Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Hrobertgar » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:35 pm

Worldie wrote:
My US paladin is horde actually. On Runetotem i believe.


Scroll of Resurection on your US account will take care of realm xfer. And now that there is faction change you don't have a problem.

In fact, a certain server apparently holds several folks who could use more raiders....

Amirya Wrote:
Worldie is also thinking about reactivating his US account, but based on your sig, you're on the same server as me (and bldavis and Skye1013 and Nakama and Levantine and Azzanoth and a few others I'm probably forgetting). So theoretically, he could come join you...


Alas, my raids are all 10m, and we are not looking for raiders atm, but Amirya seems to be able to only name like 7 raiders so she could probably use more... :twisted:


edit:

Nikachelle wrote:
*eyeballs Hrobertgar*

I have a cattle prod with your name on it, buster.


Amirya wrote:
He might like the cattle prod, though.


*sniff*
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:42 pm

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Flex » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:44 pm

<insert comment about how Worldie is into 25 man heroic mode progression guilds and most people are not, for the 50th time he's been left guildless this expansion>
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
User avatar
Flex
 
Posts: 4677
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:29 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Amirya » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:05 pm

Hrobertgar wrote:Alas, my raids are all 10m, and we are not looking for raiders atm, but Amirya seems to be able to only name like 7 raiders so she could probably use more... :twisted:

Charming thought, but as Flex points out, my guild isn't close to what Worldie is looking for.

I honestly would ninja-log for the night if a raid night showed up and we had 15+ people wanting to go raid.

Mostly 'cause I would be terrified at the voodoo.
Image

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2959
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Worldie » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:09 pm

Actually I've been losing guild every 3 months since WoTLK. Not such a good thing on my curriculum but I can't help it.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 9205
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Amirya » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:10 pm

Worldie wrote:Actually I've been losing guild every 3 months since WoTLK. Not such a good thing on my curriculum but I can't help it.

Worldie, the Guildbreaker

I am with Theck on this. Go join his guild. :mrgreen:
Image

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2959
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby bldavis » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:26 pm

Amirya wrote:
Hrobertgar wrote:Alas, my raids are all 10m, and we are not looking for raiders atm, but Amirya seems to be able to only name like 7 raiders so she could probably use more... :twisted:

Charming thought, but as Flex points out, my guild isn't close to what Worldie is looking for.

I honestly would ninja-log for the night if a raid night showed up and we had 15+ people wanting to go raid.

Mostly 'cause I would be terrified at the voodoo.

that is just the 7 MTadins

we do have a couple that arent from here
if we had 15+ ppl on, i would ninja log, much less wanting to raid

if worldie is looking for a nice guild to hang out with on us side, we can help there! (just dont ask about raiding with us..../shudder we STILL havent gotten madness down, and really it will take a full clear in one night to get it at this point)
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Worldie » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:29 pm

Sounds like a possible idea for my US account, any of you wants a free mount? :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 9205
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby econ21 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:23 pm

bldavis wrote: ..../shudder we STILL havent gotten madness down, and really it will take a full clear in one night to get it at this point


You'll get there[1]. My guild seems to be very similar to yours in terms of DS progress and we got madness down last Friday for the first time in a full clear. One shotted everything up to Madness and got that on the second pass. Awfully messy, but we did it - one tank, three healers (having the dps to avoid a second impale helps a lot - it was hit and miss for us). Me, the tank, dead facedown on the floor with several others at the end, as I always seem to be on these big moments (same happened with Lich King).

Perversely, we had a full 10 people turn up for the Saturday raid night and no where to go. Well, I lie - we did BWD and TotFW to get the guild achievement. (My guild stopped raiding in Cata and only revived around the time of the Firelands nerf.)

[1] Maybe get Worldie to tag along? We had an alt of a more accomplished raider and she helped us a lot in terms of tactics and the simple confidence that comes from having beaten the fight before.
econ21
 
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:53 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Amirya » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:27 pm

The frustration lies more in getting people to sign up and be there, rather than inability. Guildwise, we are 7/8, and on our first night of Madness attempts, we did get to platform #4.

So unless Worldie is a schizophrenic who is willing to multi-box his 2 healers and 1 dps.......
Image

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2959
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby bldavis » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:01 pm

Worldie wrote:Sounds like a possible idea for my US account, any of you wants a free mount? :P

well i am a mount whore....
:shock: :?

who should i send the scroll to? :twisted:
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 6111
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby econ21 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:57 pm

Amirya wrote:The frustration lies more in getting people to sign up and be there, rather than inability.


I know - my guild is in the same situation. Which is why it was ironic that, one of the few second raid nights where we had enough people to actually raid, there were no DS bosses for us to down. That said we have benefited from some new recruitment in the last two weeks, with some new members joining for PvP of all things.
econ21
 
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:53 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:08 am

Amirya wrote:The frustration lies more in getting people to sign up and be there, rather than inability. Guildwise, we are 7/8, and on our first night of Madness attempts, we did get to platform #4.

So unless Worldie is a schizophrenic who is willing to multi-box his 2 healers and 1 dps.......

Well... part of it is the inability of a couple players here and there. I mean, I love Hasha and all... but she has yet to prove her capability to play any class. ArcMage, SPriest, Hunter (no idea what spec.) I don't know if some of it is gear, but when her dps is barely competitive with the tanks, something isn't quite right. She does have her healers, but I think she's only healed for us one or two nights, and I wasn't particularly impressed. Also, failing to click the button at the appropriate time for every pull of Ultraxion (whether she wasn't clicking, or clicking to early) doesn't inspire warm and fuzzy feelings.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3687
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Malkieri » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:29 am

Got yor'sausage hc down last week, so this week we bring in a few new recruits/ trials to get used to the fight etc.
Have some lousy silly wipes to stoopid stuff, but eventually we get him and move on: spirits are high everyone's smiling....we're going to do zonozz normal and start working on hc hagara with a few pulls, says the RL.

30mins later we haven't got normal zonozz, and i'm getting frustrated and ticked off etc. I make a few mistakes too and this does nothing to improve me mood. Then we suddenly have a wipe to a ninja pull and the RL is like 'Ok wtf is going on here?'...I absolutely explode & rage like a nutter at him....and feel like an ass. Apologise immediately but still feel like an ass. Worst is he just sat and took it calmly, and simply responded to my apologies with: 'Well, you are not helping.'
I don't lose my nerve often but when I do I tend to get loud(don't mean it but I do) and my RL/guildies don't deserve that. So I guess my frustration in a nutshell: being 'that ass' in last nights' raid :oops: :x
At least we pasted the bstrd on the next pull..
Malkieri
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:35 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Andurin » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:55 am

I bet that if I would have still played a paladin, I wouldn't have forgotten a hammer this morning when I went to my new house to break out the floor... Basicly I had to face this while the only tool I had was something to remove wallpaper...

Image

I left it there till I get back with a weapon :evil:
Andurin
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:45 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:54 am

I hate it when I end up picking up infections from the kids at the schools I visit...

now I got a bad case of strep throat
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9723
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby sfrog » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:09 am

Evidently the last four months of life has caught up with me - my GP has informed me that unless I a) loose the caffeine and b) stop abusing my body by eating Top Ramen like no tomorrow, she's going to string me up with what's left of my skin when she gets done with it.

...I don't wanna loose the caffeine. I like coffee.
Image
Without Honor...there is no Hope.
User avatar
sfrog
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:16 am
Location: Anchorage, Alaska

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:23 am

sfrog wrote:Evidently the last four months of life has caught up with me - my GP has informed me that unless I a) loose the caffeine and b) stop abusing my body by eating Top Ramen like no tomorrow, she's going to string me up with what's left of my skin when she gets done with it.

...I don't wanna loose the caffeine. I like coffee.

I realize the sacrilege that is the statement I'm about to make... but there is such a thing as decaffeinated coffee.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3687
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Fetzie » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:31 am

Skye1013 wrote:
sfrog wrote:Evidently the last four months of life has caught up with me - my GP has informed me that unless I a) loose the caffeine and b) stop abusing my body by eating Top Ramen like no tomorrow, she's going to string me up with what's left of my skin when she gets done with it.

...I don't wanna loose the caffeine. I like coffee.

I realize the sacrilege that is the statement I'm about to make... but there is such a thing as decaffeinated coffee.


No there isn't :)

Decaf is an abomination!

I cut back on the instant ramen too, although for me it was more the realization that I don't really like them.
Fetzie | Protection/Holy Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Former Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2093
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Amirya » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:29 am

Coffee is an abomination!
Image

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 2959
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:03 am

Image = Image ?
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3687
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby benebarba » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:20 am

Skye1013 wrote:Image = Image ?



Well, there was that one time at the nasty motel... but I'd forgotten about that. Thanks Skye.


Seriously though: if you aren't drinking it for the flavor (and/or are a 'coffee snob') then you're better just going to something else entirely than decaf.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:03 am

benebarba wrote:Seriously though: if you aren't drinking it for the flavor (and/or are a 'coffee snob') then you're better just going to something else entirely than decaf.


If you are drinking a lowfatskimtripleexpressoventiblended from one of those places, it is an abomination, and you can get the caffeine from something else.

If however, you're drinking it black or perhaps with sugar, and perhaps a pinch of salt, then coffee is quite a good thing.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6768
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby halabar » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:04 am

sfrog wrote:Evidently the last four months of life has caught up with me - my GP has informed me that unless I a) loose the caffeine and b) stop abusing my body by eating Top Ramen like no tomorrow, she's going to string me up with what's left of my skin when she gets done with it.

...I don't wanna loose the caffeine. I like coffee.


And exactly how much were you consuming to induce those changes in just 4 months?...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 6768
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby djlar » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:04 pm

20 wipes at H Ultraxion 25...

All of them because of people not clicking the button..

We hade the DPS and the heals, WTB awareness, pst..

This after one shotting Heroic Hagara 25... that I think is has way harder mechanics than Ultraxion..
Image
djlar
 
Posts: 1421
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:30 am

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:50 pm

I think it's time to prepare the Mists of Pandaria board -- the MoP beta icon is already on the battle.net accounts management section.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 9723
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest