Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:45 am

Teranoid wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Are you arguing that the fight is bad for the game as a whole because LFR can't do it correctly?

No I'm saying you shouldn't give them a buff for being terrible because all they do is use it as a fucking crutch for their skilless asses.

The fight is fine. Giving terrible players a crutch so they can still play pathetically bad and get loot is absolutely retarded.

Didn't realize there was a buff now, but yeah I getcha.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:50 am

Oh hey! a blue post on durumu, with bashiok completely missing the point on what people are asking/complaining about that fight.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:00 am

Well if the post is indicative of anything it is a "make it easier so we don't have to learn how to do it properly" post.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:06 am

Flex wrote:Well if the post is indicative of anything it is a "make it easier so we don't have to learn how to do it properly" post.

The OP post? probably. A bunch of the others posts are about the graphics rather than the mechanic.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Nooska » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:29 am

Jabari wrote:
Nooska wrote:(Its theorycrafting BM hunters, haste versus crit/mastery)

Oh? Did something change for BM? If so, mind throwing an update into the thread in Other Specs for it?

Naah, nothing changed really - the closest we get is that the trinket that consolidates your secondary stats makes haste better than it used to be (and may warrant haste stacking), but there are 2 (or is it 3) people arguing that that is reason to stack haste, and its haste thats valuable (and misssing that its the slight fact that you get an increased PPM for the same secondary budget, but the actual value is the highest secondary (crit usually) that contributes).
And yes, the increase PPM can be a reason to stack haste over mastery when you have the trinket, but noone presented analysis, just SimC or FD numbers that show an increase in DPS when you add haste (duh!), and the same numbers tills howing adding crit or mastery is better (and 50/50 crit/mastery combination the best).

And then when I responded to a few of the points stating why I though my analysis is right, it gets "personal" (well not completely personal - somewhere between "Responding to Tone" and "Ad Hominem", with a little degradation to "name-Calling", but in a "higher class" version than just the given example in the disagreement hierarchy;
Where I try very hard to stay above contradiction (I do rely on people reading whats I've said before though, so whether its contradiction or counterargument can be a matter of discourse.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:36 pm

- Receive bad instructions
- Follow instructions
- Get told the instructions were wrong and that some files might have been compromised
- Reply with "I was just following orders! Hey, it worked for the nazis for a while"
- Get boss to raise an eyebrow before starting to laugh.

Still frustration because I still get to clean that mess.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Jabari » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:45 pm

Nooska wrote:Naah, nothing changed really...

Hmm. Went and looked at the thread yesterday. There's a bit of "talking past each other" going on at the moment - they're all talking about SimCraft runs, where the shot rotation/priority is different than what's listed in the main post. (The 6-second "mini-rotations".)

SimC is still using a strict priority system. From what I can tell, it'll start a new Cobra even with 0.5 left before KC's ready, which doesn't seem right.

I think they (the haste supporters) need to challenge the listed priority first, then they can use their results. I don't think I've ever seen anything simulating the "mini-rotations".

Related Frustration: Maybe the priorities are just better. I had a horrible target-dummy run yesterday on mine (compared to SimC). Maybe I left something in SimC related to buffs and such, but I don't think so. Will have to try again tonight. :(
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby econ21 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:09 pm

Teranoid wrote:Dumbest addition to the game ever.

That's funny, I was just thinking how inspired the addition was.

I haven't tried Durumu yet but on Ji-Kun, it really does seem to help keep the group goodnatured and persevering after multiple wipes, with no one leaving or bad mouthing others. (Most recently, this was a group that wiped to Tortos's enrage with no prior deaths, so I think we really did need the buff.)
econ21

Postby bldavis » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:59 pm

honestly that mentality is what you get with LFR period

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby econ21 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:35 pm

My frustration is Oondasta.

The fight works when people play the dumbest - get a couple of 40 person raids, the more the better, drag him down to the beach and GY zerg him. People stack close together. No one watches aggro. There is no tank coordination. Or coordination of any kind. We even had a hunter over-aggro the kiting tank, so that a frill blast killed half the raid on the pull, and still the boss died in a one shot. He probably scored 160+ kills dying, but who's counting?

By contrast, try to do the fight the "proper" way - with a group of 40, up top, asking people to spread out and it just fails due to poor implementation or lack of throughput. First time, we actually did it that way - with only about 3 deaths - but it took 3 wipes. Second time, three wipes and group disbanded. (I blame the healers - only 5 and don't know what they were doing; certainly not making sure I was at full health for the first frill blast; even with GoAK and DivProt popped, I still dropped).

I guess it's just asking too much of a randomly gathered PUG to do (half of) what Blizzard planned for heroic raiders to do. But the fight just offends my ordered sensibilities. It makes your typical LFR look like grandmaster chess.
econ21

Postby Newsom » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:42 pm

So one of our best players has just been MIA for 3 days now. No one knows where he is and we have no means of contacting him. I hope he didn't die or something. :S

We're also royally screwed for any sort of progress requiring less than 3 healers.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Darielle » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:49 pm

Newsom wrote:So one of our best players has just been MIA for 3 days now. No one knows where he is and we have no means of contacting him. I hope he didn't die or something. :S

We're also royally screwed for any sort of progress requiring less than 3 healers.

THere was this one time on LK progression where I broke a shoulder in Rugby and didn't think of/wasn't able to post on forums for a few days.

I'm told they tried combing through obituaries near the end.
Darielle

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:29 pm

You were progressing on LK and didn't think to let your guild know? Am I the only one that thinks that's weird?

We had a few healers totally disappear off the face of the earth last expansion. They're still in guild... they just never logged back on...
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:38 pm

I was in a hospital with no access to internet for a few days and didn't think of posting as a thing I needed to demand :P
It did cross my mind, there just wasn't really a drive to make a scene.

I got to phone people, but at the time I didn't know guildies' numbers (NZ --> US had little reason to share).

In the old guilds I've been in, people would just NEVER remove people. I think it took hitting the 400 or whatever limit that stops them showing up in Guild UI to catalyse a cleanup.
Darielle

Postby Andurin » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:48 am

Jquery Mobile is been bashing my head in for the second day now... !@#$!$R!$!@#%@#%^@&#$.
Andurin

PreviousNext

Return to General