it back to my office, load them all in boxes, pack them, put them on the scale, get them weighed and labeled, get them back on carts, and take the carts where they have to go. Took me 3 hours to get it all done. I put it in the app as 90 minutes, since there were times when I wasn't doing anything strenuous (sitting at the comp printing labels, taping boxes, putting labels on.

Then, later, I'll have to load the mail in my car (I don't think it's going to fit), and take it up to the post office, and put it on carts there, because our small town post office wont give us a daily pick up unless we pay $15 a day, or schedule it online. (Yes. that's what I want to do schedule a pickup for an unknown amount of boxes every freaking day.... They love the "unknown qty".)

I'm a regular one man wrecking crew of E-Commerce around here lately. It's :15 till 2pm here, and I'm just now finishing up my lunch, and getting to the part where I get to edit pics, and get stuff on the site, and ebay. I don't think I'm going to get to work on my new shopping cart software at all today. Or tomorrow.

It's crazy. I feel like I get a better workout some days at work than I do playing baseball, or walk/jogging/running. It's hard to get people to understand what a day of "busy" is here for me. Today, I'm just wearing the Shipping hat, and a little of the "Data Entry Hat". Tomorrow I'm going to try and wear the programmer hat a little more, and maybe the marketing hat. But, knowing my luck, I'll have to put on the IT hat because it's been too long without a problem.

EDIT:
One more thing. I have this awesome blender. it's called a Ninja. (I also have the smaller "Bowl" size blade and container as well)

One of my Desserts of choice lately, has been to take a frozen banana, and just a little milk (like... maybe 1 - 1 1/2 TBSP), Chunk the banana, and put the milk in with it. BLEND BLEND BLEND.

It ends up coming out like Soft Serve Ice Cream. I'm not a huge fan of the Banana Taste, but I can top it with some fresh fruit, and pretend it's a DQ Blizzard.
Shoju

Postby bldavis » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:07 pm

Chunes wrote:
bldavis wrote:that is why i love the glyph of the lakestrider

though i should really get working on that rep for the rest of my non-shaman/dk toons

The lock glyph that lets you run on water with your class mount is even sexier.

totally agree, i just had a brain fart

its like path of frost, just always on when riding class mount (and cmon, why would you NOT ride the lock class mounts? esp when you get your dreadsteed?!?!?!)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Chunes » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:46 pm

I've had a pretty huge crush on the Anzu mount ever since he was introduced, so i use that on all my chars.

I definitely have a separate binding though for the lock mount just so I can run on water.
Chunes

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:52 pm

Goddammit! Windshield crack on the driver side right when the state inspection is due! >.<
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:54 am

Police chief got his laptop hijacked with that stupid fbi screen thanks to his kid, and he questions my ability to fix it because all i am doing is read comics on my ipad while i let all the programs fo its work.

He thinks that slamming my fingers on the keyboard will somehow make the scans go faster...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:29 am

Frustration 1: Finding 5 warbringers last night but not being able to kill any of them due to lack of a DK tank to team with (given up trying to find a non-DK tank, healer, and other dps, nor am I interested in becoming a kite-master and soloing as a hunter, since that takes about 20 min... and several of the spots don't have room for that).

Frustration 2: Access here from work is going to be cut off soon. Tested the new proxy server they are going to deploy, and a ton of new sites, including this one, are gone.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Nordix » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:59 am

Just noticed that all the old character selection screens are gone.
(Gilneas for worgen,SW for humans,forest for NE,etc)
There is now either ORG or SW for everyone,all the time.

EDIT: Now it works proper.That was some weird ass bug.
Last edited by Nordix on Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nordix

Postby Fetzie » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:59 am

halabar wrote:Frustration 1: Finding 5 warbringers last night but not being able to kill any of them due to lack of a DK tank to team with (given up trying to find a non-DK tank, healer, and other dps, nor am I interested in becoming a kite-master and soloing as a hunter, since that takes about 20 min... and several of the spots don't have room for that).

Frustration 2: Access here from work is going to be cut off soon. Tested the new proxy server they are going to deploy, and a ton of new sites, including this one, are gone.

I solo them on my paladin, any reason why you would need a healer for them? Takes me about 8 minutes.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Bellanka » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:37 am

ShadoPan Assault doesn't have the item for gaining account rep boosts at revered. =|

Hit revered last week and went looking for it before I did the Champions of the Thunder King and LFR on my Warrior.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General