Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby twinkfist » Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:32 am

so, i check out the reborn bc blacksmithing weapons.

at least...as of this point...thunder/deep thunder/stormherald are agility weapons for bear and monk.

the drakefist hammer and up is a caster weapon.

wtf? i guess it just seems odd because as i could make the 2h mace in bc...it was best in slot for ret back then because of it's slow speed...up through the end of hyjal and then if you got cat's edge or the mace that i forget the name of in black temple...you couln't get anything better.

i know transmog doesn't matter...but it just seems off to me. oh well...at least i can finally get bloodmoon back...and my ele shaman will have the option of using drakefist for either casting or enhance.
twinkfist

Postby halabar » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:18 am

twinkfist wrote:so, i check out the reborn bc blacksmithing weapons.

at least...as of this point...thunder/deep thunder/stormherald are agility weapons for bear and monk.

the drakefist hammer and up is a caster weapon.

wtf? i guess it just seems odd because as i could make the 2h mace in bc...it was best in slot for ret back then because of it's slow speed...up through the end of hyjal and then if you got cat's edge or the mace that i forget the name of in black temple...you couln't get anything better.

i know transmog doesn't matter...but it just seems off to me. oh well...at least i can finally get bloodmoon back...and my ele shaman will have the option of using drakefist for either casting or enhance.

At least the patterns are back in game.

Side note: It appears they are adding 'catch up' patterns for BS, similar to the way cooking is now, so if you have a few thousand ghost iron laying around, you could level BS in an afternoon, without digging up all those old mats. If they keep doing this, I'll do LW on my hunter once they get around to that.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby twinkfist » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:26 am

saw that...like spoons and whatever else. it's actually a good idea. i have no desire to level my alchemy on my dk...or play my alt...but i don't feel like paying a billion gold for arcanite bars as i want to make sulfuras...so i at least have to do it up to that part as i got the recipe for 5 gold on the ah.

true...i could always go heals on my pally...except i've never healed and that would be an adventure i would not want to bring anyone with me...as they would die...many times over.

guess i'll just make the mace and have it as my transmog mace...that's actually if i learn the pattern...or sell it for some phat lootz as some people say.
twinkfist

Postby cdan » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:01 am

I made the Sulfuron Hammer last week after I got the drop to make the Hand of Ragnaros and thought why not. The only really expensive part was getting the blood of the Mountain. 700g each on my server (Aggramar, EU). I haven't seen any listed since I bought them all either and never got one to drop for me from kills or mining after about 10 MC runs.
cdan

Postby bldavis » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:53 pm

all i need now is more dark iron and stupid arcanite bars to make Sulfuron Hammer

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby twinkfist » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:21 pm

have enough dark iron to last me a life time. blood of the mountain...i have 8...refuse to buy 2 of them for almost 1000k gold. f that.

have 20 arcanite bars. will probably just power level my alchemy this weekend..get up to 275...go thorium mining for the ore and crystals...go to town and make the stupid mace.

the right binding is being a bitch for my warrior to acquire.
twinkfist

Postby cdan » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:15 pm

In Sithilus I got an arcanite crystal every 5th node and each circuit there was a continuous string of nodes. I don't think I did more than a couple of hours of mining to get the whole lot. I do have an alt that transmutes though so that helped. I highly recommend levelling alch on your alt and doing a couple of circuits.
It was far quicker to get 50 Arcanite bars than the 1 pair of Saltstone legplates that took me @%#%#%@ 4 hours of whomping ogres before switching to a cloth wearing alt and getting them to drop in the first 10 minutes.

(Obviously this is probably more a transmog conversation, but the grind for the legplates is the most frustrating thing I have ever done on Wow - that includes 40 person MC raids!)
cdan

Postby bldavis » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:20 pm

twinkfist wrote:have enough dark iron to last me a life time. blood of the mountain...i have 8...refuse to buy 2 of them for almost 1000k gold. f that.

have 20 arcanite bars. will probably just power level my alchemy this weekend..get up to 275...go thorium mining for the ore and crystals...go to town and make the stupid mace.

the right binding is being a bitch for my warrior to acquire.

bloods were a bitch to get, but between mining on 3 toons and going through the instance to clear just the trash that dropped them, i was able to get all of them in time
i just havent gotten back there to finish mining the stupid dark iron

as far as alch, i have one of each spec of alch now, and will def be using my transmute one for the bars
the only problem is getting the dam arcane crystals

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Fetzie » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:17 pm

I think I farmed over 2200 Thorium until I had enough Arcane Crystals for my Thunderfury (100 Arcanite).
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Sagara » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:20 pm

Well, Winterspring wasn't that bad, even before Cata. Did it in early LK though, so it might have been trickier in BC.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Fetzie » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:25 pm

Flying laps of Un'goro crater is faster.
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Sagara » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:34 pm

I liked WS more during LK, the mobs were a non-issue and there were lots of rich veins if you stuck to the east side
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby bldavis » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:00 pm

i normally use silithus

bldavis

Postby Fetzie » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:13 pm

bldavis wrote:i normally use silithus

Flying around the perimeter of the zone or also taking the tunnels? I found the tunnels to be a waste of time, they have 1-2 rich veins, but it takes so long to get to them.

Fetzie

Postby bldavis » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:49 pm

i hate going in the tunnels, which is part of the reason i dont use Un'Goro as most of those nodes are either in the slithid hive in the south, or the ape cave in the northeast

just flying circuits around the zone, avoiding caves if i can at all

bldavis

PreviousNext

Return to General