Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Postby Beltaine » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:26 am

So, I've been running whatever instances I can get a group for because I need prekara gear from all over the place.

After spending nearly an hour LFG (Medivh server has lots of tanks and no healers it seems) I finally get a tell from a group needing a tank for Steamvaults.

"Sweet, another shot at a devilshark cape, plus I need more CE rep"

So we meet at the stone, and the group leader goes afk with no warning. Few minutes later, logs out, again no warning. In passing, I notice the whole rest of the group is all in the same guild. We start with just 4, I'm assuming the group leader will be back, so no big deal. We get around a little ways and then I see the rest of the group dive off into the water and take out the key fragment guardian.

I start marking for the next pull and I see:

"Didn't <nowloggedoutgroupeleader> tell you we were just getting the key frag?"

"Uh... no"

"Oh, well, we can do the first boss if you want"

Wow, don't do me any favors. I Drop group and get my ghetto hearth back to Shattrath.

Jackasses.

Anybody else experienced crap like this?
<insert armory sig here>
<witty comment here>
Beltaine

Postby Cynnammon » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:15 am

Busted through reg Mech with a pug two days ago, plus hoping the jade-skull breastplate will drop for me and the piece of assassination gear for my boyfriend. Skipped the second boss to hit up the third, then right as we were going back to the second boss...mage opened up a portal to shat and the healer and mage jumped.

whispered both...healer said that he was willing to help me anytime i needed it...and then he logged. mage never responded.

found another healer and dps through reliable pug friends...and the breastplate didn't drop.

went back in on heroic yesterday for the daily. previously mentioned healer came on his lock, pugged an amazing healer, then had guildies in the run as well. in the middle of the gauntlet event, lock said he had to go...and proceeded to stand there while we were trying to kill the last group of 4. ended up in a wipe, he died as well. booted him from the group, healer grabbed somebody from their guild, and we proceeded to make short work of the rest of the run. no drops :roll:

ugh. 6 badges closer, though i will likely never run with that person again. it was like pulling teeth to have him cast mark of the wild as a druid healer, and he refused to open a soulwell or SS the healer on his lock.
Cynnammon

Postby Lakirby » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:46 pm

9 wipes on Leo tonight before our DPS learns that they need to control their aggro... :<
<Shadows of Eternity> - Kilrogg EU - 5/5 MH 9/9 BT
Retiring 11/07/08 - Tanking to the bitter end.
Lakirby

Postby Alostrael » Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:23 am

Speed leveling and gearing a prot pally for the guild since we had like 1 tank. Getting T5 gloves first based on the "tanks first" rule of progression gearing. Now being accused of causing drama.

I get a little upset when warriors try to tell me how to tank even though they have no idea how paladins work... and a little more upset when I'm expected to generate as much threat on a character thats been 70 for a little over a month and isn't completely geared as someone thats been tanking for 3 years.
Alostrael

Postby Ilara » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:40 am

A bad run on al'ar, All other tanks down in phase two, dps are managing to balance the adds at this point though.

Suddenly I get armor debuff, all heals are being thrown to me.

I eventually fall 3 seconds before debuff falls off me (though boy was it a fun run) and Al'ar cleans up whats left of the raid. 3% wipe. If I had bought time for them to get one more add would have done it.

>.> then I realize I could have bubbled out of the debuff while Al'ar was doing his meteor and been the hero of the raid solo tanking him from 25% - 0...
Guillex wrote:chop chop slap chop slap slap /b/ fap fap.... gogo
Ilara

Postby eia » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:53 am

Lakirby wrote:9 wipes on Leo tonight before our DPS learns that they need to control their aggro... :<

I hear you.. partly I blame myself for this.. I've been pumping out AS+JoV+Consecration every time I pick him up, so now it feels like they hardly stop nuking, since they trust I will pick him up. One resist though...
Guess I could take it as an acceptance and trust in my threat gen, but it is still hard on my stress levels. >.<
"It takes two to cuddle."
eia

Postby Lakirby » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:47 am

Leo is the only fight I feel physically tired after tanking. Stresses the crap out of me.

/prays we down Vashj tonight so we can have a TK week next week
Lakirby

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:10 am

Lakirby wrote:Leo is the only fight I feel physically tired after tanking. Stresses the crap out of me.

/prays we down Vashj tonight so we can have a TK week next week

Just wait until you get to bloodboil...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lakirby » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:13 am

Bah, that's a long way off... Maybe by then T5-dropping bosses will get rid of their 2x defender addiction >.>
Lakirby

Postby Worldie » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:14 am

I think that our t6 dropping bosses stopped the "protector" series yesterday with conqueror from Council.

From t5 we always and i mean always had at least 1 defender. Quite frustrating since some of our shamans and paladins still have blue items <.<
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lakirby » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:20 am

Tanking Vashj in dungeon set 3 shoulders (T4 won't drop for me either!) is hawt.
Lakirby

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:28 am

Lakirby wrote:Tanking Vashj in dungeon set 3 shoulders (T4 won't drop for me either!) is hawt.
I DPSed Gruul with netherweave Bracers :D(And tanked Kiggler)
tanked Heroic Underbog(first heroic tankage evah) in green quality plate >.<

Ahhh I have no complaints on this point :p

5k hp healer for heroic SH. Not a good idea.
Kargath is still laughing at us.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby berbo2 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:52 am

It is crazy how other classes/players have not any idea about how pala tanking works :(

Our Warrior Class Advisor is prety imba tank and amazing player. We are preparing for Al'ar recently so me and him (I am Pala CA) had a discusion about tanking the adds there and impementing "all adds die in phase 2" tacktics. He was worried about if I do any backward dmg to my attackers.....

Well we had a duel. Poor guy killed himself prety fast with me staying there like a trunk and only poping HS. I didnt even hit him once......

So if you really wanna have some fun ask a rogue/warrior/shaman to attack you from the front and dont do anything. The reactions of the people around are amzaing.
berbo2

Postby iliya » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:46 am

Neither shield has dropped yet... still. :(
Iliya - Vek'Nilash: Retired
iliya

Postby Levantine » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:21 pm

I hate westfall. x_x

Also, why can't Azella look as cool as she does in my Avatar and sig NOW?!? Stupid T6 looking awesome.
Levantine

Postby Retcon » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:59 am

Supremus dropped Felstone Bulwark tonight.

Background: I split my time between specs for my guild. I am holy with T5+ quality gear for BT. I am prot with kara/ZA/some raid gear for Hyjal.

Myself and one other paladin wanted that shield. Both the other paladin and I use the Triptych shield for healing, and I use the Nightbane shield for tanking.

For tanking, it represents 1000+ additional armour, 5 additional block value, a tiny bonus in stamina, and 22 dmg (in addition to its healing powers), for a tradeoff of the defence rating on the Nightbane shield.

Considering that it is a tanking AND healing upgrade, I figured I would get it, but apparently our "loot council" decided to give it to the full-time holydin (who, might I add, picked up the Kaz'rogal mace, boots from Naj'entus AND belt from Teron Gorefiend). I passed ALL of those to him because he was using scrub kara gear as his healing stuff (and in the case of his mace, the sha'tar exalted one!). And this is how he repays me.

Council offers some half-ass explanation for their decision, but I'm pissed. Three weeks and no Illidari Runeshield, and given that the MT is using an S2 shield, I'm not likely to see an upgrade (barring luck on trash) until we see a KHH drop TWICE.

Fuck.
Retcon, 70 BE Paladin, [H] Korgath-US (PVP)
"Just another plebe in an army of giants."
Retcon

Postby Mortehl » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:18 am

Frustrated by the fact that Blizzard couched "upgraded" tanking stats for plate tanks by emasculating the amount of defense and to a lesser extent armor on gear. Since Warrior tanks have gobs of +def on their T5, and block value/rating also increases their threat exponentially, guess who this hurts more in the short run?
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Dunemas » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:36 am

My biggest current gripe?

So my guild brought down with minimal effort the giant loot pinata that is Void Reaver. Standard stuff. My threat generation in OT mode was very spotty and I consumed nearly half my supply of mana pots, but I never ceased consecration or judgement and kept reaver on me when he switched aggro. This is probably the easiest fight, tank-wise, in TK. Stand and do my rotation and let the ranged run from the explosive thingies.

My gripe is that Reaver dropped two tier 5 shoulder tokens - one for warrior types and suh, and one for pally types and such.

I had to seriously consider whether the shoulders were worth the DKP bid over my tier 4. They're that unimpressive.

I check the warrior tank shoulders and damn near had to pick up my jaw.
Dunemas

Postby Averroes » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:47 am

I have been doing Kara the last 2 months for prot gear and eveverytiem the T4 helm drops some alt or someone else takes it like WTF next I feel like ML'ing it cause my helm is my last blue D3 pally helm ftl in SSC/TK.

Gruul drops aldor Legacy so me, a prot war, and DPS war roll for it and the DPS war wins the the g leader is like grats after 30 mins of discussing it with the officers and that DPS war never OT or specs prot always on his hunter WTF???

Gruul drops T4 leggings everyone rolls for it an elemental shaman with S3 wins it saying he will use it for his resto spec which he never spec'ed and gquits a few days later

Gruul drops T4 leggings and some Pally with T5 wins it and I never seen him wear it since he is always holy for Arena and Raids and plays on his lock more.

Gruul drops the magi blade no one in my guild wanted it but me and my guild leader just laughed at me for trying to spec Prot as an off spec (they do not have any prot pally, dps shamans, dps priests, dps druids, nor dps wars living under that pre bc rock) so I was like fuck it and gquited and they made it into BT some how.
Averroes

Postby Dunemas » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:19 am

Oh, yes. Another gripe of mine I realized during the same raid.

- Silence blows. Hard. I can literally do nothing but hope threat doesn't get too high. I may be partially immune to disarm, but nothing quite cripples pally tanks like silence. At least the other two tank types can use taunt while disarmed (druids are fully immune anyway), but I'm boned if I get silenced at all.

Also:

- I have a warrior I play as well. Tank spec. My father plays him more than I do, but I tank with the warrior on occasion. I have to say, that alone makes me QQ more than anything else. His threat is 500-600ish tps despite being in full 5-man blues, and mine is only slightly better despite being in full epics - save for the blue spell weapon. Check my armory for current stats.

But that's just a flaw of gear. My real complaint is that warrior threat is, for the most part, far more reliable than my own. Sunder (Devastate) generates great threat for a reliable, spammable direct ability - and the burst threat that shield slam can put out is amazing. Our MT's puts out about 1.5-2k, and that's if it doesn't crit.
I can load up on rank 6 consecrate and go into a full SoV rotation, but my threat only ramps up at the rate that SoV stacks - which is roughly 30-40% per autoattack - so my threat looks good on paper since I can instantly begin with an SoR judgement, but by the time I start my threat generation in earnest the warrior has been at full TPS for several dozen seconds longer. SoR is nice, but SoV will put out more threat over the same amount of time - provided it procs. And provided holy shield procs. And provided SoV doesn't fall off.
Meanwhile, my tank brethren are spamming abilities that work nearly every time, minus the miss/dodge/parry chance - which is still far lower than the chance to not proc an SoV stack or not have Holy Shield proc.

I know ultimately the net TPS is the same (except when I'm an OT, but that's a whole different complaint), but it seems it takes me longer to build up and more effort to maintain. Maybe this is completely without merit because of how low my spell damage is, or I simply don't understand warrior tanking very well, but it's something that bothers me greatly.
Dunemas

Postby Mortehl » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:06 am

Dunemas, as sure as the sun rises etcetera and so forth, I used to always shout out, "I HATE THIS FUCKING PLACE AND THESE FUCKING SILENCES AND THIS FUCKING TRASH" at least once during TK clears.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby Worldie » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:23 am

Mortehl wrote:Dunemas, as sure as the sun rises etcetera and so forth, I used to always shout out, "I HATE THIS FUCKING PLACE AND THESE FUCKING SILENCES AND THIS FUCKING TRASH" at least once during TK clears.

At least twice, cause there are 2 packs that silence.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dragonzbane » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:57 am

Worldie wrote:At least twice, cause there are 2 packs that silence.

Are you kidding?
I am the star of those pulls, the silence is dispellable, the only time you should dread those 2 pulls are when you healers are sleeping.
Dragonzbane

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:58 am

Dragonzbane wrote:
Worldie wrote:At least twice, cause there are 2 packs that silence.

Are you kidding?
I am the star of those pulls, the silence is dispellable, the only time you should dread those 2 pulls are when you healers are sleeping.

Everytime I ask one of my healers to cleanse me on those pulls I get back "I'm too busy keeping everyone ALIVE!!"
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Amirya » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:36 am

Pugs and idiots.

I don't mind pugging, in fact, I had someone tag me to tank Shattered Halls the other day for them 'cause he remembered me tanking from about 3 levels (and one month) ago, and said I impressed him.

But....I rock as a tank in Arcatraz. All those demons make my little pally heart smile.

Except when the mage-leader idiot freaks out because "OMG YOU PULLED TWO!"

Two demons.

Not two packs.

Not two packs of 10 apiece.

He's so busy having a hysterical fit, he forgets to do any fighting, but somehow manages to stand right in an AoE that I have faced away from him. So he takes damage, which means the healer has to heal him so he can NOT fight some more, so when I get hexed and frogged, I don't get cleansed, which means the hunter gets aggro, which means....well, suffice to say, we wiped. For no good reason.

Both mages take it upon themselves to pull. Only reason I ever intervened is to protect the hunter (and to a lesser extent, the healer). She was the only sane one, I swear.

The last demon before going aggroing Mellichar? Idiot mage-leader pulls him. So I let him die. I got into the fight AFTER he died, and tried to save the hunter (she'd built up more hate and was taking more of a beating, even with RD).

"So uh...LET ME PULL."
"I thought Ami was back!"
"You wanted rebuffs. Buff = no mana for pally = I WAS GETTING MANA BACK."

/facepalm

I'm surprised we actually lived through Skyriss with nary a death.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General