Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Fetzie » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:03 am

These are the items without Critical Strike (i.e. tanking gear) from LFR:

Mogushan Vaults: http://www.wowhead.com/items?filter=max ... rv=0:0:0:0
Heart of Fear: http://www.wowhead.com/items?filter=max ... rv=0:0:0:0
Terrace of endless Spring: http://www.wowhead.com/items?filter=max ... rv=0:0:0:0

Does that help for Prot Paladins?

I sign up for LFR as retribution so that I get the chance for haste pieces (although I respec to prot for garalon, makes kiting easier when you have over 500k life).

I can also confirm that you DO get different stuff if you respec before using your coin. On Tuesday our warrior, who goes DPS on single-tank fights, respecced to protection after killing the boss as fury and got the shield on his bonus roll.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Sagara » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:12 am

Pyrea wrote:These are the items without Critical Strike (i.e. tanking gear) from LFR:

Mogushan Vaults: http://www.wowhead.com/items?filter=max ... rv=0:0:0:0
Heart of Fear: http://www.wowhead.com/items?filter=max ... rv=0:0:0:0
Terrace of endless Spring: http://www.wowhead.com/items?filter=max ... rv=0:0:0:0

Does that help for Prot Paladins?

I sign up for LFR as retribution so that I get the chance for haste pieces (although I respec to prot for garalon, makes kiting easier when you have over 500k life).

I can also confirm that you DO get different stuff if you respec before using your coin. On Tuesday our warrior, who goes DPS on single-tank fights, respecced to protection after killing the boss as fury and got the shield on his bonus roll.

Thanks, but that wasn't exactly what I was looking for :)
What I meant are pieces that the game considers "Prot Paladin loot" vs. "Ret Paladin loot" for LFR purposes. In the Raid Journal, you can filter up the loot list per class/spec, and I'm pretty sure this represents the potential drops from which the game picks a boss' loot. But this information is only available in-game AFAIK.

The idea is: I'm aware the game hands different loot for Ret and Prot spec, so I want to know how I should spec per boss, and ideally even optimise drop utility. Still, thanks for the tip about pre-coin toss respec. Might just come in handy...
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:27 am

So found a guild that is in rebuilding phase after taking a break in Cata. My fellow tank loves his dodge/parry...admitted to keyboard turning and uses zero (yes...ZERO) addons.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:27 am

Rule of thumb that seems to hold up after looking through the loot lists: If the item has crit and/or haste on it, it is ret specific in LFR.
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby JoeBravo » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:30 am

Pyrea wrote:Rule of thumb that seems to hold up after looking through the loot lists: If the item has crit and/or haste on it, it is ret specific in LFR.

then the question remains: where do hit/exp+mastery items fit in?
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby lythac » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:36 am

JoeBravo wrote:
Pyrea wrote:Rule of thumb that seems to hold up after looking through the loot lists: If the item has crit and/or haste on it, it is ret specific in LFR.

They would be tagged as both Prot and Ret.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:38 am

JoeBravo wrote:

Had my warrior dps buddy get the 1h weap from Elegon in LFR. I'm yet to see a tank get it though.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:42 am

lythac wrote:
JoeBravo wrote:

They would be tagged as both Prot and Ret.

Yep.

Basically:

Hit and expertise: Prot and Ret
Hit/expertise and mastery : Prot and Ret
Hit/expertise and haste/crit: Ret only
Hit/expertise and dodge/parry: Prot only
Dodge/parry and mastery: Prot only

So if you want Haste, mastery, hit, expertise, you are better off rolling as Retribution. Which I think is stupid.

Had my warrior dps buddy get the 1h weap from Elegon in LFR. I'm yet to see a tank get it though.

That is because the 1h weapon from Elegon is both for Fury (Single-Minded Fury) and Protection, same goes for the Sha-Touched 1h sword.

Fetzie

Postby Sagara » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:44 am

Great! Now I can get started on the math. Thanks all!
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby jere » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:00 am

Fenrìr wrote:Had my warrior dps buddy get the 1h weap from Elegon in LFR. I'm yet to see a tank get it though.

I got it this last Tuesday in LFR. I had to retransmog my gear into T5 so I would have something close to the graphic (not a perfect fit, but looks better than other sets I have with the axe)
jere

Postby valura » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:58 am

According to the craplock and huntard in last nights Shado-Pan Monastery (normal) run I am a lying sack of shit that doesn't know anything about the game, I don't know how to tank, and I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about.

The following statements of my part were the cause for the abovementioned outrage:
I called the huntard a slacker for doing only 7k avg DPS.
I called the huntard out for using a bear in tank spec with growl on, coz appearently pets sometimes wander of and pull groups far away even without growl or without being instructed to do so.
I called the huntard and the craplock out for standing in the purple zones and the skull ring on the last boss, since everybody knows those are very difficult to notice and almost impossible to avoid dying from.
I had no reason to curse after the healer ninja'ed the tanking boots, coz healers always get priority over the rest.
After wiping 3 times on the last boss, I had no reason to be angry at them (the craplock and huntard), even tho they died on the first set of globes/skull circle, since I clearly can't tank for shit, coz if I were better at it they wouldn't have died.
I am a bad person for calling the craplock an idiot after he pulled 3 groups of mobs while running in, resulting in another wipe, since "OOOPS" is appearently a perfectly sound apology, and it should be accepted as such.

FML
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (90) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (90) Prot | Hashishin (90) Combat | Arishem (90) Blood | Maurgane (90) Frost | Bova (90) Bear |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (76) Resto | Shoju (51) WW | Wærloga (63) Destro | Dejiko (50) Prot |
Draenor >>> Kenesha (90) Resto | Qedesha (80) Disc | Lanthlasa (52) BM | Xiaohongquan (78) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
valura
Maintankadonor

Location: outer ring of the 7th circle of Hell (aka Kul Tiras EU - Horde side)

Postby Nooska » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:02 am

Follow up.
We lost one of our tanks today, apparently it was negotiated yesterday that the one dps and this tank moved over as a team - still haven't heard a word from either of them.
So now we are down to 2 tanks again, with niethe rbeing able to promise 100% attendance.. do I really have to go back to tanking, which I said I didn't feel was fair - raid leading reauires me to be there, 2 tank spots means 1 is blocked whenever I'm there, don't think thats fair to the other 2 tanks - and we need 2 due to my real life responsibilities that dictate a slightly above 67% attendance for a 3 raid week on thu/sun/tue when averaged over a few months (december and june/july are a lot less booked though)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Levantine » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:07 am

valura wrote:I had no reason to curse after the healer ninja'ed the tanking boots, coz healers always get priority over the rest.

I'd feel bad about taking whatever the fuck I want when I heal, but shitbag tanks and dps have killed any sense of honour I had in pug heroics. If I want it, I'm damn fucking well going to need. You guys very much so have yourself to blame (at least in the general sense of 'tanks in lfg'); back in Wrath and early Cata I was firmly in the 'Don't Need Over Running Specs' camp.
Levantine

Postby Worldie » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:12 am

Sagara wrote:Hey Worldie, care to combine our efforts to find a new place to live?

That can't happen I'm alliance and only play on PvE servers :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby valura » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:13 am

Levantine wrote:
valura wrote:I had no reason to curse after the healer ninja'ed the tanking boots, coz healers always get priority over the rest.

I'd feel bad about taking whatever the fuck I want when I heal, but shitbag tanks and dps have killed any sense of honour I had in pug heroics. If I want it, I'm damn fucking well going to need. You guys very much so have yourself to blame (at least in the general sense of 'tanks in lfg'); back in Wrath and early Cata I was firmly in the 'Don't Need Over Running Specs' camp.

Hmm. Have I just been categorized with the shitbag tanks? :shock:
I pretty much feel offended, but if I have missed the memo on this, I will adapt as needed, and start behaving according to the stigma that has been cast upon me, and start needing on everything I can need on...
Thanks for pointing that out to me, Levantine.
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (90) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (90) Prot | Hashishin (90) Combat | Arishem (90) Blood | Maurgane (90) Frost | Bova (90) Bear |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (76) Resto | Shoju (51) WW | Wærloga (63) Destro | Dejiko (50) Prot |
Draenor >>> Kenesha (90) Resto | Qedesha (80) Disc | Lanthlasa (52) BM | Xiaohongquan (78) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
valura
Maintankadonor

Location: outer ring of the 7th circle of Hell (aka Kul Tiras EU - Horde side)

PreviousNext

Return to General