Remove Advertisements

Post your Frustrations.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Caelia » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:08 am

Elennira wrote:NEVER being allowed into SSC or TK unless we happen to be doing Tidewalker or Solarian...and even then, i only get to tank those two bosses...never anything else, im always just sat outside waiting for them...

secondly, the odd times i DO manage to get in on a TK raid, im stuck healing in A'lar and im not allowed to go first on the tank rotation on VR...

i mean seriously, WTF?! i've posted Tankadin 101 links, 'how to use a tankadin' articles...everything on my guild website...and yet im still not allowed to tank properly...

after holding VR for 97% my guild really started to appreciate me more, coinsidentaly i got my t5 shoulders, bracers off vr and ALD that night.
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby halabar » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:12 am

Rehlachs- wrote:some of the rogues in my raid are probably the worst rogues all over the world.
being outdamaged by me (tanking..) at kargath heroic or our beast masters' pets in mh might be worse enough, but they also lack any sense of movement and take every chance to die in a rain of fire or cleaves.

at least I get blamed for this rogue-dps thing.. "there is no sunder armor on the mobs tanked by the paladin! we can't dps there". yeah, that would explain your 700 dps, being fully buffed sitting in a group with all possible supportthingies (wf, drums, shout, feralcritstuff, and so on).

sometimes I get a slight feeling that our raid lead has to open recruitment for rogues again.

Why bring a rogue?.... level engineering, seaforium charges and have a mage to sheep. No rogues required.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Kombo » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:18 am

halabar wrote:Why bring a rogue?.... level engineering, seaforium charges and have a mage to sheep. No rogues required.

Sheep? you mention engineering there so i can assume you mean the low level explosive sheep...
Kombo

Postby Coristad » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:24 pm

After months of work, and proving the viability of the spec, I am now the victim of my own success. Tankadins are getting a dedicated raid slot, and the guild is recruiting another tankadin, even though my attendance isn't an issue.

Pyhrric victory?
Coristad

Postby Dinedan » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:13 pm

After months - literally - of looking for a raid that works around my suckjob schedule I find one. A month of main/offtanking later and I gquit to join their guild as it is going so well. Two weeks later they vote to change the raid times so now I cannot go.

GARRRRRR!!!!
Dinedan

Postby Arcand » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:47 pm

I follow this tanking forum where it's currently in vogue to say "you missed the point" whenever someone disagrees with you.

It has this impossible-to-ignore whiff of "you must not have understood what I said, for none who grasped the import of my pronouncements could but be instantly converted", and I'm frustrated that I can't throw angry housecats in the faces of those who abuse it.

/endrant. Thanks, I feel better.
Last edited by Arcand on Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Arcand

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:48 pm

Arcand wrote:I follow this tanking forum where it's currently in vogue to say "you missed the point" whenever someone disagrees with you.

It has this impossible-to-ignore whiff of "you must not have understood what I said, for none who grasped the import of my pronouncements could but be instantly converted".

qft
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Jonlo » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:53 pm

Arcand wrote:I follow this tanking forum where it's currently in vogue to say "you missed the point" whenever someone disagrees with you.

It has this impossible-to-ignore whiff of "you must not have understood what I said, for none who grasped the import of my pronouncements could but be instantly converted", and I'm frustrated that I can't throw angry housecats in the faces of those who abuse it.

/endrant. Thanks, I feel better.

Reading up on Order of the Stick I see?
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Hankthetank » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:16 pm

iliya wrote:I am a sad and angry panda at the same time, possibly doomed to be eternally stuck with the Crest of the Sha'tar.

Pfft, you call that frustrating? Try this one on for size.

The Ashes of Al'ar. A 310% speed mount, the fastest you can get in the game, and a very very unique look. Only drops from Kael, a boss that most guilds will kill less than a dozen times because he's such a pain. A large number of guilds (including mine) use a merit system to hand it out since, really, it's just a status symbol.

On Monday we were running low on tanks. My main char is a DPS warrior but I have a prot pally on the side. To humor me, they asked me to bring my pally along on a TK raid. (we're 4/5 MH 5/9 BT so it's old content to us) It was a nice run, I picked up the bracers off of VR and the ring from trash, so a couple really nice upgrades.

We get to Kael. I'm assigned to tank one of the advisers. Was a bit hectic (I was assigned to Thaladred even though I have no fear break) but we dropped Kael on the second try.

The ashes dropped, and my guild leader informed me that they wanted to give it to me for all the recruiting I've done, and setting up the DKP system, etc, but they didn't feel right giving it to an alt, so he had 2 other officers who do a lot of out-of-raid work for the guild roll on it.

Call it a hunch, but I think you're far more likely to see a shield upgrade than I am of seeing another Phoenix mount drop. :roll:
Hankthetank

Re: Post your Frustrations.

Postby Ajax » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:35 pm

iliya wrote:Serving as a creative opposite thread for the successes, I say we let this thread be about your tankadin gripes/emos/tantrums and what not, to let it out. Allow me to start:

I've been part of over many a Nightbane kill, and not once has he dropped that blasted shield, but that's not the worst of it.

The other pally tank and the two Warrior tanks in my guild already have it or better.

Not long ago, a run I had to cancel for had the shield drop and the MT of that raid already had the Aldori Legacy Defender... not only could they not DE it, they VENDORED IT!

And, tonight, when we were supposed to hit Gruul's, but several of our DPS had to cancel, so, we went into two kara groups to see who could get the farthest the fastest.

And you guessed it, not only did it NOT drop for me, but it dropped for him again, and they gave it to a DPS warrior that will never spec protection!! ( granted, he will use it for OTing, but I'm still very frustrated.)

I am a sad and angry panda at the same time, possibly doomed to be eternally stuck with the Crest of the Sha'tar.

I knew (yes knew past tense) how you feel, 4 months as a tank, every time i didn't go gruul the shield dropped, every time I didn't go kara the shield dropped, same ZA 2 shammys 2 holy pallys a shadow and a holy priest and a feral druid (incase he goes balance) have the smegging mace from the 2nd boss, they always in the other group that went and never my group, it became a matter of laughter in the guild.

Until this week, me and feral druid in group, 1st ever run to get timed chest of first boss, no warrior and the shoulders drop !!! omg iam happy so smegging happy, 2nd boss drops nowt we do halazzi next no good drop then dragon hawk's turn, we wipe a few time's then bamm he goes down and lone behold the shield drop's and i'am dancing round my front room like a madman. Raid caps, instance resets that night.

The next day i give my slot up for a feral druid come back after a night out and get teased by mates, yup you guessed it the dam mace dropped, my mate a mage really takes the micky i am not happy, they capped with 4 boss's down, cue tonight the warrior who went can't go connection is playing up so i get kidnapped
Hex lord goes down only our 2nd ever hex lord kill, raid moves onto Jin wipe after wipe after wipe after wipe, mage mate leaves as getting late and we already an hour past cap time, replacement is a rogue, after a few more wipe guild gets 1st ever Jin kill and lone behold the smegging sword has dropped the only other person who could of used it has left so i get it no questions asked.

So tonight i am one very happy paladin and bonus points for being able to tease my mate the mage back in the morning as he been telling me since the instance came out how much he wanted that sword.

Sorry for the wall of text but had to post it too show you there is light at the end of the tunnel you just got to wait it out sometimes.
If death comes to us all, then let it come to the DPS first ;)
Ajax

Postby Aurica » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:24 am

I know we are specialized for aoe tanking and I kinda accept that but..

Being assigned to tank two mobs that are the furthest from each other in a pack of 5, and being told I cannot use AS/RD to pull as I may pull to much to me....

Being given the wrong position to tank the hunter add in Fathom Lord Karathress fight, 5 people telling me to stand at different places and scolding me for it when I don't stand at the place the other 4 are telling me to even if we didn't wipe.

Being ignored and getting scolded when I cannot answer people on vent in time.

Getting scolded for putting consecration on the Murloc adds before the mage ice Novas them in a pack during Tidewalker encounter. After I followed their instructions, I get scolded AGAIN for not consecrating the murlocs before the mages Ice Nova.

Getting yelled at repeatedly like a 12 year old on vent during fights as if we do not know what to do. When we been there for the 4th time and is already doing what we are suppose to be doing.

Getting passed over the chance to Main-tank when the warrior MT is offline.
Aurica

Postby Lakirby » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:06 am

Moved guild last night, now half the people I considered friends on my server are not speaking to me. :(
<Shadows of Eternity> - Kilrogg EU - 5/5 MH 9/9 BT
Retiring 11/07/08 - Tanking to the bitter end.
Lakirby

Postby Warrender » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:54 am

There is an albatross around my neck. :(

Was never able to score a Maiden neck when we ran Kharazan and a total of zero FLK necks dropped the entire time we spent learning to clear SSC and TK. I really should suck it up and run Altazhan on our off-days but would rather level an alt or do anything else. So here I am stuck with this blue tanking neck from CE rep.

Doesn't Illidan have a nice neck reward for killing him? :(
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Ilara » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:30 am

My now ex guild Was a mess.

Joined 4 months ago, progress was solid, learning HKM fight, my entry saw thier best attempts into it yet and my ranged taunt saved us many a time. Wipes were still galore in a learning phase curve then. I myself was still actually crushable and pre-kara geared

Over the 4 months we progressed to TK, and ssc, nearly downing first bosses. Eventually I geared myself up in kara/2.3 when that came out.
Frustration grows with 15-20 of the raiders in friggin pvp spec/gear/not taking advantage of 2.3/whining about kara lewt.

Our offtank left a week ago. being third tank, I anticipated to move up to be secondary. looked forward to actually being able to participate.

Two nights ago, HKM time. Brand new warrior recruit selected by raid leading main tank to be secondary. I outgeared him by far. hell I am equal gear, if not better, to the main tank in question, and I'M the one put on the bench? why bother taking me at all - STILL?

5 wipes on maulgar. respawns up. MT/RL says for ppl who need, go repair. others were to wait.

I grabbed my two healer friends and remaining dps, clear the spawns myself.
Scolded for going without permission. (heaven forbid we save time after two hours of complete morons messing up the pulls...)
another wipe before finally beating him.
argument breaks out about specs and gears.
Abused by a priest in pre kara gear. apparently my strong drive to progress and getting all the 2.3 loot and suggesting maybe the other "raiders" should do the same makes me an idiot and a noob. MT also mutters a comment to similar effect.

Ray of hope time.
my mage buddy suddenly sends out of the blue.
Avakor Whispers: "maan, could really use a pally tank in SSC..."

To Avakor: "Want one? I'm suddenly guildless and awaiting new opportunity."

/gquit

I'm now happily looking forward to serving my new guild as opposed to being the raid pet.
Least the old one served to gear me up...

EDIT: oh and epic idea. frustrations venting thread ftw... I needed that... i feel better now...
Guillex wrote:chop chop slap chop slap slap /b/ fap fap.... gogo
Ilara

Postby Kivas » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:33 am

running shattered halls 2-3 times a day 4 days a week. Running w/ pugs, alts of alts of guildies, pretty much anyone i can find. ( 3 hunters and 68 resto shaman last night) and i have yet to see the trinket i need drop. THis is getting beyond annoying now, i think after looting kargath last night for the 3rd time after our Tk raid i almost started to cry :cry:
There is Only one true Form of PVP in Wow, It's the auction House.
Kivas

PreviousNext

Return to General