Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Hespherus » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:51 am

What comp do you use, how many kiters do you use, also order of the kiters, when do you pop hero, normal or HC? Number of stacks you take until you switch?
Hespherus

Postby Nooska » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:45 am

halabar wrote:
Flex wrote:Our healer who DPSed in mostly heal gear did similar and sometimes better DPS than a hunter.

OP disc that's getting nerfed? Disc would be more reliable on the sparks. Hunter looses a lot from pet movement on that fight.

Actually, pet moevement can easily be planned around - its more a matter of managing focus, for both hunter and pet (pulling the pet back between sparks so it starts with 120 (BM) focus for guaranteed double damage basic attacks really helps, I could easily do my own spark and assist on one of the other 2 on my side)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Nooska » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:47 am

CrimsonEyes wrote:But in seriousness, we've GOT the mechanics for Elegon now, tanks have the plan, can do the switch, can take the hits, and the dps know to switch, to clear stacks, and etc, and we're doing four stacks of the debuff each sparks phase, dps just aren't outputting enough pain.

Try doing 5 and 3 instead. Remember the sparks go faster, so the more sparks you can do the first time around, the more time you have to dps elegion (out of the spark phase) - also, the more sparks you do in the first go, the more increased damage you lod on him in the second P1 (pushing him faster down).

Changing from attempting 4/4 to 5/3 was what got us our first kill, and after we nailed it we could even get a kill on 5/2.
Main Characters:

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Mannstein » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:50 am

halabar wrote:
Mannstein wrote:No only we lost all the Core raiders... but also all my friends left to a newly created guild...)

Lolololololololol...... Guess what happened to my raid group sometime over the past week.....

So I'm in the middle of week 3 of a 3 week vacation, but have been logging in with the remote app occasionally to see what was going on. Strangely hadn't seen any of the core raid group on. So I did some searching on the armory and didnt see them in in guild. Finally found the majority of the on Illidan US horde side in Dysfunctional. There had been lots of griping lately about recruiting, and how weak the server was (Flex can vouch for that) but I hadn't heard of specific plans for a move. No, will not be following them.

So it looks like I'm looking for a new server and/or guild yet again.

Have hunter and spriest, will travel.

So i ended up following the guys...
Yesterday a 20raiders get chosen into a 10men raid... i get in as Retri for the Heart of Fear...
After 2HC bosses down and 2hour raid... i think "WTF am i doing here?"
I AM NOT A 10MEN RAIDER... i loath the feeling... I'm a 25men raider... 10men looks deserted and not enough caotic.. :S
Well, i'll give the officers a "heads up", if not i'll have to think about it.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby halabar » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:07 am

Nooska wrote:
halabar wrote:
Flex wrote:Our healer who DPSed in mostly heal gear did similar and sometimes better DPS than a hunter.

OP disc that's getting nerfed? Disc would be more reliable on the sparks. Hunter looses a lot from pet movement on that fight.

Actually, pet moevement can easily be planned around - its more a matter of managing focus, for both hunter and pet (pulling the pet back between sparks so it starts with 120 (BM) focus for guaranteed double damage basic attacks really helps, I could easily do my own spark and assist on one of the other 2 on my side)

Haven't done it on my hunter yet, but the guy in my ex raid group had been complaining about it, have only done it on my spriest. Hopefully I'll get the chance to do it on my hunter in the near future.

I was having issues with my spriest on the sparks until I just started with SW:P and Mind Spike for consistent damage to the sparks.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Nooska » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:10 am

It can be pretty grueling if you don't manage your pet as BM, since the "wild hunt" effect is absolutly great, and if you leave the pet on elegon you have a focus starved pet when it switches.

Some pets have trouble with teh floor though - I swithced to my hyane instead of my sporebat, as te flying pet was VERY slow to get off the platform when it was despawning (or despawned - pets don't fall to their deaths!), taking a lot of pillar dps time from me.

Edit: a BM hunter IS better left on Elegon full time during P1 unless you are pushing too fast - there is a lot of lost dps time in the pet switching from Ele to the protector - we usually left me and1 warlock on Elegon full time (10 man of course) and it would work well with getting him to 85% just before the 3rd protector spawned (back when we were working on getting a kill) - was a bit too fast a few times later, where we would push him before the 2nd protector was down, but with some time for the first draw power it wasn't actually a problem.
Main Characters:

Nooska

Postby Flex » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:17 am

halabar wrote:

Resto to Balance and every fight not just elegon.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby JoeBravo » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:33 am

Nooska wrote:It can be pretty grueling if you don't manage your pet as BM, since the "wild hunt" effect is absolutly great, and if you leave the pet on elegon you have a focus starved pet when it switches.

Some pets have trouble with teh floor though - I swithced to my hyane instead of my sporebat, as te flying pet was VERY slow to get off the platform when it was despawning (or despawned - pets don't fall to their deaths!), taking a lot of pillar dps time from me.

Edit: a BM hunter IS better left on Elegon full time during P1 unless you are pushing too fast - there is a lot of lost dps time in the pet switching from Ele to the protector - we usually left me and1 warlock on Elegon full time (10 man of course) and it would work well with getting him to 85% just before the 3rd protector spawned (back when we were working on getting a kill) - was a bit too fast a few times later, where we would push him before the 2nd protector was down, but with some time for the first draw power it wasn't actually a problem.

I could be wrong, but I think most players use their pet as a 'fire and forget' kind of tool. The benefit of micromanaging is completely lost on them.
(the amount of despawning pets in LFR on that encounter tells a tale in that regard)

For Elegon I can imagine putting your pet on passive, tell it to attack elegon and the hunter helping out on the protector if needed. HM glyph usefullness could be dodgy then, but you won't lose dps due to travel then.
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby Shoju » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:51 am

The Finale of American Horror Story Asylum. It just wasn't as good as I was hoping. I didn't like the way the stories were wrapped up really.

The kids were missing from the episode. They were mentioned, but that was it. It felt... tagged on.
Kit was interesting, but man... the guy could just never seem to catch a break.
Jude had the happiest ending, which I guess was ok, but just not expected.
Lana.... Oh god. I hated that ending. Let's reinforce that as long as you are a strong independent woman, you can break your promises, be a vulture, lie to the public, and it's ok because you'll outlive everyone else, and get away with murder. literally.

I'm all for strong independent female characters, but she was just a snippy bitch, who at times I wanted to see die.
Shoju

Postby Nooska » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:35 am

@Joe, indeed, however, since in a 10 you usually want to keep at least 1 person (maybe 2) on Elegon to keep pushing, a BM is great for that as we can't transfer our main nuke to the protector anyway.

Btw, re the rotation/priority talk, I've written it up on EJ and wowhead now - I apparently forgot all about writing something up on rotation.
Main Characters:

Nooska

Postby Jabari » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:43 am

Nooska wrote:Btw, re the rotation/priority talk, I've written it up on EJ and wowhead now - I apparently forgot all about writing something up on rotation.

Sweet!

Mind pasting it into the "other specs" thread here as well so I can take a look?
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Arkesh » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:32 pm

With Chardev not working (can't import/create chars), Rawr not working for Windwalkers (no stat weights, totals etc), WoWReforge getting it's calculations wrong all over the place (tried three different sims and none of them took me to the caps) and not being able to implement a 3rd cap for ReforgeLite I'm battling a constant headache. What with trying to balance Hit, Exp and Haste caps on my monk. If I wasn't enjoying playing my monk so much I think I'd give up trying to optimise my gear.

Oh and I've still to get my hands on a cloak, still using the Justice one. Currently saving some Valor for upgrades if I can get something decent within the next week, otherwise I'll have to drop the Valor on the cloak.
Arkesh

Postby halabar » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:31 pm

JoeBravo wrote:
Nooska wrote:It can be pretty grueling if you don't manage your pet as BM, since the "wild hunt" effect is absolutly great, and if you leave the pet on elegon you have a focus starved pet when it switches.

I could be wrong, but I think most players use their pet as a 'fire and forget' kind of tool. The benefit of micromanaging is completely lost on them.
(the amount of despawning pets in LFR on that encounter tells a tale in that regard)

For Elegon I can imagine putting your pet on passive, tell it to attack elegon and the hunter helping out on the protector if needed. HM glyph usefullness could be dodgy then, but you won't lose dps due to travel then.

I miss the old pet system where that worked out a lot better. Was a lot easier to keep the pet on the target you wanted it on, and then have it jump to your current target.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Sagara » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:50 am

I dared look elsewhere than maintankadin about the discussion about Haste.
The amount of sky-is-fallingness... *shudders*
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Fetzie » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:47 am

Sagara wrote:I dared look elsewhere than maintankadin about the discussion about Haste.
The amount of sky-is-fallingness... *shudders*

The thread on MMO-C isn't as sky-fallingness as some discussions on this forum :)
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

PreviousNext

Return to General