Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:42 am

Agreed
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:05 am

Klaudandus wrote:Agreed

Unh? When we did it last reset, it seemed so much more easier than the Megaera - Ji-kun trash: interrupt ALL THE THINGS, face big things away from the raid and kill small things before big things.

Someone care to elaborate how that could be fucked up, unless both tank are total moro... oh. LFR.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Worldie » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:12 am

Winkle wrote:
Worldie wrote:The QQing going on in the T15 topic is really hurting my faith in the playerbase that follows this forum.

Interestingly the post wasn't written as QQ at all, it just amuses me how you seem to interpret everything as QQ worldie. You're also seemingly pretty good at spouting it yourself when ever priests are mentioned in blue posts.

I at least admit I'm QQing about priests :P

Problem is the majority of the topic is like "Hey, my guild is below average, people don't have the time/will to improve, but we demand to be able to faceroll content that is not designed for us"
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:18 am

My question is... are we really that below average?

Between tier7 and until Tier14, we had cleared all content at least on normal, and some heroic modes here and there, before the next tier would be released.

Tier 14 ended up killing my guild.

You could make an argument about not wanting to improve, but that was one of the benefits of VP vendors on previous expansions... which was taken away from the people that did not want to do dailies. (Because they're optional).
---
Klaudandus

Postby benebarba » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:23 am

Klaudandus wrote:My question is... are we really that below average?

Between tier7 and until Tier14, we had cleared all content at least on normal, and some heroic modes here and there, before the next tier would be released.

Tier 14 ended up killing my guild.

You could make an argument about not wanting to improve, but that was one of the benefits of VP vendors on previous expansions... which was taken away from the people that did not want to do dailies. (Because they're optional).

I think you added that last bit while I was starting to comment.

I was about to ask if it was actually T-14 raids, or MOP in general that killed your guild. For mine, it certainly wasn't the raids that did it. The common theme I've noted about guild woes seems just as likely to do with it being a new expansion (folks who decided to drop when it hit for various reasons), or with pre-raiding stuff not being what they liked (daily ALL the things, etc.).
benebarba

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:37 am

It was a mix of everything, but hitting a wall at Garalon (closest we came was 2-3%) and much of the VP gear being behind the rep gate undo our raid.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:39 am

Klaudandus wrote:It was a mix of everything, but hitting a wall at Garalon (closest we came was 2-3%) and much of the VP gear being behind the rep gate undo our raid.

I was surprised that your raid got stuck at Garalon. You guys had a lot more of MSV and HoF kills than my raid group had before we finally started a poke at Garalon. I was worried I'd not catch up!
Last edited by Nikachelle on Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:41 am

c'est la vie... so, I wonder, I am really below average? was my group below average? Like I said, T14 was the first time in years we didnt clear all normal modes!

We could have gotten over that bump if more VP stuff was not behind the rep to be honest... several of our raiders didnt like doing dailies...
---
Klaudandus

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:48 am

I think the word average is different for everyone in this context. I certainly don't consider the overall average of what's posted on guildox or wowprogress to be the directly relevant average (since not every guild on there is actually a raiding guild). Average to me, was clearing normal mode this tier, although I did feel drastically behind the curve for a great deal of T14.

Very few times have I actually felt like we've excelled at the game (off the top of my head the ones that stick out are our Algalon kill (which, even then, was after ToC had been released) and early Firelands when we were knocking down bosses faster than I thought possible, especially when compared to what the higher end guilds on our realm were killing).

I also feel that what our "average" is, is utterly dependent on our peer group and the players we surround ourselves with. Ideally, I like when I can see my raid group sitting in the top 15 guilds on my server. So during T14 when we're languishing around positions 40 to 19 (as we crept up slowly) I felt really below average. Also, as a poster on this forum though, I feel I (and my group) am wayyyy below average. But that's just a by-product of posting in a forum where people take their gaming pretty seriously.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:57 am

That's the funny part... For the first month or two of each tier, we would be neck to neck with the more hardcore raids in our server. Heck, we got some server first every now and then.

All of the sudden, we slow down to nothing in T14, and I blame a mix between T14 and the mechanics to acquire the gear implemented in MoP (dailies up to the wazoo).

Our dps wasn't bad, with two of our plate dps doing over 100K dps per boss fight... but on the lower end, our warrior tank was doing below 40K dps on avg. I'd normally do 10-15k more dps than him on fights.

Then the fingerpointing started with some people that did the dailies angry at some people that did not do the dailies because they felt they were holding us back... I did the dailies because I did not want to feel like I was holding the group back and such...
---
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:28 am

djlar wrote:Trash, from the Turtle to the Hydra, I swear I had nightmares of how much trash we killed on second LFR wing, we wiped more to trash than bosses, that run was little over 2 hours, 3 bosses, 3000 trash mobs, zero loot, they should at least drop some gold..

OMG... the trashfest... the stupidity on the last boss... finally got it last night with 7 freeking stacks. Lame loot table for that wing (for a hunter with my current gear).

NOT GOING BACK. I'll be content with first wing that drops more stuff and is much more tolerable.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Worldie » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:43 am

Klaudandus wrote:My question is... are we really that below average?

Between tier7 and until Tier14, we had cleared all content at least on normal, and some heroic modes here and there, before the next tier would be released. .

What is missing here is what Normal modes are designed for.

Before LFR, Normal modes were for "the random disorganized pug", it was intended that every single guild out there cleared them. Except maybe for T11, the normal modes between T7 and T13 have been extremely easy.

However, now that LFR exists, what was previously Normal mode aims is now LFR aim: the new Normals are not aimed at people who can't/don't want to improve and get a grasp at at least hitting 80% of their DPS potential and refuse to learn mechanics.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:49 am

I'd argue that not all of T8 normal was "extremely" easy. And Lich King normal wasn't either.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:07 am

Arguable, I've joined several disorganized pugs that could clear 10/12 ICC 25 heroic and faceroll the remaining 2 normal modes, and my realm was far from being good. People even usually avoided me cause i was raging at the bads not biting on Lanatel heroic, and we'd still kill it.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Winkle » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:16 am

Worldie wrote:Arguable, I've joined several disorganized pugs that could clear 10/12 ICC 25 heroic and faceroll the remaining 2 normal modes, and my realm was far from being good. People even usually avoided me cause i was raging at the bads not biting on Lanatel heroic, and we'd still kill it.

Is that with or without the buff? 10/12 25 HC in ICC without the buff is a pretty spectacular pug if you ask me.

Overall though the difficulty has definitely swung from easy to hard, my guild cleared normal DS week 1, this was kind of unexpected for us and it certainly felt like an easy tier, clearly Blizzard felt the same, if i remember at the time there were a lot of guilds stuck on 1/8hc for a very long time.

Perhaps the new model is better, at the end of the day if people are progressing they're happier than being stuck on one boss i'd wager, perhaps that even includes progressing a tier behind like back in tbc.
Winkle

PreviousNext

Return to General