Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:44 pm

It was worldie's evil twin... u could tell because of the goatee
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Era » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:12 pm

Bored. That is all. ͝__͝_
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:17 pm

what's left of my guild collapsed, now we're looking at just two people moving or something...

i am so down on this shit I just wanna quit tbh
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby theckhd » Sat Mar 09, 2013 8:02 pm

PvP realms. More than a few organized teams of gankers in PvP gear all over the isle, took me nearly an hour to do dailies. And with the way PvP gear is scaled nowadays, my LFR off-spec ret gear just can't keep up.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Nooska » Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:21 am

So you need pvp off-spec ret gear to quest?
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby bldavis » Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:25 am

i would just do what i did in wrath, and still do on my dk
for anywhere that i might be in trouble of being jumped by someone flagged for pvp, i just go my tank spec and gear

sure shit takes longer to die but you stay alive and with vengence and being a tank, if they try to bring adds onto you to help kill you...it just makes you stronger! (this oc could be different for a pally..it works pretty dam well for a dk though :mrgreen: )

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Newsom » Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:26 am

theckhd wrote:PvP realms. More than a few organized teams of gankers in PvP gear all over the isle, took me nearly an hour to do dailies. And with the way PvP gear is scaled nowadays, my LFR off-spec ret gear just can't keep up.

If you have a friend on a PvE realm, you can go quest there. They don't even have to be online as long as they are level 90.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby econ21 » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:14 am

bldavis wrote:this oc could be different for a pally..it works pretty dam well for a dk though :mrgreen:

I don't have much experience, but I've found my alt blood DK surprisingly good in casual pvp even with no gear. I think it's the self-healing plus they seem to do more damage with no vengeance than a palatank.
econ21

Postby halabar » Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:54 am

theckhd wrote:PvP realms. More than a few organized teams of gankers in PvP gear all over the isle, took me nearly an hour to do dailies. And with the way PvP gear is scaled nowadays, my LFR off-spec ret gear just can't keep up.

The isle does seem to have brought out every trade-chat asshole and everyone else. Reminds me of Isle of Q, but worse.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Teranoid » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:21 am

You can come quest with me Theck. Sargeras has about 14 horde left.
Teranoid

Postby theckhd » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:39 am

Nooska wrote:So you need pvp off-spec ret gear to quest?

Yeah, though I really can't be bothered to grind out honor to collect it. I've never been big into PvP, and that time inevitably has to come at the expense of something else nowadays.

Newsom wrote:If you have a friend on a PvE realm, you can go quest there. They don't even have to be online as long as they are level 90.

I always feel like a heel asking people to let me cheese XRZ and quest on a PvE realm. It feels like I'm not valuing their time that way, because I'm asking them to sit around and limit what they can do while I quest. It's different if they're doing dailies too, but the timing doesn't always line up that fortuitously.

Does it actually work if they log off? Last time I tried doing that (while leveling an alt), I got transferred back to my original realm whenever the other person went offline for more than a minute. But I don't remember what level we were at the time.

Teranoid wrote:You can come quest with me Theck. Sargeras has about 14 horde left.

Sounds like paradise!
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Newsom » Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:52 am

theckhd wrote:
Newsom wrote:If you have a friend on a PvE realm, you can go quest there. They don't even have to be online as long as they are level 90.

I always feel like a heel asking people to let me cheese XRZ and quest on a PvE realm. It feels like I'm not valuing their time that way, because I'm asking them to sit around and limit what they can do while I quest. It's different if they're doing dailies too, but the timing doesn't always line up that fortuitously.

Does it actually work if they log off? Last time I tried doing that (while leveling an alt), I got transferred back to my original realm whenever the other person went offline for more than a minute. But I don't remember what level we were at the time.

Just ask them to log a 90 alt that you can keep grouped up with. They changed how it works a bit with 5.2, before the patch the cross-realm player you were grouped with had to stay online (if they went offline you'd get kicked back to your old realm) but this is no longer the case.

However, if you are on a more populated realm than your friend, you will need to have more people from your friend's realm to get transported there. Assuming you're on a more populated realm, your friend needs to log two alts (one level 90 and one level 1 is enough, and online status is irrelevant). You can make a level 1 on your friend's realm yourself and just have your friend invite it and your main character if you don't want to hassle them too much.
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby theckhd » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:07 pm

Good to know, thanks for the tip.
theckhd

Postby econ21 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:31 am

[An aside: Why do people want to do the Isle dailies? They seem underwhelming in their returns.]

My frustration - capping valor seems a drag now. I used to run all 5 LFRs, do a MSV clear and a few daily heroics/scenarios. Now, I've lost interest in 5.0 LFR - I've done it for months, it's obsolete and it's starting to irritate me with the queues/incompetence. We don't do MSV anymore, but devote our raid night to progress, killing only about 3 bosses. It looks like I have to go back to my BC model, of grinding a heroic once a day (and now a scenario). Not fun. Feels more like a job than a game.

I think they could double all VP rewards - bringing them in line with daily heroic and scenario. 40 valor for a raid boss or a dungeon; 60 for the current isle dailies, just feels mean.
econ21

Postby Fenrìr » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:54 am

Teranoid wrote:You can come quest with me Theck. Sargeras has about 14 horde left.

/makes a note to be on the look out.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General