Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby bldavis » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:00 pm

i give it 2 weeks til pvp whines pile up and hey nerf it to the GROUND!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:08 pm

Did they buff frost to make it "the best" or just nerf the other two to the point that frost won by default? If it's the former, then I'd agree, if it's the latter, then people will bitch just to bitch, but probably have no basis behind it.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:46 am

Frost's been strong since MoP launch. Fire has been ahead recently, hence the nerfs, I think. GC pointed out in the interview that came out this week: When they nerfed Fire, Frost and Arcane jumped up in rankings, not because they'd changed but because players swapped.

Frost doesn't have the PvP issues against being good dps any more, bldavis. They fixed that by baselining Shatter and Deep Freeze, and making some of the freeze stuff exclusive talents - all Mage specs are now balanced around the stuff that used to make Frost the default PvP spec.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby bldavis » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:24 am

the person with the most fucked up relationship(s) is the one everyone turns to for relationship advicee

i seriously need to stop being on fb at 2 am

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby bldavis » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:27 am

the person with the most fucked up relationship(s) is the one everyone turns to for relationship advicee

bldavis

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:24 am

Nooska wrote:Elegon.

I like that it is a DPS check.
I like that it is an execution check.
I like that there is a tank challenge (protectors).
I like that there is a phase where you really need to dump.

But I don't like all of it together - too many points of failure, and with a group that isn't world first, and, without offending anyone in it I hope, not quite as good as when we did DS - it just seems too tightly tuned.

Also, I want a tank! (as in, an actual tank, instead of a dps tanking with Sag).

I am soo tempted to gear up my DK and tank - but that will just shift the problem to lack of DPS. I hate the first tier of an expansion, too many guilds vying for the raiders - and eventually at least 50% of them don't go through the second tier of an expansion - we just can't really wait for that.
(Also, I still don't really want to take a tank spot due to my inherent priority as a raid leader - and I've never actually tanked as a DK before, though the same was true as a druid tank in BC and as a tankadin in Cata.)
Gaah - I'll probably end up tanking anyway - maybe I should just do it and get it over with - dps should be easier to recruit... I hope...)

(Btw, if anyone is looking for a new home....)

I feel your frustration. On top of that, people seem to have no loyalties first tier cause they all want to pretend their 'world quality' players. Just lost 4 people in my new guild because we weren't progressing fast enough for them despite already having attendance issues.

/sigh...I think I'm about done...
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Nooska » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:22 am

Sagara wrote:YAY! I don't think I ever played with an above-average tank in the past... Gonna be fun :)

I appreciate the vote of confidence - never ever tanked on the DK befiore, did I mention that?
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby samsara » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:23 am

Heroic Spirit Kings ...

4th... try phase 4 ...

WOL

1. Player is hunter: check
2. Player is not on his smartest day: check
3. Player uses a spell he shouldn't use the whole fight: check
4. Player uses a spell at the worst possible situation one can imagine: check
5. Player just want to watch the world burn: check

Where Dragonhorn = Hunter and "Frostfalle" = "Frosttrap"

so 90% of the raid where killed by not able to move out and got hit be "flank orders"

this wasn't the big frustration ... it was morefrustrating that we needed another 13 trys to kill the boss because of just stupid brainfucks the whole evening :<
samsara

Postby Sagara » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:33 am

Nooska wrote:
Sagara wrote:YAY! I don't think I ever played with an above-average tank in the past... Gonna be fun :)

I appreciate the vote of confidence - never ever tanked on the DK befiore, did I mention that?

If you've read more than 1 article on DK tanking in MoP, you're already better than ANYONE I tanked non-LFR content with. Maybe one exception, but the tank was his alt.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:45 am

samsara wrote:Heroic Spirit Kings ...

4th... try phase 4 ...

WOL

1. Player is hunter: check
2. Player is not on his smartest day: check
3. Player uses a spell he shouldn't use the whole fight: check
4. Player uses a spell at the worst possible situation one can imagine: check
5. Player just want to watch the world burn: check

Where Dragonhorn = Hunter and "Frostfalle" = "Frosttrap"

so 90% of the raid where killed by not able to move out and got hit be "flank orders"

this wasn't the big frustration ... it was morefrustrating that we needed another 13 trys to kill the boss because of just stupid brainfucks the whole evening :<

Ouch. I do find it weird how SV Hunters are now using Frost Trap all the time on bosses for procs. Clunky design. But using it on that part of that fight, ugh.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Mannstein » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:16 am

bldavis wrote:the person with the most fucked up relationship(s) is the one everyone turns to for relationship advicee

Another thing is stop doble-posting... :P

Now in seriousness, don't take this that way, probably they see you as a stable person... The best advice i have been given were from people that have never followed it...
It's easier to be watching from the side line and give 5star advices... it's the ability to give yourself 5stars while in the game or follow your own advices that's the hard part...

Cheers
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby bldavis » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:52 am

Mannstein wrote:
bldavis wrote:the person with the most fucked up relationship(s) is the one everyone turns to for relationship advicee

Another thing is stop doble-posting... :P

Now in seriousness, don't take this that way, probably they see you as a stable person... The best advice i have been given were from people that have never followed it...
It's easier to be watching from the side line and give 5star advices... it's the ability to give yourself 5stars while in the game or follow your own advices that's the hard part...

Cheers

sorry about the double posts, sometimes it happens without my knowledge :(

the thing i dont get is most of these people knew mejust after my divorce and have been friends of mine through all the bullshit i have had thrown at me...so how am i stable, other than being older than.. :shock: is it really that simple?
they ask me cause i am an old fart compared to them? :?

bldavis

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:14 am

Maybe they know that you know when to fold 'em...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby theckhd » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:49 am

bldavis wrote:sorry about the double posts, sometimes it happens without my knowledge :(

the thing i dont get is most of these people knew mejust after my divorce and have been friends of mine through all the bullshit i have had thrown at me...so how am i stable, other than being older than.. :shock: is it really that simple?
they ask me cause i am an old fart compared to them? :?

You're not stable. You're the train wreck. That's why they go to you - not because you've got a demonstrated track record for success, but because you've learned from your failures.

That sounds a little harsh, but it's not meant to be a criticism. We learn as much (and often more) from screwing up than we ever do by getting lucky and succeeding. I'd much rather take relationship advice from the person who had a string of bad marriages but was able to clearly explain why they all failed than the person who got lucky and stumbled into a perfect relationship. The former can tell me what to watch for and avoid, and what mistakes not to make. The latter is unlikely to have any useful advice.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby bldavis » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:16 am

that makes sense...
at least all the shit i have gone through might help someone

bldavis

PreviousNext

Return to General