I never really feel quite right
I don't know why, all I know is there's something wrong
Every time I look at you, you seem so alive

Tell me how do you do it, walk me through it
I'm following every
~Mr Big
Bobu

Postby Vesper » Wed Jan 23, 2008 3:35 pm

Worldie wrote:I just wonder, did he know that there's nothing from pvp for a tank?

Plate tanks, maybe.
Vesper

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:17 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:My freaking spell checker won't let me spell Judgement.

That's because the correct accepted spelling is Judgment. WoW is full of the misspell for modern english.

Thank you Captain Obvious. :D
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby PsiVen » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:36 pm

Levantine wrote:Oh god. Why do I get this dreaded feeling that WotLK is going to kill the game for me.

Oddly enough I'm just trying to get by until WotLK comes out ;) At the rate Sunwell is going I'll probably be letting my subscription lapse for a month or two leading up to Wrath.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Kivas » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:02 am

DROP THAT FUCKING TRINKET KARGATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is getting recockulous
There is Only one true Form of PVP in Wow, It's the auction House.
Kivas

Postby Boudi » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:05 am

i am frustrated that playing WoW costs me money whilest Geekwars is for free :(

before you ask...i am attempting to be funny
Tanked: KZ(nightbane left), Nalorakk
Boudi

Postby BlackHand » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:18 am

Most frustrated because I can't seem to find decent healers in PUGs and/or the guild (the good ones allready have regular people they team up with) so any attempt to get my last 6 badges I need for the libram dies before it even starts. JUST 6 MORE!!! (2 UB or SP runs) I think I should pray more.

Today I'm entering Kara for the 2nd time. Again 1% away from uncrushability (and missing lots of stamina as I need to compensate the other 4% i'd get from the libram) and the word "fail" is the only one I can think of.
BlackHand

Postby Ilara » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:47 am

I come needing to vent after a rather humiliating night in SSC and TK...
feel free to completely ignore >.<

I find myself getting sick of having to prove myself week after week. I believe myself geared to the point I could run circles around them, yet I'm constantly overlooked and left til last thought.

VR attempt. I requested shaman in my group three times, and to go first to maximize my threat to its best potential.

No shammy
Warrior in first
No MDs to me.

And he goes off at me, "Well our other pally tank always stayed 4th"

I'm sitting here thinking...
"The other pally holds a 40 spell damage kings defender and didn't know what uncrushability value was until I taught him other day."

I feel I'm slowly burning out trying again and again to explain I'm not just some worthless fill in bot.

I'm genuinely into my tanking and want more than I'm being given. I've pushed it with the RL/MT, and I'm really not sure how much further I can push it before he just outright ignores me.

Barth is pretty full on pally tanks. I fear if I risk looking for another placement I'll be left high and dry, I'm ready for BT/HJ, I don't wanna go backwards...
That and I've made a handful of good friends here I'm loyal to.

I take failures on my part really personally, I found my effort on VR especially depressing, yet I don't know what I could have done to improve it when my base helping features weren't attended in the first place.

-Again, ta for the vent forum. I needed it >.<
Guillex wrote:chop chop slap chop slap slap /b/ fap fap.... gogo
Ilara

Postby Beltaine » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:12 am

Last night I found out how the term "huntard" was coined.

Daily regular instance (not ready for heroics yet) last night was Botanica. Again. After having a miserable time in there the night before I thought I'd give it another shot, so I queue up the LFG tool and go repair and buy supplies.

In about 10 minutes I get a whisper from a druid healer looking for a tank. I accept the invite and when my unit frames come up for the group I'm floored.

Druid with ~8k hp, Rogue ~9k, And two hunters with ~12k HP... I have 10k.

When I get the summon I see why. The hunters are decked out in S2-S3 Arena gear. (This can't be good)

So we zone into Bot and the clusterf*** begins. I start with BoSalv on EVERYBODY. Then the hunters whine wanting Wisdom. So I comply, and I no longer have threat control over anything.

After 3 pulls this way, BoSalv goes back and I explain why.

3 more pulls and I have more threat control but the hunters are still peeling off individual mobs from me. Then they start with the damage meters trying to out dps each other.

By the time we hit the first boss, The druid and I try to talk some sense into them, I'm pretty sure the druid was having a manic time trying to heal me and 2 hunters.

Surprisingly we downed the entire instance. And only 1 TPW happened when I pulled one group of demons and one of the hunters pulled the other group at the same time >.<

I'll take the W for the instance and the daily, it wasn't from skill though, just sheer DPS. I just wish the shoulders had dropped while I was there.
<insert armory sig here>
<witty comment here>
Beltaine

Postby Warrender » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:15 am

RNG loot bites me in the ass again for another week. :cry:
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby eia » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:47 am

Amirya wrote:[...]
New Frustration: Fire mages who can't control their aggro. Only thing worse than that is TWO of them who can't control their aggro.

Please, for the love of my sanity, DON'T cast a pyroblast so it slams into the mob moments before my shield bangs them in the head, and especially DON'T go doing it to the mobs who didn't get hit with the AS!

And really, if you MUST have aggro, and you find out you are dying, please see this new thing that Blizz gave to all mages. It's called Ice Block.

/cast Angry Snarl

I have a very simple solution for that kind of behaviour.
"If you pull it, you tank it"

The people I run with either learn after a couple of deaths, or just laugh at it. ;)
"It takes two to cuddle."
eia

Postby sapientialb » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:33 am

I learned the hard way last night that having a horrid shadow-specced priest healer who couldn't find the greater heal buttons when I was Mortal Striked and a frost mage that can't find his AOE buttons does not go so well with trying to aoe tank stuff.

"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
sapientialb

Postby fiorina » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:16 am

Sabindeus wrote:That's because the correct accepted spelling is Judgment. WoW is full of the misspell for modern english.

WoW is using British English, no? Which is "real" English AFAIK. And it suits more into fantasy world
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby jere » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:21 am

fiorina wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:That's because the correct accepted spelling is Judgment. WoW is full of the misspell for modern english.

WoW is using British English, no? Which is "real" English AFAIK. And it suits more into fantasy world

I don't think it is using British English specifically, or else I would have expected to see more "u" letters inserted in some words like color, etc. Everything on my end reads in primarily American English unless it is for a character's personality (pirates for example)
jere

Postby Robbo » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:13 pm

I'm tired of my GM's switching melee dps out on fights like Prince and Curator because "Its too hard for melee right now, when our ranged is geared enough, they can come"

Give the rogues/warriors a chance man.

=\
Robbo
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General