Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Winkle » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:39 am

Worldoflogs is your friend
Winkle

Postby Worldie » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:40 am

I can't grasp from our WoL what we doing different.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:43 am

Hacks imo.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:45 am

Worldie wrote:My dps is shit.

This time not being fault of the class balance, but me actually doing something wrong. Big frustration cause I can't figure out why our other SP is doing 15k more DPS than me with same gear level. I don't understand :(

I had that same problem once too (EDIT: As a shadow priest)! Never figured it out. Frustrated me to no ends BECAUSE SURELY I WAS BETTER THAN THAT GUY! :evil: Seriously though. :lol:
Shadow Priest was my second favourite spec before I retired (after Protection Paladin of course!), I just really enjoyed the micro-managing of all the DoTs and whatnot.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Worldie » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:53 am

In 5.0/1 I was actually better than that guy, we did comparable DPS on ST and I was far ahead on multitarget.

Now suddently in T15 I'm doing shit compared to him. The fact that noone seembs to find out what I'm doing wrong frustrates me a lot.
(p.s. if you want to look at some logs... here's a Jin Rok hc kill and several Horridon hc wipes http://worldoflogs.com/reports/93vpv6edneejhi7p/)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:07 am

Dunno much about Spriests, but would it have something to do with his higher ticks of Mind Flay, Divine Star and Mind Blast?

To me, it just seems like he has a slightly tighter rotation. /shrug though
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:51 am

Well, both your stats and talents seem to differ from each other? Of course, for all I know you might've both changed your talents and stats since these logs. But he's got about 1400 more spellpower than you (not sure if that's much anymore) and more crit, while you beat him on haste. I haven't kept up with theorycrafting of any kind since I quit, but I always found the crit vs. haste arguments for SP to be a little vague. And then there's the talents, not sure how much they matter, but you've got Power Infusion and he's got Twisted Fate. Twisted Fate seems to have a larger possible uptime, if he's good at sneaking in small heals (or maybe the Shadow Priests nearly constant off-healing triggers it? I don't know). Just some thoughts!

EDIT: Oh and Mindbender vs. Solance & Insanity. No idea how good Mindbender is, but +33% Mind Flay damage per orb consumed on Devouring Plague targets seem pretty strong! Again, just some thoughts, I really don't know the actual numbers.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Worldie » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:09 am

On Horridon I've pretty much changed talents every attempt, to see if changing talents would work.

We both run usually Insanity + PI, taking ToF instead of PI on Horridon.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Era » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:38 am

I don't know why I kept writing Twisted Fate and not Twist of Fate. :lol: Sent you a PM with some logs and stuff, maybe it's useful, maybe it's a waste of time - in any case, worth a shot in case it's helpful!
Era

Postby Worldie » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:47 am

You are right that he got better uptime than me. I suppose I'm doing something wrong with dot applications / refreshing.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Era » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:06 am

Worldie wrote:You are right that he got better uptime than me. I suppose I'm doing something wrong with dot applications / refreshing.

Maybe you're better at not standing in fire and that's why his uptime is better. Always good to have the healers on your side, in case they have to make a snap decision on who to let live. :wink: :lol:

Uptime can have a lot to do with just having the right addons to remind you, though. Maybe it's time to redo your UI!

Era

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:07 am

Oh dear god.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:08 am

Nikachelle wrote:Oh dear god.

Just looking at that screenshot gives me an indescribable urge to go organize a bookshelf or something. :lol:
Era

Postby cdan » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:13 am

Not a Spartan UI user.
cdan

Postby Worldie » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:17 am

Nikachelle wrote:Oh dear god.

^ this

That said, I'm using the same UI of a SP friend of mine, who is MUCH better than me (has always been ranking in top 50 on all fights since years), and if it works for him, it should in theory work for me >_<

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General