Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby benebarba » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:03 pm

Klaudandus wrote:
Q:Just wondering, what was the reasoning behind making Avenger's Shield only Silence the primary target?
A:Multi Silence is very good and you don't often need to pull many casters (and still can with LoS).

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status ... 1752219648


Read: "Warriors were complaining and rather than give them your ability, we're just going to make yours slightly less awesome."

:P

I also predict more groups of casters.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Shoju » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:14 pm

halabar wrote:
Shoju wrote:That ranks right up there with his claim that there are plenty of alternatives to Valor Gear. Actually paying attention to wow since 5.1 patch notes started appearing, and brawler's guild made my ears stand on end has done more to make sure I'm not coming back than anything else.


Why would Brawler's guild effect your gameplay?



Soloing... It's what I do (did). I may not have been Raegwynn or Mionelol and all cutting edge World First, but I held my own with. Brawler's Guild was really what started my interest in playing again. I even had a <Lurkers> member or two tell me that they would front me the gold for a Brawler's Guild Invite to get me to come back to play.

I think the misunderstanding came from my failing of a second comma.

Let's try again. That ranks up there with his claim that there are plenty of alternatives to Valor Gear. Actually paying attention to WoW since 5.1 Patch note started appearing, and brawler's guild made my ears stand on end (as in... getting my attention), has done more to make sure I'm not coming back than anything else.

For all the positives I found in Brawler's Guild (the idea of a community based on "hard" solo play in a PVE setting), the negatives surrounding the way they are dealing with Valor Points, the mess of ilvls at max level, and other points I have seen just makes me not interested in coming back. By the time I would feel like I'm in a place where I could "seriously" get back into raiding, and being a part of Brawler's Guild, 5.2 would be dropping, and I'd be behind the times again.

As a former player, I look at WotLK and Cata and enjoy the "LOLMODE" Badge/Emblem/JP/VP gearing than the TBC/MoP style gearing. Hell, Even TBC looks more enjoyable for gear than MoP does.

I look at the rep / Valor / gear and see it as the biggest blow to a casual play base that Blizzard has done since TBC. They had taken monumental steps forward, and I feel that they have undone it with the rep gating of MoP.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 6355
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:12 pm

Shoju wrote:I think the misunderstanding came from my failing of a second comma.


Ahh... I thought that would have been up your alley.

Regarding the valor though, despite their stupid stance on getting people to play daily, it actually will be better in 5.1 with the addition of the rep bonus (if you even need it), and the valor upgrades.

The best thing is that there is something to do with valor after you're done with the poorly itemized valor gear, the bad thing is that means there will still be pressure to cap valor, but, you will be able to do it through LFR and heroics instead of inane dailies.

They seem set on not going back to the 7 heroics in one week, that's annoying.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Shoju » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:29 pm

halabar wrote:
Shoju wrote:I think the misunderstanding came from my failing of a second comma.


Ahh... I thought that would have been up your alley.

Regarding the valor though, despite their stupid stance on getting people to play daily, it actually will be better in 5.1 with the addition of the rep bonus (if you even need it), and the valor upgrades.

The best thing is that there is something to do with valor after you're done with the poorly itemized valor gear, the bad thing is that means there will still be pressure to cap valor, but, you will be able to do it through LFR and heroics instead of inane dailies.

They seem set on not going back to the 7 heroics in one week, that's annoying.


Yes. Brawler's Guild is right up my alley.

But a daily bonus again instead of weekly, the dailies to get the rep gear, and their head in the sands constant stream of blue text saying "This works this works, this is ok" just leaves me undeniably uninterested.

That, coupled with a freaking sweet deal I just made to get one of these leaves me little incentive to want to play again.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 6355
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:48 pm

Frustration: My favorite Levi's styles all come with that damn Spandex in them now. Time to switch to Lee or Wrangler... sigh.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Shoju » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:03 pm

I wear Wrangler Loose Straight. It's the only jeans that don't make me feel gross for wearing them.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 6355
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:16 pm

On the valor topic...

Realized today that my hunter is at 2750 Valor, and only 1/2 the way through friendly with GL, which means if I run anymore LFRs for gear and lols, I'll be wasting Valor since you can't buy ANY valor gear without being at least GL honored...

(if 5.1 drops soon, it won't be as much of an issue, since I do have gear that's worth ilvl upgrading, but if they hold off a few weeks it will suck)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby bldavis » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:49 pm

halabar wrote:On the valor topic...

Realized today that my hunter is at 2750 Valor, and only 1/2 the way through friendly with GL, which means if I run anymore LFRs for gear and lols, I'll be wasting Valor since you can't buy ANY valor gear without being at least GL honored...

(if 5.1 drops soon, it won't be as much of an issue, since I do have gear that's worth ilvl upgrading, but if they hold off a few weeks it will suck)

so you are saying you could use other ways of gaining rep...:roll:
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7363
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:38 pm

bldavis wrote:
halabar wrote:On the valor topic...

Realized today that my hunter is at 2750 Valor, and only 1/2 the way through friendly with GL, which means if I run anymore LFRs for gear and lols, I'll be wasting Valor since you can't buy ANY valor gear without being at least GL honored...

(if 5.1 drops soon, it won't be as much of an issue, since I do have gear that's worth ilvl upgrading, but if they hold off a few weeks it will suck)

so you are saying you could use other ways of gaining rep...:roll:


Really now...

What I'm actually saying is that I would like other things to spend valor on, or a higher cap. I still don't have much interest in rep grinding on a non-raiding alt for mostly poorly itemized rep gear. Once 5.1 drops that will be solved.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby bldavis » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:43 pm

if you have factions that are still locking gear, you COULD use other ways to get rep w/o capping valor
i wasnt saying you would :)
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7363
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:39 pm

bldavis wrote:if you have factions that are still locking gear, you COULD use other ways to get rep w/o capping valor
i wasnt saying you would :)


Yep, for non-raiding (currently) alts, I think it's quite justifiable to never mess with the reps unless they have profession patterns that the toon needs. Otherwise, LFR is likely the better way to go.

On my two alts for now, the only rep they'll get will be a by-product grinding for bonus tokens if I feel like it.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Teranoid » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:03 am

Not being able to do actual raiding due to my work schedule has almost killed my interest in this game.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Fenrìr » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:34 am

So no good sites to really mess around with gearing strats...Chardev doesn't have buffs and is missing the DMF trinket...Rawr is showing my stats to be lower than they are in game...and AMR...never did like the site due to how varying the results can be with a simple change to a stat.
Image
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1237
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:41 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Nooska » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:41 am

Losing a healer - even though we knew it was coming and more than likely, and the result of us saying no to remaning on trial with us, while trying out in another raidgroup (is that acceptable anywhere?) - yeah we've planned ahead for it, but its still frustrating.

Also, where the heck did all our dps go? well dps is hopefully less of an issue finding than healers and tanks (though I am liking blood, I still don't want to take a tank spot as RL)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1511
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Newsom » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:47 am

Fenrìr wrote:So no good sites to really mess around with gearing strats...Chardev doesn't have buffs and is missing the DMF trinket...Rawr is showing my stats to be lower than they are in game...and AMR...never did like the site due to how varying the results can be with a simple change to a stat.


Having the same problem atm, though I haven't really had any huge problems with Rawr other than it takes ages to actually use it. It shows expertise and hit values correctly at least. I wish Chardev would just update their item database (it was usable when only the DMF trinket was missing, but now like 5 items are missing.) :(
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
User avatar
Newsom
 
Posts: 822
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:34 am
Location: Sweden

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest
?php } else { ?