Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:23 pm

holy shit, is that maze hard to see in Durumu, even on top down view
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:30 pm

Klaudandus wrote:holy shit, is that maze hard to see in Durumu, even on top down view

I foresee the maze getting axed completely from LFR after the first week or so.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:38 pm

i just cant see it *_*

i dunno if its my monitor or what... or maybe its bad design...
---
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:31 pm

It's *REALLY* annoying yes. It took me a handful of tries to actually realize the "go near the edge, wait for the maze on the preivous quadrant, run into it, wait for the maze to expand thingie".

I think everyone's complaining about that one.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:18 am

I was just starting to get the hang of waiting until I see solid blocks before I try to move between them on our attempts on Sunday. Annoying, though. Very little room to move.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby benebarba » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:15 am

I don't see the maze being axed, but I could see a graphic change.

Currently I think part of the trouble some folks have is that the graphic itself has gaps in it and the contrast isn't so great (at my settings at least) . There's a quest mob in the court of bones with a similar graphic issue: you have to step into an area to see if it is actually safe or if it is just where the bad intersects with the floor.
benebarba

Postby benebarba » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:17 am

Teranoid wrote:LFR groups having 10 stacks of the buff and still wiping. Inability to read and follow simple directions such as "don't drop puddles in the raid"

My faith in humanity is pretty much gone as far as this game is concerned.

The buff doesn't get big enough to make up for failure at mechanics.
benebarba

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:27 am

benebarba wrote:I don't see the maze being axed, but I could see a graphic change.

Currently I think part of the trouble some folks have is that the graphic itself has gaps in it and the contrast isn't so great (at my settings at least) . There's a quest mob in the court of bones with a similar graphic issue: you have to step into an area to see if it is actually safe or if it is just where the bad intersects with the floor.

Yeah, I lived once I moved to the outside maze, but the inner maze is impossible to see
---
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:59 am

Durumu the Forgotten

Eye Sore and Mind Daggers now deal less damage on Raid Finder difficulty.
Amber Fog, Azure Fog, and Crimson Fog now remain visible after being revealed on Raid Finder difficulty.

Well that took a long time.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:27 am

Yeah, and those hotfixes were there before my lfr... we still wiped 6 times because people couldnt see the safe zone near durumu.

interestingly enough, people say that putting your settings to low actually helps seeing the maze better, which is why I wonder how wise was it of blizz to do a fight balanced around graphic settings *snerk*
---
Klaudandus

Postby benebarba » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:02 am

Klaudandus wrote:Yeah, and those hotfixes were there before my lfr... we still wiped 6 times because people couldnt see the safe zone near durumu.

interestingly enough, people say that putting your settings to low actually helps seeing the maze better, which is why I wonder how wise was it of blizz to do a fight balanced around graphic settings *snerk*

I'd zoned into a group that had wiped 9 times on Durumu,and it took us 2 more wipes to kill him apparently first because folks with the beams were standing still and then because of 2 people telling the raid to do 2 different things.

One of the problems was the directions to "Hug <player> if you don't know what to do" were taken to mean "stay close to them the whole fight" (the more honest of us admitted we weren't entirely sure what we were looking for), and this person was a rolling/jumping/strafing crazy monk healer. Who then promptly got all of us killed who followed them because there wasn't enough heals to keep us up as they ran us through the edge of the platform (basically straight through the bad). Finally, one of the two just said to follow them through the maze. Both complained that people were too close to them. It was *great*.

I think it took us 6 tries on Primordius too, pretty much entirely to not enough people going after adds (in a ranged-heavy group, the few melee ended going out to do it for like the first 3 tries). I didn't stick it out to the last boss just because it got so late.

It was awesome when people started bitching about random things (kick XYZ, they look funny!) and yelling to go watch videos, only to then have a completely different strategy get proposed.

First night LFR is fuuuun! :P
benebarba

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:09 am

like i said, not sure if there's something wrong with my eyes or what, but i could never see the thing that tells you which direction he's gonna be spinning nor the safe zone that is supposed to be near him... i could see the one far away, but that was it.

primordius took us us 4 tries, but wasnt that bad.

dark animus took us 3 tries, but wasnt bad once people realized to focus fire the adds one by one, and to run away
---
Klaudandus

Postby benebarba » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:18 am

Klaudandus wrote:like i said, not sure if there's something wrong with my eyes or what, but i could never see the thing that tells you which direction he's gonna be spinning nor the safe zone that is supposed to be near him... i could see the one far away, but that was it.

I just watched a video on youtube apparently from the PTR, and even the outer ring seemed like it looked way more obvious than I recall it being last night. And for all the yelling that the "RLs" were doing, I don't recall seeing a pre-cast warning or direction on my UI.
benebarba

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:23 am

Well the "safe zone" is just a bunch of light grey coloured squiggles on the ground. I don't remember my UI telling me which way he was going to spin (although my DBM is slightly out of date and not sure if that's what would've told me), but it became pretty obvious when he started turning his laser beam. (This is from normal mode though.)

The pre-cast warning is for him charging up his laser beam and I definitely saw that warning in the middle of my screen, but I think it was DBM telling me as such.

Edit: Anyone else getting 503 error messages from the armory for the past three days? Driving me nuts.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:29 am

Nikachelle wrote:Well the "safe zone" is just a bunch of light grey coloured squiggles on the ground. I don't remember my UI telling me which way he was going to spin (although my DBM is slightly out of date and not sure if that's what would've told me), but it became pretty obvious when he started turning his laser beam. (This is from normal mode though.)

The pre-cast warning is for him charging up his laser beam and I definitely saw that warning in the middle of my screen, but I think it was DBM telling me as such.

Edit: Anyone else getting 503 error messages from the armory for the past three days? Driving me nuts.

No problems with armory, and I'll have to double check my DBM... I'd updated it before I logged in though.
benebarba

PreviousNext

Return to General