Remove Advertisements

2.1 first Impressions

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Lore » Thu May 24, 2007 8:09 am

Here's my impressions thus far. I've done TK (trash up to Solarian and a bunch of wipes, they really screwed with that encounter), and a heroic Slave Pens since the patch.

TK is much much nicer. There seem to be a lot less random silences going around, which constitutes most of the trash in there. The mana burning trash and the lol14k trash are still bad, but we also had 7 epic drops on the way to Solarian so I don't feel too bad. Hell, we were considering soft resetting the instance and clearing all the trash we were get to, epics were dropping like candy :P

I had absolutely no mana issues in TK, even when spamming consecrate. Also, some of the trash has been heavily nerfed to where a Paladin tank is pretty nice - we were pulling 2 groups at a time and I'd just AOE tank them all (with other tanks picking up whatever). It was a lot of fun.

Heroic Slave Pens I did notice some mana issues where I wouldn't have had them before, but I was able to just put on spell damage gear and let the DPS kill things faster. Not really a big issue. Run went quite well, imp HS plus 4-piece Justicar meant every block was worth around 640 threat :D I was able to hold aggro with no salv at all on the rogue, druid, and hunter that were DPS'ing.

Well, except for the first 4 pulls which I did without RF up. But we won't discuss that >.>
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Gehrond » Thu May 24, 2007 8:32 am

Lore wrote:Well, except for the first 4 pulls which I did without RF up. But we won't discuss that >.>

I swear they need to make that a secondary aura. Not something in place of current auras, but an additional aura with a yes/no switch on it.

>.<
Gehrond

Postby Kathryn » Thu May 24, 2007 8:33 am

Wich piece you ditch when wearing 4 T4? Pants?
Kathryn

Postby Arcand » Thu May 24, 2007 8:37 am

Lore wrote:Well, except for the first 4 pulls which I did without RF up. But we won't discuss that >.>

Whoa! (Righteous Defense)
Dammit... (Hammer of Justice)
$%&@#! (Blessing of Protection)

omg it's happened, the DPS have geared past me and I can't hold aggro anymore. It's all over, damn you Blizzard.

Oh.

(Righteous Fury)

/flawlessrun
Arcand

Postby Alixander » Thu May 24, 2007 8:42 am

Arcand wrote:Whoa! (Righteous Defense)

omg it's happened, the DPS have geared past me and I can't hold aggro anymore. It's all over, damn you Blizzard.

Oh.

(Righteous Fury)

/flawlessrun
I'm just very thankful that the animation for Righteous Fury isn't big and flashy, showing off that we forgot to cast it when we do cast it 4 pulls into a run. >.>
Alixander

Postby Lore » Thu May 24, 2007 8:56 am

Kathryn wrote:Wich piece you ditch when wearing 4 T4? Pants?

Normally I only wear two pieces, the helm and shoulders. I have the gloves and pants that I swap on for 4-piece. Hoping to get the chest soon, we've been having pretty bad luck with paladin/rogue/shaman tokens.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Thu May 24, 2007 8:57 am

Alixander wrote:

Oh.

(Righteous Fury)

/flawlessrun
I'm just very thankful that the animation for Righteous Fury isn't big and flashy, showing off that we forgot to cast it when we do cast it 4 pulls into a run. >.>

Yeah, after a pull where the druid died, I tried to quietly hit RF off to the side... he noticed >_<
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Thels » Fri May 25, 2007 12:49 am

I respecced from 0/38/23 to 0/49/12 yesterday, just prior of going Maggy. I was on the 1st add, so I basically had to nuke it ASAP, so the rest could nuke it too. With the right consumables I was able to keep up the aggro, but in the meantime I was hardly receiving any damage whatsoever, so by the time the 1st add was down, I was pretty much oom.

Wasn't that much of a problem, as from there on, I'm mostly pulling the infernals on me left and right, which doesn't need a lot of mana, but if I'd have to tank that mob a while longer, I'd have serious mana problems.

I still got quite a wishlist from Karazhan, and looted no tanking gear whatsoever in 25 mans, so there should be no reason for me to downgear, should there?

The gear upgrades are nice. I picked up the Heroic Badges helm right after the patch, and put the KoT enchant, 12 sta jewel and 18 sta metajewel in there. Also equipped the Vambraces from Huntsman that were in my bank. Put in an Enduring Talasite from now, since our AH is completely void of Stars of Elune (Though there are loads of cut Stars of Elune for ridiculously low prices... Can't people stop cutting these into something else than a Solid Star of Elune? :S).

Together with gear upgrades in general it allowed me to replace the block trinket from Kargath with the 36 sta Violet Badge being a nice alternative for now. I'm also this close to replacing my Libram of Repentance, as it only adds less than 2% before topping the 102.4%.

So far I'm liking the patch. I just gotta relearn my aggro control a bit.
ImageImage
Thels

Postby Fridmarr » Fri May 25, 2007 10:39 am

Lore wrote:
Alixander wrote:

Oh.

(Righteous Fury)

/flawlessrun

Yeah, after a pull where the druid died, I tried to quietly hit RF off to the side... he noticed >_<

Yeah last night, I let RF fall which is particularly embarassing since I use a mod that plays a sound, displays a big obnoxious message, and puts a message in my chat log 30 seconds before it is going to expire. Never mind that I have the buff itself displayed on my toon's ass, so there's no way I should not see that it dropped. Of all things, a ret pally pulled aggro and died on trash..../blush
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Sabindeus » Fri May 25, 2007 11:32 am

Arcand wrote:

Whoa! (Righteous Defense)

Oh.

(Righteous Fury)

/flawlessrun

LOL @ this because I've totally had that exact same monologue in my head
Sabindeus

Postby Lore » Fri May 25, 2007 12:32 pm

It happens to me at least once on every 5man I run, I'm pretty sure.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Dorvan » Fri May 25, 2007 12:37 pm

Lore wrote:It happens to me at least once on every 5man I run, I'm pretty sure.

Indeed, I was going to say it's a Tankadin rite of passage, but that would imply that it's a one-time thing :P
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Lorath » Sun May 27, 2007 4:04 am

My experiences;
Kara MT, I need to drink more between trash pulls now. Basically every pull. Drink drink drink. They think I'm addicted... :/

Normal 5man... uh I ended up swapping many items to mail healer gear with mp5 just so I could take damage :/

Overall imho 2.1 SA nerf is outright fecking horrible and I suffer immensly. :(
Lorath, Human 80 Swedish Viking Tankadin, EU Bloodhoof
www.kingsandaces.eu
Lorath

Postby Lore » Mon May 28, 2007 9:19 am

Lorath wrote:My experiences;
Kara MT, I need to drink more between trash pulls now. Basically every pull. Drink drink drink. They think I'm addicted... :/

Normal 5man... uh I ended up swapping many items to mail healer gear with mp5 just so I could take damage :/

Overall imho 2.1 SA nerf is outright fecking horrible and I suffer immensly. :(

I would anticipate that you're spending a lot more mana than you need to to hold aggro.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Lorath » Tue May 29, 2007 2:48 am

Probably, I'm kinda full throttle in Kara, that's when we are at our best imo. Or were... only Blizzard in their infinite wisdom can design a tanking class that requires taking alot of damage in order to function. Somehow they think taking more damage and boosting threat is better than letting us avoid the damage. Why the shadowpriest/holypala nerf-fix spilled over to hurt Tankadins is just the way Blizzard works.
I've always drunk lots of water but after 2.1 it's ridiculous. :cry:
Lorath, Human 80 Swedish Viking Tankadin, EU Bloodhoof
www.kingsandaces.eu
Lorath

PreviousNext

Return to General