Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Jabari » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:42 am

Game is crashing, often. Getting some kind of "can't allocate memory" error, especially when moving into a really populated area (i.e., porting into 2-moons, etc).

It did this before a bit, and I (mostly) fixed it by turning down the graphics settings. The crashes have REALLY picked up frequency after 5.2, though. :(

My graphics settings are still low. Not sure what else to try. Don't run too many addons, really - the only memory-intensive ones I can think of are Auctioneer and Recount, but disabling those doesn't seem to help.

Anyone else experiencing this?
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Rhiannon » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:51 am

Worldie wrote:On Horridon I've pretty much changed talents every attempt, to see if changing talents would work.

We both run usually Insanity + PI, taking ToF instead of PI on Horridon.

He's got a bit of a gear advantange (tf weapon and better second trinket) which is a large part of the difference on JR, and his multi-dotting and death sniping for orbs on horridon tries is just plain better.

Recent change I made for my lock was to have my tidyplates change colour when mobs dropped below 20% hp (shadowburn range) and use a mouseover shadowburn macro - this vastly improved my shadowburn sniping on low hp mobs. You may wish to try something similar with death.
Rhiannon

Postby Worldie » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:04 am

How you do that color thing Rhiannon? I use tidyplates too
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Rhiannon » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:08 am

Think only certain themes support it. I switched to Quatre for that functionality, then go into Tidy Plates Hub: Damage, go down to Health bar mode, change the bar color to health, and adjust the health threshold sliders further down.
Rhiannon

Postby Newsom » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:21 am

Frustration: cancelling raids because the same person keeps not showing up and we have no one to replace him with.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Worldie » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:49 pm

Well this night ended with me being replaced with a offspec DPS due to excess of badness.

... :(

I'm sad, I need a hug.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:37 pm

/hug Worldie
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Fetzie » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:05 pm

Getting new items, losing haste :/
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Sagara » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:06 pm

Lost my T14 4-pc to 522 pieces :-/ Hoping Ji-Kun will be generous enough this week...
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Lieris » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:41 pm

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/28/diabl ... -hurt-game

In other news the pope does poop in the woods. It's sad to see what has become of Blizzard... they used to be able to do no wrong.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:25 pm

Lieris wrote:http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/28/diablo-3-director-jay-wilson-auction-houses-really-hurt-game

In other news the pope does poop in the woods. It's sad to see what has become of Blizzard... they used to be able to do no wrong.

The Auction House isn't the issue. The itemization is the core issue. Fix that and suddenly no one cares about the AH. The crafting patterns take a step towards that and the redid Legendaries help a bit.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby bldavis » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:14 pm

Nikachelle wrote:Oh dear god.

that screenshot made me shudder

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Fetzie » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:41 pm

Exactly what am I supposed to spend my VP on if I have bought everything I want and can buy, am 7000 reputation from the next rep level and 30 points off capping out at 3000 with another 600 VP to earn this week? >.>
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:47 pm

Offspec items?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:51 pm

You mean duplicates of what I've already bought?

Already have the haste/mastery necklace, haste/crit ring, haste/mastery cloak. Don't need the legs, got haste/mastery ones in the raid. Can't buy the chest yet, not revered.

Fetzie

PreviousNext

Return to General