Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Teranoid » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:44 am

The problem with rogues, at least in my experience, are basically centered around the fact that if you've played one for any feasible stretch of time you realize how antiquated the class is compared with others. Rogues have had very few playstyle changes in the life of this game and the introductions of monks as basically "a rogue but with actual interesting mechanics and the ability to fill multiple roles" basically killed the interest most people had in the rogue class. Hell I gave up on my rogue in Wrath because it felt like nothing ever changed. Classes were getting all sorts of reworks to their mechanics and new stuff and although they got new abilities they just felt so bland.

You know a class is dead in the water when you offer them their own shiny oranges that no other class can have and people still don't play them in any noticeable capacity.
Last edited by Teranoid on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Teranoid

Postby Flex » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:45 am

Klaudandus wrote:wow.joystiq.com/2012/10/10/encrypted-text-combo-points-chi-and-your-slow-rogue/

This might be why rogues are on decline...

The complaint I hear about monks from people who have leveled them is how boring the DPS spec is to play because of so few buttons and how many jabs you do. So to me the monk love that opened the column is just grass is greener navel gazing.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:47 am

Teranoid wrote:You know a class is dead in the water when you offer them their own shiny oranges that no other class can have and people still don't play them in any noticeable capacity.

Moreover, the population drops to worse levels than before they got the shiny oranges once those shiny oranges became obsolete.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:48 am

Flex wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:wow.joystiq.com/2012/10/10/encrypted-text-combo-points-chi-and-your-slow-rogue/

The complaint I hear about monks from people who have leveled them is how boring the DPS spec is to play because of so few buttons and how many jabs you do. So to me the monk love that opened the column is just grass is greener navel gazing.

Well, they did say Windwalker was really good once they got to lvl 90.

The monk rotation feels so fast. You've got something to fit into every single GCD. Once you have your full repertoire of abilities, you're going to be spamming keys like crazy.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:49 am

Klaudandus wrote:Well, they did say Windwalker was really good once they got to lvl 90.

Those complaints are from level 90 players and limited to Windwalker spec only.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:50 am

Ah~ Hmm... c'est la vie?
---
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:05 pm

In fact, I felt really capped on GCDs on my WW. There's just much that is available, and energy keeps capping, and chi is aleeady full - AAAAAAAAH!

Honestly, I'm enjoying my Assa Rogue (70ish) more because of the more controlled, deliberate approach to energy management.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby bldavis » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:07 pm

for me its more about the aesthetic of being a worgen
i mean think about it, something sneaks up on you, and even IF you hear it, instead of stabbing you in the back, they will just rip your face off instead
:D

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Arnock » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:52 pm

Spent well over an hour talking to apple support today, trying to find a way to prevent iOS from automatically downloading OS updates.

Two different levels of support staff told me that that "wasn't possible" because "iOS can't download updates like that," before someone finally asked an engineer and I was told that it was a feature and couldn't be disabled >.<
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby halabar » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:54 pm

So, spent Superbowl Sunday in urgent care and the ER, and today had my gall bladder carved out. At least the surgery was successful.

Topper: I finally bought a new TV on Saturday so I could watch the game. >.>
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:35 pm

RE: Rogues - I stopped playing mine when I was able to switch to a DK. I hated that after a certain point, soloing/duoing with a rogue became damn near impossible (duo friend was using a resto druid.) DKs allowed me to fill my desire to play a dual-wielding class that could tank and dps, while still being able to solo/duo. The only thing I missed about using a DK over a rogue was the loss of stealth. Sure, DKs didn't have the CC capabilities of a rogue, but that was largely moot during LK. Additionally, they've made enough changes to the rogue playstyle that I hated having to bounce between specs just to be competitive. All of the "fun" talents (for me) were in Subtlety, but Assassination was the dps spec (outside of HAT rogues for a while.) Combat was what I primarily played, because I didn't like being restricted to daggers either.

As for how a rogue currently plays? NFC... I barely got my rogue up to 83 during Cata, and he still sits there.

RE: Priests - I enjoy my priest, though I did notice during our last raid, I wasn't #1 dps in our group (even for multi-target.) That could just as easily be the fact I haven't logged in except to raid (so haven't even opened OSW dailies or completed the 3 factions I need to complete to be currently finished with MoP reps.) Half of my gear is still blue and despite that, I'm still within the top 3 most fights (granted... it's not "real" raiding, so we only have 5-6 dps.)

RE: Superbowl Monday* - I slept well.

*In Korea, it starts early Monday morning (I think around 8ish.) We did get the day off of work, so I can't complain.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby culhag » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:02 am

Arnock wrote:Spent well over an hour talking to apple support today, trying to find a way to prevent iOS from automatically downloading OS updates.

My iPhone always asked me if I wanted the updates. I didn't upgrade to iOS 6.0 until the Google Maps app was out.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:10 am

halabar wrote:So, spent Superbowl Sunday in urgent care and the ER, and today had my gall bladder carved out. At least the surgery was successful.

Topper: I finally bought a new TV on Saturday so I could watch the game. >.>

Ouch
---
Klaudandus

Postby econ21 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:51 am

I know nothing about monks, but that article exactly describes my frustration with my rogue alt. Years ago, when I watched my son playing a rogue, he was always frantically clicking his left mouse button. I thought that meant that rogues would be a fast paced "twitch" class, rather like - but more so - the old protection warrior that was my first alt. (Hence I stayed away from the class, being old and slow.)

Having leveled up a rogue, I was quickly disabused of that notion. My son recently explained he clicked frantically in the hope that one of those clicks would come at a time when his rogue actually had enough energy to do a special move - most of the clicks were redundant, he just wanted to minimise the downtime between his special moves.

I feel the class is energy starved. Most of the time, you don't even have the energy to spam your combo point builder (sinister strike or whatever). You have to sit and twiddle your thumbs. Or start clickly frantically, as I've started doing in imitation of my son. It's actually really slow paced - like watching water trickling into a jar.

I don't have much to compare it with, as it's my only dps character of not. But with tanks, the rage or HoPo etc are now nicely balanced - you could say generously balanced, so that we can keep using our basic abilities every GCD or so. (And when resources were not nicely balanced, it was awful - the rage starved prot warrior in a bad Zul Aman pull or the protadin who had to drink between pulls at some points in BC.) I only have one healer, but managing mana is fun - it requires some thought but is not punitive. Energy with rogues is just not fun. It gets better as you get more gear (haste) but still, I think Blizzard should be as generous with rogue energy as they are with tank resources or healer mana.
econ21

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:46 am

And from what i hear about the class from anne and alex comments is also that a bunch of the rogue damage comes from passive sources and that many of the abilities seem lackluster
---
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General