Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Newsom » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:36 am

Lieris wrote:I saw on wowhead that there was a craftable blue tank set and I thought okay, I can get all that stuff made up and ready for when I hit the level cap. Then I see you need a rare BOP item to buy each of the recipes and each piece needs an expensive bar to craft...

So that's another expansion where I won't be crafting any gear to wear that isn't epic!

On my server they go for around 70g a piece. There are also some "free" 450 blues from the latter quests in Dread Wastes, as well as a high chance at 450-463 or even 476 epics from the random Scenario grab bag (which has no item level requirement).

That said, you can easily tank heroics in greens. There really is no damage going out if you know how to tank with active mitigation. Once you're in mostly 463 blues from heroics you can easily tank LFR.
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby Teranoid » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:11 am

Klaudandus wrote:Some guildies have expressed interest in moving with me to Aerie Peak if I indeed move. Need to bring it up with our GL though, as rumors in the grapevine are that he also wanted to move to Alliance side, but Hyjal instead... so... if he moves characters and guild, that might solve my problem with the money. It means that all the players that are moving could dump their gold in the guild bank and have the guild transferred to Aerie Peak with all our gold inside.

He took a serious hit in real life so he's prolly willing to become just a regular player and get rid of the pressures of being a GL/RL

Aerie Peak is a nice server. It was where we started the Maintankadin guild back in Wrath and had some decent guilds. Haven't played much at all over there as all I have left is an 80 dk but I hear some guilds like Alone and Uprising coming back (even though pretty much everyone on the server despised them for all sorts of bullshit) are pushing some pretty decent ranks on kills.
Teranoid

Postby halabar » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:15 am

Teranoid wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:Some guildies have expressed interest in moving with me to Aerie Peak if I indeed move. Need to bring it up with our GL though, as rumors in the grapevine are that he also wanted to move to Alliance side, but Hyjal instead... so... if he moves characters and guild, that might solve my problem with the money. It means that all the players that are moving could dump their gold in the guild bank and have the guild transferred to Aerie Peak with all our gold inside.

He took a serious hit in real life so he's prolly willing to become just a regular player and get rid of the pressures of being a GL/RL

Aerie Peak is a nice server. It was where we started the Maintankadin guild back in Wrath and had some decent guilds. Haven't played much at all over there as all I have left is an 80 dk but I hear some guilds like Alone and Uprising coming back (even though pretty much everyone on the server despised them for all sorts of bullshit) are pushing some pretty decent ranks on kills.

Well, with the CTR guild there now, and growing rapidly, the server has at least 1000 new-to-the-server accounts active on it, with 3,000+ new toons. Plenty of opportunities. :wink:
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Teranoid » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:25 am

Glad to hear it. The server did sort of feel a little empty after Uprising went to Cho'gall and my guild basically died right before Cata dropped so I moved on but maybe I'll pop over there sometime and see what's up.
Teranoid

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:30 am

It easily has more ppl than feathermoon.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:31 am

Klaudandus wrote:It easily has more ppl than feathermoon.

Likely more that Feathermoon and Terenas combined...

halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:40 am

Heh. True. On other news, the idea of switching to Ally and go to Aerie Peak/CTR piqued my GL's interest. He was looking at Hyjal horde side, where the horde population is about as big as the Ally population is on Aerie Peak, but I tried to sell the point that being in a meta-guild is prolly the best option, more people that will sign up with our raid if we already have a strong core -- and he's not looking forward to be a guild leader anymore anyways.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:49 am

Trying to find a group selling 9/9 gold CMs for a decent price since my guild is full of idiots who quit after 1 run because they can't waltz in and get gold. The only one I've found is supposedly booked for another 2 months and I don't even trust them as their times are literally seconds from Silver.
Teranoid

Postby halabar » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:34 pm

Teranoid wrote:Trying to find a group selling 9/9 gold CMs for a decent price since my guild is full of idiots who quit after 1 run because they can't waltz in and get gold. The only one I've found is supposedly booked for another 2 months and I don't even trust them as their times are literally seconds from Silver.

I'd think about that if the hunter challenge mode gear didn't look like a roadkill collection.

halabar

Postby Teranoid » Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:39 pm

It's more a "I have nothing to spend my gold on and it's starting to pile up" kind of thing. I more want the achievements and the mount although the shaman mog + Shadopan helmet looks pretty awesome on a panda.
Teranoid

Postby halabar » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:16 pm

I'm gonna be all-in on BMAH loot again starting Tuesday to spend my diminished stockpile.

halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:26 pm

Guild leader is seriously considering moving the guild. He's considering Hyjal and Area 52 if we go Horde, and Aerie Peak if we got Ally.

The problem is to sell it to the others in our core group. Although one already said she'd follow me in one of her alts.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Lieris » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:34 pm

Newsom wrote:On my server they go for around 70g a piece. There are also some "free" 450 blues from the latter quests in Dread Wastes, as well as a high chance at 450-463 or even 476 epics from the random Scenario grab bag (which has no item level requirement).

That said, you can easily tank heroics in greens. There really is no damage going out if you know how to tank with active mitigation. Once you're in mostly 463 blues from heroics you can easily tank LFR.

Sounds like "heroics" are a bit short lived then! Do you need well itemised gear from LFR to do challenge modes? I know the gear scales down but I am assuming that some decent trinkets, tier set bonus and gem sockets will help a lot.

I am surprised how unpopular challenge modes seem to be. I think they look quite fun.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:40 pm

Lieris wrote:
Newsom wrote:On my server they go for around 70g a piece. There are also some "free" 450 blues from the latter quests in Dread Wastes, as well as a high chance at 450-463 or even 476 epics from the random Scenario grab bag (which has no item level requirement).

Sounds like "heroics" are a bit short lived then! Do you need well itemised gear from LFR to do challenge modes? I know the gear scales down but I am assuming that some decent trinkets, tier set bonus and gem sockets will help a lot.

I am surprised how unpopular challenge modes seem to be. I think they look quite fun.

No one wants to put forth the effort to build a team for them, especially since the rewards are minimal. (Really, the hunter challenge mode set does look like a pile of roadkill).

halabar

Postby JoeBravo » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:43 pm

Lieris wrote:

setbonusses doen't work in CM's, gearwise you'll prefer everything with as much sockets as possible and well itemised pieces.

as for frustration: missing the last (13th ofc) combo on will of the emperor in my alt's raid.
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

PreviousNext

Return to General