Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby benebarba » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:20 am

Theck (and really anyone else with my battletag/realID) who wants someone to group with for the dailies on a PVE realm: no problem. If I'm on, just shoot me a message.

Either I'm doing them or I'm doing *something* when I'm on. And sometimes, I can totally leave my toon sitting there (like when I am summoned to help with bedtime).

Besides, I haven't had the fun of running with some of ya'll since those cross-realm raids back during DS :P
benebarba

Postby Fetzie » Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:31 am

Similarly, if anybody needs a PvP realm with absolute horde dominance, I can invite you to EU-Anub'arak :)
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby halabar » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:55 am

econ21 wrote:[An aside: Why do people want to do the Isle dailies? They seem underwhelming in their returns.]

My frustration - capping valor seems a drag now. I used to run all 5 LFRs, do a MSV clear and a few daily heroics/scenarios. Now, I've lost interest in 5.0 LFR - I've done it for months, it's obsolete and it's starting to irritate me with the queues/incompetence.

Hmm.. this past week. 5 boss kills in MSV, 3 days of Isle dailies, Summoning stone quest, and a lot of rare farming, and a few other misc dailies. First week in a while that I didn't touch LFR.

The Isle dailies, as annoying as they are, are still better than an 5.0 LFR, at least until you max that rep. Hopefully by that point the new LFR has plenty of wings open.

If you get lucky and get 5-6 rare kills in 30 min or less, that valor adds up fast.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:59 am

Prepare a toon for server/faction change -- get anxiety attack and start secondguessing myself...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:06 am

Don't. I left my corpse of a server behind and haven't logged on an alt since 5.1.
Get RealIDs for the cool friends, do heroics and challenge modes together.
The rest? Let it die a rotten death.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:09 am

I think one of the things that stop me is that it would be a faction change as well... -_-
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:29 am

When cleaning out some old profiles, It amazed me how many times I've moves some of my toons over the years. Seems like once an expansion I wound up moving. Guilds changed or folded, people I played with moved on.

Stuff changes.

halabar

Postby Sagara » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:37 am

But there's always someone who never had to change, like myself. I caved in when I realized I wasn't in sync with my own guild anymore, and couldn't blow my enjoyment of the game for the sake of others.

So yeah, it's always someone's first time, as they say.

Sagara

Postby halabar » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:45 am

Sagara wrote:But there's always someone who never had to change, like myself. I caved in when I realized I wasn't in sync with my own guild anymore, and couldn't blow my enjoyment of the game for the sake of others.

So yeah, it's always someone's first time, as they say.

That's also why I'm hopeful with the large guild. While you can get lost in one, it's also much easier to find a niche that works for you (CTR had 8 raid teams running last night.. :shock: ). The smaller the guild, the easier for that apple cart to be hopelessly upset with a few additions or subtractions.

halabar

Postby Sagara » Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:48 am

And just sometimes, it's cosy to just be a cog in the machine.

Sagara

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:00 pm

I have no idea what the fuck happened. But I've gone from 60 fps on the isle of thunder yesterday down to 4 fps today. No addon change. No video card changes. What the hell!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:06 pm

Nikachelle wrote:I have no idea what the fuck happened. But I've gone from 60 fps on the isle of thunder yesterday down to 4 fps today. No addon change. No video card changes. What the hell!

I wonder if it's got something to do with whatever graphics enhancements/changes they incorporated this time around. I've heard a lot of people complain about greatly reduced framerates all over the map, not just the new stuff. Part of it I'd been willing to blame on more people being on.

To be safe, let's blame it on CRZ and make a lot of noise on the official forums.

Who's in!? :twisted:
benebarba

Postby bldavis » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:22 pm

well there was a min patch this morning..you could have been downloading it in the background..or it could have been something they changed that caused the fps drop

but im with bene,blame it on CRZ and bitch on the forums about it :mrgreen:
Last edited by bldavis on Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:33 pm

I even removed all of my addons, turned all the game settings down to practically nothing and I was still running at a whopping 4 fps.

Updated my addons. Same issue. Then started to get 4 fps in the Shrine indoors, which is nuts.

Rebooted my PC for like the third time as a last ditch effort and now it's all back to normal. What on earth... I mean don't get me wrong, I'm happy... but that's really nerve-wracking.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:58 pm

Maybe your PC fan is overheating, I had the very same issue as you described a few days ago and that was the cause.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General