Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Sagara » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:20 pm

That's a bit of a stretch right there.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Worldie » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:23 pm

He said there's a relationship between class distribution and game balance. Which means they do nerf/buff classes when they are overplayed / less played. Like they put legendary daggers in DS to get more people to play rogue. Warlocks are the least played class, and they are the best dps class in game, makes sense.

Very sad.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:40 pm

Worldie wrote:He said there's a relationship between class distribution and game balance. Which means they do nerf/buff classes when they are overplayed / less played. Like they put legendary daggers in DS to get more people to play rogue. Warlocks are the least played class, and they are the best dps class in game, makes sense.

Very sad.

Or maybe the point is they look at numbers as a warning of balance issues? Representation helps them discern wtf is going on and act accordingly.

What would have them rather do? Delete the rogues and warlocks altogheter? Further, warlocks are on the nerf chopping block this time around... So much for that theory.

Sagara

Postby Sagara » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:45 pm

Addentum: GC also stated that balance influences representation, not the other way around. I know you're upset about the shadow priest, but grasping at strawmans isn't helping.

Sagara

Postby econ21 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:50 pm

Took my rogue alt through the full LFR for the first time. Died SO many times, I had yellow armor on the UI; haven't seen that in such a long while, I thought the graphic was from another game. Came second from bottom in the dps list for Terrace. Looted 16 bosses and Sha and used four coins all in one day. Got zero drops. I hate my rogue.
econ21

Postby theckhd » Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:56 pm

Worldie wrote:He said there's a relationship between class distribution and game balance. Which means they do nerf/buff classes when they are overplayed / less played. Like they put legendary daggers in DS to get more people to play rogue. Warlocks are the least played class, and they are the best dps class in game, makes sense.

Very sad.

No, you (incorrectly) inferred that he said that. What he actually said there is that there is a relationship with low representation and balance issues. Which is almost certainly true. Underpowered classes often lead to under-representation, so it's one of the warning signs.

What's sad is how far you seem to be willing to stretch things to trash Blizzard lately. It's a little disturbing.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Fetzie » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:10 pm

All I got from that was that people don't play underpowered classes. Thus the class gets buffed because it sucks, not because nobody plays it.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:32 pm

Wishing Sephiroth would just summon Meteor on NOLA as we speak...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:35 pm

I'm still wondering why someone plays a class they do nothing but bitch about.

But hey what do I know about masochistic play styles I'm just a filthy casual who doesn't do "real" raiding. :D
Teranoid

Postby bldavis » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:45 pm

Teranoid wrote:I'm still wondering why someone plays a class they do nothing but bitch about.

But hey what do I know about masochistic play styles I'm just a filthy casual who doesn't do "real" raiding. :D

i didnt know all you did was LFR :? :roll:

wanted to watch the super bowl, but that plan is gone to hell....

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Teranoid » Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:54 pm

No remember 10 man isn't "real raiding" either.
Teranoid

Postby bldavis » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:18 pm

Teranoid wrote:No remember 10 man isn't "real raiding" either.

only according to some...
though i am waiting for the ONLY HEROIC 25 MAN IS REAL RAIDING bs to start again
if thats the case, i am a few steps away from it with both guilds, i raid with 2 10 man normal guilds currently

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Worldie » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:39 am

Maybe I'm a bit too annoyed/frustrated.

I could use a hug.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sagara » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:00 am

I'd suggest talking your issues out. I'm aware that you have issues regarding the current and future situation of Shadow Priests. Can you point to a few key points that led to your irritation?

Also, don't worry about naysayers right now. We're talking about your issues, whether they are real or perceived is irrelevant for the moment.

Sagara

Postby Worldie » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:10 am

I believe I've spammed my issues out, a tiny bit of utility in the form of Hymn of Hope doesn't justify 30% less DPS. I feel useless in a heroic raid.
People have already pointed this out and complained on forums/twitter about the pvp nerfs that are going to affect the PvE, but developers don't seemb to care.

Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General