Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Teranoid » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:07 pm

I'm done with raiding. No I'm not going to be a bench warmer in case one of your mediocre dps doesn't show up. No I'm not interested in carrying your alts.

I'm just done. I seem to be enjoying pvp so much more lately that at least I have a new outlet in the game where I don't have to deal with the same people's daily bullshit anymore.
Teranoid

Postby Newsom » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:10 pm

Teranoid wrote:I'm done with raiding. No I'm not going to be a bench warmer in case one of your mediocre dps doesn't show up. No I'm not interested in carrying your alts.

I'm just done. I seem to be enjoying pvp so much more lately that at least I have a new outlet in the game where I don't have to deal with the same people's daily bullshit anymore.

Sounds like you're just in the wrong place.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Teranoid » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:54 pm

I think my problem is I need to stop caring so much about a stupid video game and accept the fact that raiding just isn't something I enjoy anymore instead of making excuses to myself why I think I still do.

I'm at the point where 2-3 years ago I'd be dying to do all this shit.. lately I haven't even wanted to log in some days.

I guess I'm more frustrated that the inevitable is rearing it's head. At this point I doubt I'll see the end of the expansion before I call it quits.
Teranoid

Postby bldavis » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:23 pm

this should prob go in relationships but right now i want to put my fist through my monitor so i figured frustrations was better

apparently you are supposed to drop EVERYTHING and be at someones (who is 1 1/2 states away) beck and call because that is what true friends do

i was already raiding tonight when my friend texted me and said hey my brother got accused of rape!
we talked for a little while we were doing trash (farming the new raid so we can all get new shinies tomorrow) and when we did an attempt on the boss i said hey we are doing bosses now, ill respond asap

over the next 3 hours i get my ass chewed how i must not give a shit because i wasnt supporting her...
SERIOUSLY?

WTF AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WHEN I AM IN OREGON AND YOU ARE IN FUCKING MONTANA????

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby benebarba » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:58 am

bldavis wrote:WTF AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WHEN I AM IN OREGON AND YOU ARE IN FUCKING MONTANA????

get a faster plane? :P
benebarba

Postby Winkle » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:00 am

Hmm, when someone says "hey i need some support my brother's been accused of rape" and you say "sure thing, just let me slay an internet dragon first" i think i can see why the friend was upset.
Winkle

Postby benebarba » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:04 am

Winkle wrote:Hmm, when someone says "hey i need some support my brother's been accused of rape" and you say "sure thing, just let me slay an internet dragon first" i think i can see why the friend was upset.

While I can see why they'd be upset, I don't think it's reasonable.

I'm assuming bldavis isn't a lawyer nor able to give legal advice, which is what the friend's brother really needs. It sounds like a 'zomg, I gots drama I need to talk about' that happened while bldavis was engaged in something already.
benebarba

Postby halabar » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:50 am

benebarba wrote:
Winkle wrote:Hmm, when someone says "hey i need some support my brother's been accused of rape" and you say "sure thing, just let me slay an internet dragon first" i think i can see why the friend was upset.

While I can see why they'd be upset, I don't think it's reasonable.

I'm assuming bldavis isn't a lawyer nor able to give legal advice, which is what the friend's brother really needs. It sounds like a 'zomg, I gots drama I need to talk about' that happened while bldavis was engaged in something already.

And it also sounds like that conversation was going on for quite some time before it was time to try the dragon. Man can only process so much drama anyway...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Fetzie » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:53 am

Bldavis would have got an earful regardless of why he hung up.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:15 am

Do you guys normally dismiss your regular raids as "oh just off slaying internet dragons"? I can see why some gamers say it like that so that they're not taken too seriously about it (lest they be judged! :O), but I can see why friends/family would get aggravated or irritated if they feel that you're making light of your raid commitments (to them anyway) and yet do that instead of talk to them.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:32 am

Nikachelle wrote:Do you guys normally dismiss your regular raids as "oh just off slaying internet dragons"? I can see why some gamers say it like that so that they're not taken too seriously about it (lest they be judged! :O), but I can see why friends/family would get aggravated or irritated if they feel that you're making light of your raid commitments (to them anyway) and yet do that instead of talk to them.

Well, since it's a video game, those family and others that need to rant fail to realize that you are playing with 9 or 24 other people that have made a time commitment to be in the same place at the same time. My wife forgets that sometime. :wink:
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:42 am

I guess it's different for everyone, but my friends and family all know that I am not *ever* free from 9 am till noon every weekend day (unless I've made plans to do something very specific). Even when my parents come into town to visit they know that I can't meet up with them till after noon because of my commitments. I just make it very clear that I have other people who are depending on me and that I value being consistent with them.

I just find that the more people brush off their video games as "just videos games" the more easily it becomes not a true commitment to other people. They'll never take it seriously if we ourselves don't vocalize our devotion (that's a horrible word to use here because it makes us sound like we're slaves to the game, but you get what I'm saying) to it and the other people we play with.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:30 am

econ21 wrote:[An aside: Why do people want to do the Isle dailies? They seem underwhelming in their returns.]

My daily questing since 5.1 has been story driven.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Teranoid » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:36 am

I'm just doing it because it's another mount/exalted rep and then after that I'll go back to doing lotus dailies or something that doesn't require me to run halfway across the fucking zone on a ground mount for the exact same amount of elder coins/valor. Still need 3 Skyshards anyway :x
Teranoid

Postby Winkle » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:01 am

Nikachelle wrote:I guess it's different for everyone, but my friends and family all know that I am not *ever* free from 9 am till noon every weekend day (unless I've made plans to do something very specific). Even when my parents come into town to visit they know that I can't meet up with them till after noon because of my commitments. I just make it very clear that I have other people who are depending on me and that I value being consistent with them.

I just find that the more people brush off their video games as "just videos games" the more easily it becomes not a true commitment to other people. They'll never take it seriously if we ourselves don't vocalize our devotion (that's a horrible word to use here because it makes us sound like we're slaves to the game, but you get what I'm saying) to it and the other people we play with.

I completely agree with you Nika, but at the same time if i was say playing tennis and received a phone call from a friend with a serious issue i'd stop playing tennis to deal with it. I wouldn't say "sorry, can i get back to you, just playing a game of tennis" and expect them to be OK with that.

Also i think most guilds have learnt to sometimes expect the unexpected, hence whilst most organized raiding guilds have a subs bench for each raid.
Winkle

PreviousNext

Return to General