Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Newsom » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:55 am

The ink trader hotfix just didn't happen, and now I all my planning for getting 3 more scribes up just fell apart (I have literally thousands of that still worthless ink). There is no way in hell I can farm the low level herbs thanks to CRZ (not that I would even have time for it...) GRRRRR
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby halabar » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:05 am

Levantine wrote:OH MY GOD I ACCIDENTALLY LEARNED MY TERRIBLE TURNIP.

GOING TO GO CRY QUIETLY IN THE CORNER NOW K.

Thought it was BoP. It's not? Any particular reason for the angst? Do they sell for a lot or something? (Yeah, I learned mine).
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby halabar » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:10 am

Newsom wrote:The ink trader hotfix just didn't happen, and now I all my planning for getting 3 more scribes up just fell apart (I have literally thousands of that still worthless ink). There is no way in hell I can farm the low level herbs thanks to CRZ (not that I would even have time for it...) GRRRRR

On my server there are so many scribes popping up that I've ditched my plans for another one. Every zone you are in people are spamming for cards.

halabar

Postby Newsom » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:12 am

halabar wrote:

Thought it was BoP. It's not? Any particular reason for the angst? Do they sell for a lot or something? (Yeah, I learned mine).

You can just cage it...
Frango NewsomNewsSpoon
Newsom

Postby halabar » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:19 am

Newsom wrote:
halabar wrote:

You can just cage it...

Too many kids still selling all their pets. Once the rush is over, gonna start selling off all mine.. hopefully there's still demand and little supply.

(Also waiting for auctionator to get updated so it works with caged pets).

halabar

Postby djlar » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:59 am

Once again was ignored to get a raiding spot, again not even considered to at least the bench, my guild rank is "casual" still, can't even see the gbank, much less contribute/trade to it..

But yet they did wanted my help to do LFR and Sha of Anger which I did just fine (top 3 dps on both runs)

I guess I'll start the search for a 25m guild or another 10m guild with 2 groups... I was ready to raid since last week, now I know the fights even better and have better gear for it from VP, Sha and LFR runs.
djlar

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:12 pm

djlar wrote:Once again was ignored to get a raiding spot, again not even considered to at least the bench, my guild rank is "casual" still, can't even see the gbank, much less contribute/trade to it..

But yet they did wanted my help to do LFR and Sha of Anger which I did just fine (top 3 dps on both runs)

I guess I'll start the search for a 25m guild or another 10m guild with 2 groups... I was ready to raid since last week, now I know the fights even better and have better gear for it from VP, Sha and LFR runs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I feel like this has been an ongoing issue for you for years now. Either you are not communicating well enough with your guild that you want to raid, or you're really just surrounded by dicks. And you can really only solve one of those problems.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:15 pm

Well technically, he could solve both.

1) Learn to communicate better and more efficiently (or stop being a doormat, whichever is the case)
2) Find a new group/guild to raid with that aren't full of dicks.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:18 pm

lol true - I just meant that he can't undick them.

....well that sounded wrong. And is probably also technically possible. But uh, don't do that. Castration is not your friend.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:54 pm

My teenage son is pushing the boundries of what will and wont end up with him thinking that the Amish people of the region have great technology.
Shoju

Postby Flex » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:55 pm

Nikachelle wrote:lol true - I just meant that he can't undick them.

....well that sounded wrong. And is probably also technically possible. But uh, don't do that. Castration is not your friend.

Surgeries can be performed.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby djlar » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:11 pm

Yeah I'm gonna talk to GM, either I raid sometime soon or GTFO and look for another guild... maybe I even have to crawl back to the previous guild that was 25m, yes they were also douches and bad performers but at least I could see the inside of the raid instance...
djlar

Postby Koatanga » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:54 pm

djlar wrote:Yeah I'm gonna talk to GM, either I raid sometime soon or GTFO and look for another guild... maybe I even have to crawl back to the previous guild that was 25m, yes they were also douches and bad performers but at least I could see the inside of the raid instance...

GM's don't "do" ultimatums, so you'd best pack your bags if you make that approach. Well, if the GM does bend to an ultimatum then you have a bad GM.

Your best play is to make your case in a cool and concise manner. The points you want to hit are:

I have done my time as a "casual" and have earned the opportunity show what I can do.

I have shown what I can do vs Sha.

I am motivated to raid as shown by my early gearing.

My attitude is good an I am a good team player.

If you cannot make it into the raid team on those points, then you are facing a closed raid group that is not interested in in cluding any more people. Which means if you want to raid, you have to go elsewhere.

If your GM is not an idiot, he will understand that a person coming to him asking to raid and making a strong case to raid represents a retention risk if he is not allowed to raid. The threat of leaving is implied, and does not need to be stated. Doing so will simply negate the "good attitude" argument and destroy your shot at raiding.

You are frustrated, but patience will win where brute force will not. Grasshopper. FML this patch is getting to me.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Sagara » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:01 pm

Sagara wrote:1 A.M. Work tomorrow, 359 ilvl, 200 Justice points short of the easiest upgrade.

DAMMIT!

24h later, I had to do two heroics to gather the justice (nothing dropped, OF COURSE). I get my gloves, all happy, 20 minutes befre the guild's LFR run aaaaaaaand.

Average stays @ 459. One rage and TWO heroics later, I finally get one piece of loot to bump me over 460.

There's some silver lining though - I got three loot in LFR. All three were the dps pieces, but still.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:28 pm

Sagara wrote:All three were the dps pieces, but still.

Considering how we're supposed to gear up in this expansion, the only true DPS gear is the one that has crit in it, anything else and its tank gear -- much to the chagrin of plate dps.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General