Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:55 am

Has anyone else been downloading small patches just about every day?
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:56 am

Yup. And it wipes my game cache every time, which I notice because ever since patch 5.0 my game takes forever to load loot windows if an item isn't in my cache (I lost a few "lost treasures" to this at launch, they despawn if you move without looting).
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nordix » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:13 am

N+1th case of random wowgirl from LFD getting mad at me because I dont boost her shitty char in 5mans on the basis of "CUZ I'M A GIRL"
Nordix

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:49 am

anyone knows of a good podcatcher app for the iphone? apple's podcast is pretty shitty...
---
Klaudandus

Postby bldavis » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:34 am

Klaudandus wrote:Has anyone else been downloading small patches just about every day?

yes..and its getting annoying

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Flex » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:35 am

Klaudandus wrote:anyone knows of a good podcatcher app for the iphone? apple's podcast is pretty shitty...

I use Downcast, syncs its status across various devices which is nice and has location based updating, so it'll update itself when you arrive at work or leave the house. Haven't had a real issue with the latest releases of the Podcast app but I use the extra features of Downcast.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Flex » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:39 am

Newsom wrote:
Flex wrote:Do you have your own LAMP server? I've been impressed with Fever that I linked earlier.

Feedly says they will migrate existing users to their new backend when it goes live before Google Reader shuts down.

It costs $30 and they don't even host it? :P No way to try before I buy?

Well I can vouch that it does what it says it does. Plunked down the $30 on it since I have a server I use.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:11 pm

Flex wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:anyone knows of a good podcatcher app for the iphone? apple's podcast is pretty shitty...

I use Downcast, syncs its status across various devices which is nice and has location based updating, so it'll update itself when you arrive at work or leave the house. Haven't had a real issue with the latest releases of the Podcast app but I use the extra features of Downcast.

Hmmm, was hoping for a free one =p
---
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:16 pm

Klaudandus wrote:
Flex wrote:

Hmmm, was hoping for a free one =p

Spend money, support developers.
Flex

Postby djlar » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:38 pm

NINETY minutes to get into an LFR, as DPS, and with still 4 DPS spots to fill, I don't get it, this was for a fresh run, after waiting an hour beforehand for a last boss run, so that's 2 hours and a half of waiting just to enter the raid, not counting all the wipes, and tons of trash to kill..

C'mon this is WEEK ONE of the LFR, where are the players? also where are the Island of Thunder participation? we are down to 35% participation and completion towards next gate is slow (it's like 1% every 4 hours now)

All is left is a pack of hundred warlocks hunting rares and killing them as fast as they can, not giving the other classes a chance to even see the mob alive..
djlar

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:48 pm

djlar wrote:NINETY minutes to get into an LFR, as DPS, and with still 4 DPS spots to fill, I don't get it, this was for a fresh run, after waiting an hour beforehand for a last boss run, so that's 2 hours and a half of waiting just to enter the raid, not counting all the wipes, and tons of trash to kill..

C'mon this is WEEK ONE of the LFR, where are the players? also where are the Island of Thunder participation? we are down to 35% participation and completion towards next gate is slow (it's like 1% every 4 hours now)

All is left is a pack of hundred warlocks hunting rares and killing them as fast as they can, not giving the other classes a chance to even see the mob alive..

Well, they wanted to disincentivize LFR for heroic raiders.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:56 pm

Klaudandus wrote:also where are the Island of Thunder participation? we are down to 35% participation and completion towards next gate is slow (it's like 1% every 4 hours now)

From my understanding of the tweets participation works as follows:
When you go to the island you get counted as able to participate. Don't visit the island and you aren't not contributing.
To count towards participating you need to do one quest and you are a full participant.
Doing more quests doesn't offer any benefit towards unlocking island stages faster.
There's some weighting based on realm population and other factors as well.
Flex

Postby djlar » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:29 pm

Indeed, but people just go there to kill the rares, they don't bother to do a single quest, maybe some motivation, if you participated doing one quest you have a slight chance of getting something else, say the Lock Book in the final quest?
djlar

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:40 pm

Well the box from the final quest can contain all sorts of good stuff - keys, stones, rep tokens for both the daily and raid factions...
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Teranoid » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:49 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Well, they wanted to disincentivize LFR for heroic raiders.

Which is funny because LFR will become the dumpster LFD used to be since there will be next to no competent players to carry the absolute dregs of this game to their precious shinies.
Teranoid

PreviousNext

Return to General