Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Teranoid » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:54 pm

I think my problem is I need to stop caring so much about a stupid video game and accept the fact that raiding just isn't something I enjoy anymore instead of making excuses to myself why I think I still do.

I'm at the point where 2-3 years ago I'd be dying to do all this shit.. lately I haven't even wanted to log in some days.

I guess I'm more frustrated that the inevitable is rearing it's head. At this point I doubt I'll see the end of the expansion before I call it quits.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby bldavis » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:23 pm

this should prob go in relationships but right now i want to put my fist through my monitor so i figured frustrations was better

apparently you are supposed to drop EVERYTHING and be at someones (who is 1 1/2 states away) beck and call because that is what true friends do

i was already raiding tonight when my friend texted me and said hey my brother got accused of rape!
we talked for a little while we were doing trash (farming the new raid so we can all get new shinies tomorrow) and when we did an attempt on the boss i said hey we are doing bosses now, ill respond asap

over the next 3 hours i get my ass chewed how i must not give a shit because i wasnt supporting her...
SERIOUSLY?

WTF AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WHEN I AM IN OREGON AND YOU ARE IN FUCKING MONTANA????
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby benebarba » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:58 am

bldavis wrote:WTF AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WHEN I AM IN OREGON AND YOU ARE IN FUCKING MONTANA????


get a faster plane? :P
benebarba
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Winkle » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:00 am

Hmm, when someone says "hey i need some support my brother's been accused of rape" and you say "sure thing, just let me slay an internet dragon first" i think i can see why the friend was upset.
Winkle
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:36 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby benebarba » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:04 am

Winkle wrote:Hmm, when someone says "hey i need some support my brother's been accused of rape" and you say "sure thing, just let me slay an internet dragon first" i think i can see why the friend was upset.


While I can see why they'd be upset, I don't think it's reasonable.

I'm assuming bldavis isn't a lawyer nor able to give legal advice, which is what the friend's brother really needs. It sounds like a 'zomg, I gots drama I need to talk about' that happened while bldavis was engaged in something already.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:50 am

benebarba wrote:
Winkle wrote:Hmm, when someone says "hey i need some support my brother's been accused of rape" and you say "sure thing, just let me slay an internet dragon first" i think i can see why the friend was upset.


While I can see why they'd be upset, I don't think it's reasonable.

I'm assuming bldavis isn't a lawyer nor able to give legal advice, which is what the friend's brother really needs. It sounds like a 'zomg, I gots drama I need to talk about' that happened while bldavis was engaged in something already.


And it also sounds like that conversation was going on for quite some time before it was time to try the dragon. Man can only process so much drama anyway...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Fetzie » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:53 am

Bldavis would have got an earful regardless of why he hung up.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2019
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:15 am

Do you guys normally dismiss your regular raids as "oh just off slaying internet dragons"? I can see why some gamers say it like that so that they're not taken too seriously about it (lest they be judged! :O), but I can see why friends/family would get aggravated or irritated if they feel that you're making light of your raid commitments (to them anyway) and yet do that instead of talk to them.
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8400
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:32 am

Nikachelle wrote:Do you guys normally dismiss your regular raids as "oh just off slaying internet dragons"? I can see why some gamers say it like that so that they're not taken too seriously about it (lest they be judged! :O), but I can see why friends/family would get aggravated or irritated if they feel that you're making light of your raid commitments (to them anyway) and yet do that instead of talk to them.


Well, since it's a video game, those family and others that need to rant fail to realize that you are playing with 9 or 24 other people that have made a time commitment to be in the same place at the same time. My wife forgets that sometime. :wink:
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:42 am

I guess it's different for everyone, but my friends and family all know that I am not *ever* free from 9 am till noon every weekend day (unless I've made plans to do something very specific). Even when my parents come into town to visit they know that I can't meet up with them till after noon because of my commitments. I just make it very clear that I have other people who are depending on me and that I value being consistent with them.

I just find that the more people brush off their video games as "just videos games" the more easily it becomes not a true commitment to other people. They'll never take it seriously if we ourselves don't vocalize our devotion (that's a horrible word to use here because it makes us sound like we're slaves to the game, but you get what I'm saying) to it and the other people we play with.
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8400
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Flex » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:30 am

econ21 wrote:[An aside: Why do people want to do the Isle dailies? They seem underwhelming in their returns.]


My daily questing since 5.1 has been story driven.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Teranoid » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:36 am

I'm just doing it because it's another mount/exalted rep and then after that I'll go back to doing lotus dailies or something that doesn't require me to run halfway across the fucking zone on a ground mount for the exact same amount of elder coins/valor. Still need 3 Skyshards anyway :x
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Winkle » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:01 am

Nikachelle wrote:I guess it's different for everyone, but my friends and family all know that I am not *ever* free from 9 am till noon every weekend day (unless I've made plans to do something very specific). Even when my parents come into town to visit they know that I can't meet up with them till after noon because of my commitments. I just make it very clear that I have other people who are depending on me and that I value being consistent with them.

I just find that the more people brush off their video games as "just videos games" the more easily it becomes not a true commitment to other people. They'll never take it seriously if we ourselves don't vocalize our devotion (that's a horrible word to use here because it makes us sound like we're slaves to the game, but you get what I'm saying) to it and the other people we play with.


I completely agree with you Nika, but at the same time if i was say playing tennis and received a phone call from a friend with a serious issue i'd stop playing tennis to deal with it. I wouldn't say "sorry, can i get back to you, just playing a game of tennis" and expect them to be OK with that.

Also i think most guilds have learnt to sometimes expect the unexpected, hence whilst most organized raiding guilds have a subs bench for each raid.
Winkle
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:36 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:13 am

Yep, I'm right there with you Winkle about serious issues. That being said, it's not his friend's issue. It's his friend's brother's issue, which just adds another layer of "well how much do I really care about this" versus "how much do you really just want to gossip".
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8400
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:32 am

Teranoid wrote:I'm just doing it because it's another mount/exalted rep and then after that I'll go back to doing lotus dailies or something that doesn't require me to run halfway across the fucking zone on a ground mount for the exact same amount of elder coins/valor. Still need 3 Skyshards anyway :x


Well, there is the plus of keys, shards, and rares that give extra valor, so there's more benefit to doing the Isle dailies, at least for now. But yeah, GL is certainly faster.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:34 am

Nikachelle wrote:Yep, I'm right there with you Winkle about serious issues. That being said, it's not his friend's issue. It's his friend's brother's issue, which just adds another layer of "well how much do I really care about this" versus "how much do you really just want to gossip".


It's like when my mother wants to talk to me for 45 min about someone she knows that has some illness, and I met the person once 11 years ago.. O.o
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6557
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby bldavis » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:13 pm

Nikachelle wrote:Yep, I'm right there with you Winkle about serious issues. That being said, it's not his friend's issue. It's his friend's brother's issue, which just adds another layer of "well how much do I really care about this" versus "how much do you really just want to gossip".

if i was in the same town as her..yeah i would have quit raiding and done what i could
but being i was a few states away, i was going to read her texts and respond as i could between pulls...

due to special issues i deal with..i have to be doing something almost constantly or my brain starts freaking out, once i explained that to her everything was fine as she has dealt with that before and understands

but like Winkle and Nika said, if it had been serious ...like instead of my brother got accused of rape, but my brother just got shot and is in the hospital yeah i prob would have quit then
im not TOTALLY heartless :)
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Bellanka » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:50 pm

The new Oondasta changes. Being on the VERY low population side of a PVP server means my group will *never* get Oondasta. We're one of three horde raiding guilds, and the others are pretty far behind us in terms of progression.

Also, just being on an unbalanced PVP server. Can't even farm the Warbringers and Warscouts before Allies just swarm (no pun intended) all over you.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:15 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:51 pm

realizing the game is not fun anymore... is not the people i am with, the game is just not fun anymore...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9336
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:22 pm

Klaudandus wrote:realizing the game is not fun anymore... is not the people i am with, the game is just not fun anymore...

Seems like a lot of people around here are starting to hit this wall now.
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 8400
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:25 pm

Nikachelle wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:realizing the game is not fun anymore... is not the people i am with, the game is just not fun anymore...

Seems like a lot of people around here are starting to hit this wall now.


Yeah, maybe I thought maybe a change of scenery might do me good... but there's many problems with the game beyond the people I play with... and realizing the game shortfalls most likely outweigh the positive of starting fresh somewhere else

TBH, not sure if this is just because I had a horrible LFR, but compounded with other things in-game it seriously made me consider quitting the game...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9336
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Gab » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:55 pm

Thunderforged shield and waist... Why would that be a frustration? Because they have int and should have gone to the holy paladin or resto shaman that we can't seem to find. Maybe it's a sign...
User avatar
Gab
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:54 am
Location: Wish you were here

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Levantine » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:42 am

People who bitch me out for not replying to texts and calls immediately (hey sup fuckers, I'm at uni or one of my two jobs or fucking asleep) and then have the nerve to do exactly the same thing to me when I know for a fact they aren't doing anything important because I see them walking around the shopping centre not even an hour later.
User avatar
Levantine
 
Posts: 7367
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: NQ, Aus

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Winkle » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:35 am

Klaudandus wrote:TBH, not sure if this is just because I had a horrible LFR, but compounded with other things in-game it seriously made me consider quitting the game...


I think it's important to limit doing things which you simply don't enjoy. I for example detest LFR, it's so mindless, so i run in the bare minimum of times. I ran it more when it was first introduced but i found it jaded my normal and hc raiding experience.
Winkle
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:36 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:40 am

I lost my raid group, my guild... was gonna transfer to a big guild in a different server and change factions... then I started to feel that even if I did that, and meet awesome new people, I'd still prolly not have that much fun after realizing that wow has become a new job... do heroic, do dailies, do lfr... maybe raid if I'm lucky...

I've gained weight since MoP launched cuz I've been adamant in having my characters as well geared as possible, and it takes a lot of time to do so.

I remember back in Cata I had THREE DS geared tanks, would do lfr on all 3, would raid heroic DS on two, would do heroics... and still had plenty of time to exercise and lose weight... and free time for other things too...

Now its dailies dailies dailies, rep rep rep, ad nauseum...

Maybe locking down to a single character would help, but still cant help but to feel something changed for the worse, and I aint talking about my waistline...

All things considered, the fact that I'm prolly facing depression just doesn't help at all...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9336
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: theckhd and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: theckhd and 1 guest