Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Mannstein » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:09 am

Shieldeah wrote:My frustration is the Sha npss and last few trash packs in hc Shadopan Monastery. I probably was doing something wrong, but I caused 2 healers to ragequit cause I got raped so hard :s

What is your hit/Exp?
On a guild run, i had two wipes on that trash, that mean i had the same amount of wipes in that run that on all the other till that point.
After that i reforged into hit/exp, and now i think i have twice as much Holy Power.

In addition i have made a macro for using the Simbiosis\Barskin with the Divine Shield. Still haven't tried, but i think it will be very nice.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby Shieldeah » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:12 am

I've gotten a few things eversince then, but it came up again and I tanked everything with no problems, perhaps we were just really unlucky with healers ^^;
Shieldeah

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:15 am

The Sha of Violence is a very healing intense fight: if the healer doesn't pull his weight you wipe.

Plus, AoEing the little adds is a terrible idea.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Bellanka » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:58 am

I lagged out a bit at the end on a Sha of Anger kill when a huge group of Alliance tried to gank us and keep us from the kill. No loot. No cache. Because of lag from Open World PVP. Now I need to find another run by tonight, while also spamming people through Heroics to get their BiS for raid Tuesday. (On the bright side I'm getting a lot of practice in for Challenge Modes, and see a half a dozen Golds in my near future.)

And don't even get me started on SkyShards. I'm single-handedly responsible for the annihilation of the Stonebark Trickster and Mogu populations. If I keep this up any longer I'll be paying reparations by T16.
Evangelyna
Raid Leader/Main Tank
SWARM, Alterac Mountains
Bellanka
Maintankadonor

Postby mavfin » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:22 am

Teranoid wrote:JP rewards aren't meant as paths to gear progression anymore. They're meant to fill in slots where you can't get drops in heroics.

A lot here wanted 'back-to-BC'...well, rep grinds for items was part of BC...
--Mav
mavfin

Postby halabar » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:39 am

Teranoid wrote:My post came off a lot harsher than I intended so apologies for that. Just get so tired of listening to the constant complaining that has gone on since Cata. First people ragged on Blizz because there was nothing to do in Cataclysm and it boiled down to "log in Tuesday" and that was it. Now that there's a plethora of things to do in game the complaints are steering in the complete opposite direction. Just pisses me off.

You're missing something. Those aren't the same two sets of people complaining. The guys I know that are bitching about the dailies are the ones who would log on 5 days of the week and gladly grind heroics to gear, but they hate being "required" to login. The other set are the ones who want something to do each day, they have plenty now.

Can't please everyone.

As much of a grind it will be, at least the valor gear is better than in T13. But if you don't need the valor gear, you really only need to grind reps that are needed for your proffs. Unless you are a completionist, and if you're one of those, this expansion is a doozy...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby mavfin » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:44 am

halabar wrote:Unless you are a completionist, and if you're one of those, this expansion is a doozy...

Yeah, we've got a guy who has played *one* toon for the last seven years, and he only made an alt when he had to have it to get boxes for the one rep (the rogue one, can't think of it now).

He's in heaven with all the possibilities other than raiding now.

OK, so I can't quite do multiple toons as easily as I did in Wrath, but, the other changes suit me fine. I've got my first 90, so I'll just proceed from here and have fun.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby degre » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:31 am

Worldie wrote:
Teranoid wrote:Imagine that! You actually have to do something for your valor gear other than sitting in
People complained that there wasn't enough to do in Cata. Now there is and people are complaining about having to actually do something for their gear (GOD FORBID). This game's playerbase is full of lazy mentally challenged people who have no idea what they want other than the fast track to shinies.

My complaint isn't really about the way of getting VP/JP gear (even though I really dislike dailies), but more about the time investment: since dailies are limited, you need several days (weeks?) of work to gear up a character that way. It's just much simple and easier to farm heroics till death than to farm rep.

I'm myself farming reps on main just for the kite mount at the end. I'm fairly sure I won't touch a single rep with alts.

HCs give you 463 gear.
Reputations give you 489 gear.

Sure, it takes days to get there, but the rewards are appealing, especially as you only need to push for exalted for vanity rewards, epics are given at revered, it's probably just over a week of dailies.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby Flex » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:41 am

Klaudandus wrote:I just think they whiffed on how they handle justice points/valor points and reputations overall

Not at all. I believe they nailed exactly what they're going for with reputation.

Quit thinking of reputation gear as being needed for progression group content because it isn't designed that way. Golden Lotus and the other factions there are level 90 questing content for people that want that content and who don't particularly care for group content.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby djlar » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:46 am

Got into heroic brewery, I couldn't zone it because they started the boss fight before I could zone in (the hammer boss), well I zoned in, we go to the last boss, everything was looking good, during the fight the game glitched and I got sent thru the floor under the boss, I tried to get back there, I couldn't because the boss room door was closed, I standed there taking damage until I died, boss was going down slowly, at about 10% they voted me out... (how the hell can you get voted out during combat???)

Lost a lot of time there and got zero loot, JP or VP for my efforts..
djlar

Postby Winkle » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:01 am

Flex wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:I just think they whiffed on how they handle justice points/valor points and reputations overall

Not at all. I believe they nailed exactly what they're going for with reputation.

Quit thinking of reputation gear as being needed for progression group content because it isn't designed that way. Golden Lotus and the other factions there are level 90 questing content for people that want that content and who don't particularly care for group content.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Especially considering the rate at which the rewards become available. If you're a raider the VP gear isn't for you.

Personally the system works for me, i won't need the valor gear however i did open up the JP gear in time for it to feel a gap where i hadn't got a hc drop. I'll grind the reps anyway becuase some of them i actually enjoy (farmville) and the others i want the rewards.
Winkle

Postby Flex » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:08 am

Winkle wrote:I'll grind the reps anyway becuase some of them i actually enjoy (farmville) and the others i want the rewards.

F U awesome looking Shado-Pan hat that you can use for transmogrify purposes.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Mannstein » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:57 am

I'm pissed with the mobs...I know i shouldn't QQ with this... but, i got really pissed with the random agro and behaviour...

Minding my own business, doing my quests in the lvl89 area (can't remember the name)... when i see at a distance about 4/5mobs running together in my general direction... they were so far that i thought that they were chasing some poor dude that my pc hadn't yet loaded... I continue my quest when it hit's me:
"Hey shouldn't the player already load? And why are they still running in my direction".

I was 5shoted... i was so surprised that i didn't even bubbled up... then for the last 4days ramdom shiat has happened... respawn rates completly retarded (even for quest items)... Random mob chasing you for half a region...(lvl 90mobs vs lvl90player)... I had a mob chasing me for 100yards, agroeing another 3mobs, the other three mobs quit chasing and the bastard still keeps coming... WTF?
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby bldavis » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:52 am

my main frustration is the stupid bugged npc i have to kill for my last in the last chain to finish the Steppes

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Amirya » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:17 am

Hey, I'm there too.

My current? My own damn fault I stayed up until 230am to hit level 90, because ^he^ brought out my competitive nature.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General