Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nordix » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:35 am

ilvl505 top dps warlock randomly leaves 1 day before the patch.

Guild almost dies at ambershaper hc,slowly recuperates to the point of finishing hc progress before 5.2 and then when we started seeing the light at the end of the tunnel,turns it not the exit of this crisis,but the morning train.
Our best dps and only warlock suddenly leaves without notice,bullshitting about depression and feelings that he was betrayed by his irl friends and such ->so he betrays us 1 day before the patch.

I'm raging .
Nordix

Postby Nooska » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:28 am

Nordix wrote:bullshitting about depression and feelings that he was betrayed by his irl friends and such ->so he betrays us 1 day before the patch.

I'm gonna poke you to get a bit of perspective here, especially the expression of "bullshitting".
Depression is a serious condition. AFAIK you don't know whats been going on with him and his RL friends, and that WoW - a computer GAME is the thing to stop with is a rational and laudable decision. Also, there is no betrayal of you or anyone else if someone decides to NOT play a GAME anymore/for a while.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:51 pm

Yeah. Depression is also not something to inspire rational behaviour.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Amirya » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:03 pm

I, too, am curious as to how you've arrived at the conclusion that this person is "bullshitting about depression," and what criteria you have used.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Teranoid » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:11 pm

Nordix wrote:bullshitting about depression and feelings that he was betrayed by his irl friends and such ->so he betrays us 1 day before the patch.

Wow and to think you once called ME pretentious and misunderstanding...
Teranoid

Postby Shoju » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:19 pm

Incoming personal rant that will be profane, but I can't post this anywhere else without starting Hatfield's Vs McCoy's 2.0 (Or would it be 3.0, since technically, last year there was a similar blowup?)

My son turned 16 today. SIXTEEN. That's a big fucking deal. His Great Grandparents picked him up after school today, to give him cards, and gush all over him, and all that grandparent shit. They gave him a birthday card from his mom who, despite living with them, couldn't be fucking bothered to make the 30 minute total drive to pick him up from school, drop him off at home, and drive back to their house.

Why? Because she needed to be somewhere else, with her boyfriend. Where was this other place? Oh.... a couple of blocks from the high school. Mind you, this woman has not seen her son on his birthday 7 fucking years in a row now. The first 2? Jail/Prison. The third? Rehab. The fourth? uh....... Jail... I think. Fifth? She was no where to be found. Last year? She asked him to stop by her house, which was a block from the school. TADA! SHE WASN'T HOME! This year? Boyfriend.

All of this, despite the fact that she says she wants to "fix things" with him. She lives a 10 minute fucking drive from my house, with her GODDAMN GRANDPARENTS WHO WOULD FUCKING DRIVE HER ANYWHERE. Does she come? No. Does she call to try and pick him up and do something with him? No. Does she even TRY to have the FUCKING VISITATION THAT THE COURT ORDERED? No. Does she even try to make it to his baseball games? Uh.... Well... Since she's been out of Prison, there was the game that she brought her Sex Offender Boyfriend to that got them both trips to jail, And... then the next season, there were.... 2? games. And uh.... Last Season, there was.... 2 home games.

Yep. Awesome. Stellar. Mother of the Century material right there I tell you.

I got a text message from him, and he tried to play it off, as if it amused him that she wasn't there, and that it was just her living up to her reputation, but I could tell that it hurt him.

I swear to god, I think she was a better mother when she was in prison. At least then, he knew where she was, knew she wasn't getting wasted out of her mind, that she was safe, and her not being there for his birthday was sort of understood.
Shoju

Postby Teranoid » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:21 pm

holy shit
Teranoid

Postby CrimsonEyes » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:23 pm

Yeesh. That's a real piece of work, there.
Spider Clan * Gentleman * Noah * Onisu of Crimson * Rabble Rouser * Wiggler * The Lucid Dream * Paladin * Thousand Son

Elenti of Scarlet Crusade

"There’s one thing you never put in a trap, if you’re smart. If you value your continued existence. If you have any plans about seeing tomorrow, there’s one thing you never, ever put in a trap.......Me." - The 11th Doctor

ImageImage
CrimsonEyes

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:00 pm

sweet mother of god
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:21 pm

You know why I'm not worried about my son getting a teenage girl pregnant?

Because his mother is the proof that sometimes, cool girls go batshit fucking crazy.
Shoju

Postby Teranoid » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:57 pm

ElvUI's client crashes and all of my shit is gone.

Why in the blue fuck would you code something to delete the previous data BEFORE EVEN DOWNLOADING THE UPDATED ZIP FILE
Teranoid

Postby Rhiannon » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:07 pm

Following a 15% wipe on Sha heroic last night we went for an extra raid tonight to try to get it before the patch, with some tweaks that should have got us the kill. Of course then our 503 warlock's ISP decided to do early maintenance and he loses his internet an hour into raid, and all we're left with is a 490 shadowpriest trial to take his place. Our best try tonight was 2 minutes longer than our 15% wipe yesterday, and the boss was at 17%. Sigh.
Rhiannon

Postby Flex » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:09 pm

Teranoid wrote:ElvUI's client crashes and all of my shit is gone.

Why in the blue fuck would you code something to delete the previous data BEFORE EVEN DOWNLOADING THE UPDATED ZIP FILE

Store your interface and WTF folders in a Dropbox folder. If something goes wrong and your UI gets nuked you can restore previous versions via the Dropbox website.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Teranoid » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:11 pm

Luckily I found a backup I made about 3 weeks ago when I was playing around with another UI.

Still horrible coding regardless.

My avatar sums up the situation pretty much.
Teranoid

Postby halabar » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:23 pm

Engineers got screwed over. The pet and the mount appear to both have been removed.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General