Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nordix » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:28 am

Newsom wrote:Gone from realm first last tier to realm third. Our new recruit sucks, and our warlock is still MIA, almost been a week now. We killed Megaera but it didn't even feel good because she should have died 3 weeks ago. Bleh.

From world 150-200 to world 500 to unstable 600ish guilds.

Doesnt matter how hard I try,idiots will keep failing,the rest quits and I remain.

Btw we needa healer.4days,20 to 23:30 /w if anyone is interested.
Nordix

Postby Nooska » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:28 am

Not sure if frustration or succes, but if succes a frustrating one.

I've decided to stop maintaining the BM guide on EJ (and wowhead as I won't be doing the work anyway) as of 5.3.
I don't see a reason to do work on something that elicits the sort of vehement personal attacks I've seen from simply not having agreed with 3 other users work (actually only 2 I believe) before even being presented with the premise.
Even with a diligent moderation staff, I've still read the posts, and the attacks still fulfilled their purpose - and I have no reason to believe that they will stop.
I was tempted to follow a suggestion in the last post - to simply delete the work - but that would be unfair to both those that use it, as well as whoever would possibly be selected to take over - I'm a bigger man than that.

Add to the attacks that I've been playing very little since 5.2 hit and since the raid group fell apart, and I just don't see the idea in trying to maintain interest in writing a guide anymore - it was fun for 1½ expansions, not so fun for the last week.

Now I just have to find out if I'll actually start playing again any time soon.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Newsom » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:12 am

Nooska wrote:Not sure if frustration or succes, but if succes a frustrating one.

I've decided to stop maintaining the BM guide on EJ (and wowhead as I won't be doing the work anyway) as of 5.3.
I don't see a reason to do work on something that elicits the sort of vehement personal attacks I've seen from simply not having agreed with 3 other users work (actually only 2 I believe) before even being presented with the premise.
Even with a diligent moderation staff, I've still read the posts, and the attacks still fulfilled their purpose - and I have no reason to believe that they will stop.
I was tempted to follow a suggestion in the last post - to simply delete the work - but that would be unfair to both those that use it, as well as whoever would possibly be selected to take over - I'm a bigger man than that.

Add to the attacks that I've been playing very little since 5.2 hit and since the raid group fell apart, and I just don't see the idea in trying to maintain interest in writing a guide anymore - it was fun for 1½ expansions, not so fun for the last week.

Now I just have to find out if I'll actually start playing again any time soon.

I for one found your guide useful on my alt a few tiers ago. Thanks for writing it!
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby halabar » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:04 am

Newsom wrote:
Nooska wrote:Not sure if frustration or succes, but if succes a frustrating one.

I've decided to stop maintaining the BM guide on EJ ..

I for one found your guide useful on my alt a few tiers ago. Thanks for writing it!

And I've found it useful ever since you picked it up. Thanks for your efforts there!

I hope they don't con Z into picking it up, she does too much already. But I fear one of the Simheads will pick it up, which means it will become as arcane to regular players as the MM guide. EJ really isn't what it used to be. The entire priest section is dead except for two nitwits maintaining a running battle able disc mana management or something like that.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Jabari » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:51 am

halabar wrote:And I've found it useful ever since you picked it up. Thanks for your efforts there!

+1

There's always friendly territory here. Wish BRK was still around.
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Newsom » Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:07 pm

Frustration: everything
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby benebarba » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:31 pm

Newsom wrote:Frustration: everything

hey, at least you could post that here! so it can't be all bad. MTadin's still up :P
benebarba

Postby Sagara » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:06 pm

1h49 minutes on Durumu (in theory, farm boss). We joked on tank channel that maybe we should go play some Monster Hunter.

The kicker? When RL says "Everyone should give himself a slap in the face". Hu? Hello? A-game so far here? And closes the kill on a "good job everyone".

*grumbles*

EDIT oh, and forgot to mention how apparently the maze "disappeared" at range. Yeah. Right. Disappearing.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby benebarba » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:39 am

logged in this morning real quick to do the anglers dailies, thinking they'd be the last ones I need to do to get exalted and get my fancy waterstrider. Got the DMF buff, flew back, did quests.

200 rep left! doh!
benebarba

Postby econ21 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:43 am

benebarba wrote:logged in this morning real quick to do the anglers dailies, thinking they'd be the last ones I need to do to get exalted and get my fancy waterstrider.

Don't worry, it's so worth it. It's the most important faction rep this expansion. That waterstrider is so useful, I'd be inclined to make it my default, if it wasn't so hideous. My monk is using it a lot while leveling - e.g. makes the coastal trip from Theramore to Tanaris much less obnoxious.
econ21

Postby benebarba » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:46 am

econ21 wrote:
benebarba wrote:logged in this morning real quick to do the anglers dailies, thinking they'd be the last ones I need to do to get exalted and get my fancy waterstrider.

Don't worry, it's so worth it. It's the most important faction rep this expansion. That waterstrider is so useful, I'd be inclined to make it my default, if it wasn't so hideous. My monk is using it a lot while leveling - e.g. makes the coastal trip from Theramore to Tanaris much less obnoxious.

I hadn't had much use for it on the 2 toons I play most until IoT (potions of water running I used occasionally, but not often)... man water-running makes getting around that place easier.
benebarba

Postby Chunes » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:54 am

man water-running makes getting around that place easier.

Playing a DK main these days, I agree with you.

I'll probably farm the rep for one as soon as I start working on a non-dk char.
Chunes

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:01 am

Nothing beats any form of water walking. NOTHING.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/q ... ic#130:145

Elixir consumed most: Elixir of Water Walking (691)
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:33 am

that is why i love the glyph of the lakestrider

though i should really get working on that rep for the rest of my non-shaman/dk toons

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Chunes » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:24 am

bldavis wrote:that is why i love the glyph of the lakestrider

though i should really get working on that rep for the rest of my non-shaman/dk toons

The lock glyph that lets you run on water with your class mount is even sexier.
Chunes

PreviousNext

Return to General