Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:48 pm

I always just feel silly on Lei Shi during Hide when I drop Magma Totem and just stand around while it ticks for <3k every 2 seconds.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:33 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:I always just feel silly on Lei Shi during Hide when I drop Magma Totem and just stand around while it ticks for <3k every 2 seconds.

Meh, as I hunter I just stand there, and will continue to do so until they bring back volley.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Nooska » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:30 am

As soon as you see where she is, drop an explosive trap - it does decent damage and helps counting hits - though no way to find her - at all, except pure dumb luck (or an aoe pet possibly... hmmm)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby benebarba » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:56 am

KysenMurrin wrote:I always just feel silly on Lei Shi during Hide when I drop Magma Totem and just stand around while it ticks for <3k every 2 seconds.

Better than being a ret pally where I can use DS if I have the HoPo and blow one of the AOE talents... then sit there. I'm hoping I feel more useful on my warrior.
benebarba

Postby halabar » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:11 am

Nooska wrote:As soon as you see where she is, drop an explosive trap - it does decent damage and helps counting hits - though no way to find her - at all, except pure dumb luck (or an aoe pet possibly... hmmm)

If I ever get there in a regular raid, I'll do that. :-) In LFR? Let the mages run around in circles... :-)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:55 am

benebarba wrote:

Better than being a ret pally where I can use DS if I have the HoPo and blow one of the AOE talents... then sit there. I'm hoping I feel more useful on my warrior.

Huh. I did not realise until I read your post (then checked on wowhead) that Ret no longer has Consecration. (You can tell how often I respec!)
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby djlar » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:56 am

halabar wrote:
Nooska wrote:As soon as you see where she is, drop an explosive trap - it does decent damage and helps counting hits - though no way to find her - at all, except pure dumb luck (or an aoe pet possibly... hmmm)

If I ever get there in a regular raid, I'll do that. :-) In LFR? Let the mages run around in circles... :-)

Or locks with immolation thingy.. destro with rain, does affliction have anything?
djlar

Postby theckhd » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:59 am

Afflic has rain of fire still.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Sagara » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:39 am

God, Spirit King H is a bitch - I'm stuck with positioning Subetai when he pops for his Volley, and between

the end of the Flanking Orders
the Annihilate
the half-random positioning of the raid group
the split second I get before Volley flies.

It really feels like "bored, bored, bored, OMAGADITSMYTURNFUCKDODGEFLANKINGFUCKNOWANNIHILATEOMGVOLLEYIN2!"

*twitch* Not good on the nerves.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Worldie » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:45 am

Aren't you using 2 tanks for it? It makes positioning a thousand times easier.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:53 am

Yep. Thing is, we tank Qiang close to an edge, with a designated spot for Volleys. Which means that we *may* have a Flanking order passing us by around the time Annihilate kicks in. And that's usually when Qiang hits 30%.

It's mostly a matter of zen-like decision as to where I'm putting Subetai so that the Subetai - raid axis does not cross the safe spot, while considering the forbidden zones delimited by Annihilate and Flanking.

It's not *hard*, just very stressful.

*satori moment* Waitasecond. Does AD save me from Annihilate or Flanking??

Sagara

Postby Worldie » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:05 am

it does from flanking, not sure about annihilate

Also Frustration: Tsulong heroic and RNG keeping us away from Sha :|
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Winkle » Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:55 am

Sagara wrote:*satori moment* Waitasecond. Does AD save me from Annihilate or Flanking??

It'll save you from both/either but then the boss might just melee you for your last 15% of hp anyway. Some tanks even eat an annihilate for vengeance.
Winkle

Postby Sagara » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:13 am

Well actually, it wouldn't be though to grab aggro, position Subetai wherever, pop AD, and keep the mouse above a fully-powered WoG if things go south.

Sagara

Postby Pruke » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:37 am

Sagara wrote:God, Spirit King H is a bitch - I'm stuck with positioning Subetai when he pops for his Volley, and between

the end of the Flanking Orders
the Annihilate
the half-random positioning of the raid group
the split second I get before Volley flies.

It really feels like "bored, bored, bored, OMAGADITSMYTURNFUCKDODGEFLANKINGFUCKNOWANNIHILATEOMGVOLLEYIN2!"

*twitch* Not good on the nerves.

Our 10 man started working on this tonight, we are one tanking it which does seem pretty doable. So I tank with my DK and we mark the floor so I can tell the raid where to move for flanking orders. Raid leader says, well for the next hour I expect we will just get used to you calling where to move (supposedly there is a learning curve). 3rd pull, I have the movements down and we get the 2nd boss to spawn with the 1st at 20%ish. I grab him during a flanking orders movement spin it all around and lock it down pretty as the flanking orders group moves past annihilate drops, I call for everyone to move left, 5 ppl explode.

I thought it was pretty funny, here I was supposed to be stressed making these calls, but I make them and they dont move. So as we end for the night, I casually mention to the raid leader in mumble, well it seems I know how to do my job, now you got to get the rest to listen LOL.
Pruke

PreviousNext

Return to General