Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nordix » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:13 am

N+1th case of random wowgirl from LFD getting mad at me because I dont boost her shitty char in 5mans on the basis of "CUZ I'M A GIRL"
User avatar
Nordix
 
Posts: 307
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:29 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:49 am

anyone knows of a good podcatcher app for the iphone? apple's podcast is pretty shitty...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9508
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby bldavis » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:34 am

Klaudandus wrote:Has anyone else been downloading small patches just about every day?

yes..and its getting annoying
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Flex » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:35 am

Klaudandus wrote:anyone knows of a good podcatcher app for the iphone? apple's podcast is pretty shitty...


I use Downcast, syncs its status across various devices which is nice and has location based updating, so it'll update itself when you arrive at work or leave the house. Haven't had a real issue with the latest releases of the Podcast app but I use the extra features of Downcast.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Flex » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:39 am

Newsom wrote:
Flex wrote:Do you have your own LAMP server? I've been impressed with Fever that I linked earlier.

Feedly says they will migrate existing users to their new backend when it goes live before Google Reader shuts down.


It costs $30 and they don't even host it? :P No way to try before I buy?


Well I can vouch that it does what it says it does. Plunked down the $30 on it since I have a server I use.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:11 pm

Flex wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:anyone knows of a good podcatcher app for the iphone? apple's podcast is pretty shitty...


I use Downcast, syncs its status across various devices which is nice and has location based updating, so it'll update itself when you arrive at work or leave the house. Haven't had a real issue with the latest releases of the Podcast app but I use the extra features of Downcast.


Hmmm, was hoping for a free one =p
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9508
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Flex » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:16 pm

Klaudandus wrote:
Flex wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:anyone knows of a good podcatcher app for the iphone? apple's podcast is pretty shitty...


I use Downcast, syncs its status across various devices which is nice and has location based updating, so it'll update itself when you arrive at work or leave the house. Haven't had a real issue with the latest releases of the Podcast app but I use the extra features of Downcast.


Hmmm, was hoping for a free one =p


Spend money, support developers.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby djlar » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:38 pm

NINETY minutes to get into an LFR, as DPS, and with still 4 DPS spots to fill, I don't get it, this was for a fresh run, after waiting an hour beforehand for a last boss run, so that's 2 hours and a half of waiting just to enter the raid, not counting all the wipes, and tons of trash to kill..

C'mon this is WEEK ONE of the LFR, where are the players? also where are the Island of Thunder participation? we are down to 35% participation and completion towards next gate is slow (it's like 1% every 4 hours now)

All is left is a pack of hundred warlocks hunting rares and killing them as fast as they can, not giving the other classes a chance to even see the mob alive..
Image
djlar
 
Posts: 1421
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:30 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:48 pm

djlar wrote:NINETY minutes to get into an LFR, as DPS, and with still 4 DPS spots to fill, I don't get it, this was for a fresh run, after waiting an hour beforehand for a last boss run, so that's 2 hours and a half of waiting just to enter the raid, not counting all the wipes, and tons of trash to kill..

C'mon this is WEEK ONE of the LFR, where are the players? also where are the Island of Thunder participation? we are down to 35% participation and completion towards next gate is slow (it's like 1% every 4 hours now)

All is left is a pack of hundred warlocks hunting rares and killing them as fast as they can, not giving the other classes a chance to even see the mob alive..


Well, they wanted to disincentivize LFR for heroic raiders.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9508
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Flex » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:56 pm

Klaudandus wrote:also where are the Island of Thunder participation? we are down to 35% participation and completion towards next gate is slow (it's like 1% every 4 hours now)


From my understanding of the tweets participation works as follows:
When you go to the island you get counted as able to participate. Don't visit the island and you aren't not contributing.
To count towards participating you need to do one quest and you are a full participant.
Doing more quests doesn't offer any benefit towards unlocking island stages faster.
There's some weighting based on realm population and other factors as well.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby djlar » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:29 pm

Indeed, but people just go there to kill the rares, they don't bother to do a single quest, maybe some motivation, if you participated doing one quest you have a slight chance of getting something else, say the Lock Book in the final quest?
Image
djlar
 
Posts: 1421
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:30 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:40 pm

Well the box from the final quest can contain all sorts of good stuff - keys, stones, rep tokens for both the daily and raid factions...
KysenMurrin
 
Posts: 4960
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:37 am
Location: UK

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Teranoid » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:49 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Well, they wanted to disincentivize LFR for heroic raiders.


Which is funny because LFR will become the dumpster LFD used to be since there will be next to no competent players to carry the absolute dregs of this game to their precious shinies.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Fenrìr » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:08 pm

Ugh...so my US spec Mini Cooper is having problems here in Europe. Imagine you're traveling down the road, go to pass a car and as you accelerate to get around said car, you tap the break several times...that's what my car is doing. So I took it to the dealership and they said there's nothing wrong with the car except for that I'm using the wrong gas. It's the only damn gas I have available here to me...
Image
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:41 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:12 pm

not enough octane?
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9508
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Fenrìr » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:18 pm

It's what they say, but I'm using what is labeled as 95 octane with octane booster in it.
Image
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:41 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby benebarba » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:40 pm

Fenrìr wrote:Ugh...so my US spec Mini Cooper is having problems here in Europe. Imagine you're traveling down the road, go to pass a car and as you accelerate to get around said car, you tap the break several times...that's what my car is doing. So I took it to the dealership and they said there's nothing wrong with the car except for that I'm using the wrong gas. It's the only damn gas I have available here to me...


Don't take this as gospel, but it's entirely possible that the range of fuels your engine has been calibrated for (which is essentially dealt with through the programming of the various controllers and beyond what most repair shops can modify in-house) is quite a bit different than what you are able to get (since your vehicle is US-market, but is being used in Europe). May be something you can find out about with some googling and checking cooper user groups.

Out of curiosity, since I have no clue, is the octane rating in Europe the same system we use in the US?
benebarba
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:49 pm

well, he mentioned 95 -- never seen a rating that high in the US.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9508
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby benebarba » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:18 pm

Klaudandus wrote:well, he mentioned 95 -- never seen a rating that high in the US.


that was my thought - I know emissions standards and the like are quite different too.

Edited to add: Found this that may be helpful. I'd check the listed octane and the recommended to ensure it's using the same system.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating
Last edited by benebarba on Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Daeva001 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:20 pm

benebarba wrote:Out of curiosity, since I have no clue, is the octane rating in Europe the same system we use in the US?


A quick Google search shows that they are not the same. That European 95 is roughly equivalent to a US 91. If you can, try using the Euro 98 gasoline.
Daeva001
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:09 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nooska » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:46 am

I haven't seen 98 octane in over a decade. We have 92 octane and 95 octane (and diesel, but thats besides the point). There is allt his newfangles 95 octane+ where the plus indicates some additive or other to do something or other depending on the company selling it (Shell uses "fuelsave" which supposedly saves you a litre per tank)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1600
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nooska » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:47 am

Oh right, frogot what I was going to post...

... tooo.. many.. games, too little time.

Seriously, its not that I don't want to play wow, its just that I want to play KOTOR2, CivV, Minecraft as well, and they sorta take my time primarily.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1600
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby JoeBravo » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:18 am

Nooska wrote:Oh right, frogot what I was going to post...

... tooo.. many.. games, too little time.

Seriously, its not that I don't want to play wow, its just that I want to play KOTOR2, CivV, Minecraft as well, and they sorta take my time primarily.


:(

too much to do in WoW too little time! and that's while I'm between jobs >_<
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:19 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Fenrìr » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:34 am

There's 98 Octane out in town which I think I'm gonna start rolling with. Thanks for the tips though. <3
Image
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1138
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:41 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Lieris » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:02 am

From a clean boot with only one tab open (a football stream with barely anything else on the page) Chrome is using over 600MB of RAM. So frustrating just how bloated web browsers have become.
Lieris
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1522
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:49 am

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 1 guest