Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Newsom » Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:57 pm

Era wrote:
Newsom wrote:Crap. Our guild/raid leader just announced he's quitting the game. I really don't want to look for a new guild. :(

Don't you have people who can take over? :(

We actually decided to keep going as a guild, which is relieving. No one else wants to leave so we're gonna pick up the pieces and push forward. We still have to figure out some practical stuff and find 1-2 new players ideally, but we'll be fine!
NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby Fetzie » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:30 pm

Flex wrote:
Nordix wrote:CRZ ganking is incredibly retarded,I wouldnt mind if a same-ish level or just a few levels higher ganked me but lvl90s in full pvp gear just griefing the lowbies on a "because we can" reasoning is plain utter fucking completely retarded
I swear there are more 90 hordes here than zoneappropriate level alliance,and I've seen a total of 0 90 alliance players in hellfire peninsula.
Leveling an alt feels like if I were trying to cut my own testicles off with a spoon.

Don't roll on a PvP server. Problem solved.

I went to watch TV for an hour earlier, when an alliance dude killed me three times. Was gone when I returned.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Anub'arak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby theckhd » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:19 pm

Fetzie wrote:Q: You know, youre giving WW an obscene buff in utility all around yet you give ret some small gimmick buffs. We need massive aid
A. There are like 5x as many Ret paladins as all monks put together.

source: https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status ... 7350631425

Final confirmation that they do, indeed, buff by player numbers playing the class/spec in question and not necessarily by issues.

I think you're reading way too much into that statement.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Call to Arms 5.x, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Fetzie » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:29 pm

Then he shouldn't leave it open to such an interpretation. Or not post that response to that question.
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Newsom » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:38 pm

Fetzie wrote:Then he shouldn't leave it open to such an interpretation. Or not post that response to that question.

Did you read his following tweets? I't easy to take something out of context.
NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby theckhd » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:46 pm

It should have been pretty clear even without reading the follow-ups that he was suggesting that if rets were really in as dire straits as most players claim, the class representation wouldn't be so high.

Though really, most players don't have a goddamn clue about class balance. The vast majority of people who have the audacity to say "X sucks, we need buffs" don't know what they're talking about. Or they're just bad. Or both.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Call to Arms 5.x, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:20 pm

Heh, I went with paladins cuz I thought they sounded cool, didn't even know they were kinda sucky when I started playing the game, and I was none the wiser for quite a while...

I imagine a lot of people are like that...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:38 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Heh, I went with paladins cuz I thought they sounded cool, didn't even know they were kinda sucky when I started playing the game, and I was none the wiser for quite a while...

I imagine a lot of people are like that...

I started my paladin because they had flashier light effects than my warlock did.

True story.

OK, it also had to do with the disenchanted feeling from the totally awesome "CoD-SB spam" rotation. But the lights were the reason I picked paladin. Definitely wasn't the gameplay (given that you had to level to level 50 with pretty much only Judgment/Re-Seal before you got Crusader Strike)

Fetzie

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:29 pm

I wasn't able to level a pally until mid-late BC. Not sure if it was the playstyle or my habit to play "evil"/shady characters (shadow priest was my farthest leveled in classic, with many attempted twink rogues and a couple warlocks. My first end game char was a 70 rogue in BC.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:53 am

tbh pally was started and stuck with cause that was the first real tank i knew (tankadin guildie)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Fenrìr » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:14 am

I took over my wife's first paladin during T4 cause I was bored of just sitting in Shat for hours and hours on end after doing the Netherwing dailies. Then in T6 I did a double main (dual boxxing in raids >.<) and just went full on tank in T7 shoving the lock off to the side. I really hated leveling alts so my wife already having a lvl 70 just made it a bit easier to start the alt thing.

Now a days...I tank on both a Warrior and DK...but I just love the paladin (let's not mention the time invested to just 'swap' to a new main).
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:27 am

I love me my Prot pally. I'll still play one if it is the worst tank spec in the game, as long as it maintains some semblance of its stable play.

Ret? Not as much, especially after working on my fury warrior. I didn't mind Inq so much in DS, but for some reason I've started to just find it annoying. Multiple stackable cooldowns to manage doesn't seem nearly as bad, whereas 'every 30s, have 3+ HoPo and press this button to not suck' kinda blows. I do like the AOE and single target abilities and rotations though better than fury.
benebarba

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:06 am

Been considering going to see Eddie Izzard live, so went to have a look at his tour dates - and the one day he's in my area is the day I'll be in London for a guild meetup. Oh well.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:07 am

=/

well, Eddie isnt coming anywhere near me until 2014... last time I saw him live, Bush was still president

I still keep the ticketstub in my wallet =P
---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:39 am

I want THIS
---
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General