Page 1088 of 1319

Re: Post your Frustrations.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:07 am
by Levantine
valura wrote:I had no reason to curse after the healer ninja'ed the tanking boots, coz healers always get priority over the rest.


I'd feel bad about taking whatever the fuck I want when I heal, but shitbag tanks and dps have killed any sense of honour I had in pug heroics. If I want it, I'm damn fucking well going to need. You guys very much so have yourself to blame (at least in the general sense of 'tanks in lfg'); back in Wrath and early Cata I was firmly in the 'Don't Need Over Running Specs' camp.

Re: Post your Frustrations.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:12 am
by Worldie
Sagara wrote:Hey Worldie, care to combine our efforts to find a new place to live?

That can't happen I'm alliance and only play on PvE servers :P

Re: Post your Frustrations.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:13 am
by valura
Levantine wrote:
valura wrote:I had no reason to curse after the healer ninja'ed the tanking boots, coz healers always get priority over the rest.


I'd feel bad about taking whatever the fuck I want when I heal, but shitbag tanks and dps have killed any sense of honour I had in pug heroics. If I want it, I'm damn fucking well going to need. You guys very much so have yourself to blame (at least in the general sense of 'tanks in lfg'); back in Wrath and early Cata I was firmly in the 'Don't Need Over Running Specs' camp.

Hmm. Have I just been categorized with the shitbag tanks? :shock:
I pretty much feel offended, but if I have missed the memo on this, I will adapt as needed, and start behaving according to the stigma that has been cast upon me, and start needing on everything I can need on...
Thanks for pointing that out to me, Levantine.

Re: Post your Frustrations.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:16 am
by Sagara
Worldie wrote:
Sagara wrote:Hey Worldie, care to combine our efforts to find a new place to live?

That can't happen I'm alliance and only play on PvE servers :P


Come to the Horde, we have cookies! (And PvE servers)

Re: Post your Frustrations.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:21 am
by Worldie
Going horde would cost me 250 extra bucks which I'd rather save, sowwy :>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:22 am
by Klaudandus
valura wrote:
Levantine wrote:
valura wrote:I had no reason to curse after the healer ninja'ed the tanking boots, coz healers always get priority over the rest.


I'd feel bad about taking whatever the fuck I want when I heal, but shitbag tanks and dps have killed any sense of honour I had in pug heroics. If I want it, I'm damn fucking well going to need. You guys very much so have yourself to blame (at least in the general sense of 'tanks in lfg'); back in Wrath and early Cata I was firmly in the 'Don't Need Over Running Specs' camp.

Hmm. Have I just been categorized with the shitbag tanks? :shock:
I pretty much feel offended, but if I have missed the memo on this, I will adapt as needed, and start behaving according to the stigma that has been cast upon me, and start needing on everything I can need on...
Thanks for pointing that out to me, Levantine.


I dont think lev is talking bout you...

Re: Post your Frustrations.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:22 am
by Levantine
I like it when people put words into my mouth. I was obviously referring to you as a shitbag tank and most assuredly not making a general statement about the lfg pool.

And go for it, I already assume I'm going to get fucked over by every random I see when I pug. Whether or not you were part of the group that gave pug tanks the reputation is irrelevant to the attitude it creates. For every dps or healer that takes a piece of tank gear I can guarantee there is a tank taking healing and dps gear and defending it with the "I R TANK LUL I R MOOOOOOOST IMPORTANT LOOK AT MAH EGOOOOOOOOOOOOOO U ALL DIRT LUL" to boot. The self righteousness the tanking role attracts soured my opinion of tanks I don't know from the forum or my guilds over the years (and some I do know from those places) quite dramatically.

Re: Post your Frustrations.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:31 am
by valura
Klaudandus wrote:I dont think lev is talking bout you...

I know, Klaudandus, I know...
/slap myself

Levantine wrote:I like it when people put words into my mouth. I was obviously referring to you as a shitbag tank and most assuredly not making a general statement about the lfg pool.

And go for it, I already assume I'm going to get fucked over by every random I see when I pug. Whether or not you were part of the group that gave pug tanks the reputation is irrelevant to the attitude it creates. For every dps or healer that takes a piece of tank gear I can guarantee there is a tank taking healing and dps gear.

I'm sorry, Levantine, I read your line about shitbag tanks and all of a sudden I was reliving the horror of last night...

I knwo you weren't calling me a shitbag tank, and I didn't mean to put words in your mouth. Frustration tends to bring out the worst in me, and diplomacy has never been my forte...

Re: Post your Frustrations.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:40 am
by benebarba
Levantine wrote:I like it when people put words into my mouth. I was obviously referring to you as a shitbag tank and most assuredly not making a general statement about the lfg pool.

And go for it, I already assume I'm going to get fucked over by every random I see when I pug. Whether or not you were part of the group that gave pug tanks the reputation is irrelevant to the attitude it creates. For every dps or healer that takes a piece of tank gear I can guarantee there is a tank taking healing and dps gear and defending it with the "I R TANK LUL I R MOOOOOOOST IMPORTANT LOOK AT MAH EGOOOOOOOOOOOOOO U ALL DIRT LUL" to boot. The self righteousness the tanking role attracts soured my opinion of tanks I don't know from the forum or my guilds over the years (and some I do know from those places) quite dramatically.


After doing some heroics on a DPS alt instead of my tank, I decided I'd never do that to my guildies again. At least when I run I can guarantee them a tank that's not an ass, will listen, and is at least somewhat competent.

Sadly, the douche DPS (and to a lesser extent, Healers) I ran into over the last few years finally added up to me not wanting to bother to add myself regularly to the LFD pool.

Re: Post your Frustrations.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:43 am
by Nooska
I actuallly like the new loot window, I just have that up and wait with rolling, if noone is being an ass I greedroll things like lockboxes etc. If someone is being an ass, I call them out (mostly lfr) and state that I'll needroll as well then - no reason to give them stuff for free whiel avoiding being the ass myself (if someone else already needrolled, nooe that greeded will get the item anyway)

Re: Post your Frustrations.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:50 am
by JoeBravo
aaaand there goes the second guildie and former fellow raider.
meh.

Re: Post your Frustrations.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:54 am
by halabar
Speaking of shitbag tanks, the guy yesterday that wasted 10 minutes and some repair bills attempting to skip trash in a heroic when he has two dps doing 70k+ on trash packs (my shammy still is weak at solo, 30kish on a good day, but chain lightning will top 100k on a good day)... doubly so because the main reason I'm there is in hopes that the JC patterns drop from the trash.

Re: Post your Frustrations.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:30 pm
by twinkfist
can't use armageddon for transmog because i have two blue weapons...gravetouch and mograines might. mograines might is better for ret...so right now...i can't use that enormous freaking sword as my transmog.

second...we can't down elegon. dps starts fine...but we take forever after the initial burst and we get about a million freaking protectors because getting elegon to 85% is painful.

hopefully the new strat of leaving the melee on elegon and just having ranged light up the protector helps with that issue.

all the progressions are fine...but we now hit enrage.

also...looking forward to him so i can have my extra roll be for gold or the gloves on elegon (first 2h sword goes to the dk tank).

frustrated with bad rogue and fury warrior dps. this dude be smoking me..hopefully in the execute phase he shows his worth.

Re: Post your Frustrations.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:09 pm
by masterpoobaa
Im leveling another Paladin for LuLs/Boredom/Farming Purposes.
They make great skinners!

Anyway early on I found out that with the sucession of exp and dungeon nerfs, massive survivability, self healing, heirloom gear and a good Protection Paladin I can now solo dungeons of equial level to me.

After a terribad ramps run I decided "Screw LFD" and went back in and solo'ed it. A couple of groups/pulls were slightly tricky healing wise, but mostly it was pretty straight forward, rockin groups with 50-100% Vengeance, doing it almost as fast as a normal LFD run and getting SHEDLOADS of exp.

After the solo Ramps run I was 61. After a solo of BF + BF quests I hit 62.
Solo'ed SP & UB and hit 65.
Wandered off to Nagrand to solo ring of blood for another level.
Did some random stuff till 67, then I went farming the Spider/Crocolisk/Panther trash in the Black Morass for a couple of levels. Knothide leather sells well on my server, and I found I could pull up to 18 mobs at once (Using Seal of Righteousness) and up to 25-ish using SoL. (BM trash is 67-68).

69-70 I solo'ed most of Botanica till I dinged, then finally ran another LFG run in UK.
Also did another Solo of Nexus to make sure that LK dungeons were just as easy :)

Who really needs leveling LFD? :)

Re: Post your Frustrations.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:18 pm
by Klaudandus
I keep missing Sulikshor... sometimes by seconds...

Re: Post your Frustrations.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:52 pm
by halabar
Screw whatever script from add servers or such is making these forums run like a 76 Tercel.

Re: Post your Frustrations.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:34 pm
by bldavis
@masterpoobaa
the only perk is the bonus XP and JP you get

Re: Post your Frustrations.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:12 pm
by Nikachelle
The same ass who gave me two days notice to replace his raid spot in T11 content, has done it again... this time with his healer.

I'm so done with them. They're never raiding with us again.

Re: Post your Frustrations.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:55 pm
by Rhiannon
Sounds exciting, anyone I know?

Re: Post your Frustrations.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:15 pm
by Nikachelle
Rhiannon wrote:Sounds exciting, anyone I know?

I don't think so, considering you're the tank who replaced him back then! (Any chance you want to level a healer and start a trend? :D )

Re: Post your Frustrations.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:27 pm
by Rhiannon
Hah, no thanks!

Re: Post your Frustrations.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:27 pm
by Nikachelle
Rhiannon wrote:Hah, no thanks!

Damnit!

Re: Post your Frustrations.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:20 am
by bldavis
discussing gun ownership rights on guild forums and someone put this gem
We saw it in say WW1 where people let themselves be slaughtered by the 10 thousands when they attacked the enemy lines; somehow most people think ***it is true death rate is 90% but i will for sure be among the 10% who survive****.

(emphasis mine)

i wasnt aware that the millions of soldiers on both side of the trenches in WWI were all volunteers to go up and over....
this just makes my brain hurt...

Re: Post your Frustrations.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:03 am
by econ21
bldavis wrote:i wasnt aware that the millions of soldiers on both side of the trenches in WWI were all volunteers to go up and over....
this just makes my brain hurt...


I'm not quite sure what your point is here, but it is remarkable if not that different from war throughout the ages (the Napoleonic and American Civil wars both saw battles with similar casualty rates to WW1, often with volunteer forces). The UK only introduced conscription in 1916, after both our pre-war regulars and swathes of volunteers had been cut down. Why did people volunteer? Partly, people did not appreciate the risk of enlisting - they thought it would all be over by Christmas and Europe was certainly less gung-ho about war when it came to being asked to repeat the experience with WW2. Partly, having enrolled, you did not really volunteer to go up and over - you could be shot by your own side if you declined. And no doubt what the poster said about thinking bad stuff will happen to the other guy not you was close to a psychological necessity. But it does make one's brain hurt - Einstein's declaration "the whole world has gone mad" is my favorite commentary on WW1.

Re: Post your Frustrations.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:11 am
by Nordix
Guildmate in my CM group keeps messing up over and over and over again to stupid bullshit.
I only got Shadopan and Brewery left,and did days of tries on shadopan,yet he keeps messing up due to heavy offtopic engagements on skype isntaed of focusing.
I kicked him from my CM group and now I'M the dickhead of the universe for doing so.He is also a raider and does the same during progression (Which also contributed to our shit world position)

THere is only so much rustle I can take before I get mad.