Remove Advertisements

2.1 first Impressions

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

2.1 first Impressions

Postby Dorvan » Tue May 22, 2007 1:25 pm

This is a random collection of initial 2.1 impressions with no particular order or structure:

-- Having player health/mana numbers visible in the default party UI is a welcome is overdue change

-- "Cooldown timers" of buffs and debuffs are incredibly useful. you can now tell at a glance how long your taunt debuff has left, how long your HoJ is going to last, whether your judgment is refreshing, and more...great change Also, for those without a buff mod you can easily get a quick visual on how much time you party members have or your buffs, if even makes icons of buffs cast by you larger than the others.

-- As far as AoE grinding, th ogre area has at least 2 new kinds of mobs that are great for it, and both both shards that seem to be the currency of the area.

-- Also along those lines, fixing the instant cast bug has made a notciable improvement in the effectiveness of my Ancient Lichen Guard since I can still block when the poison proc goes off

new flask to consider for Gruul's Lair only (form ogre quest area): 30 stam/20 agi/20 str, that works out to about 350 HP and .8% avoidance vs. 500 HP and .5% avoidance from Flask of the Fortification. Fortification is still better imo, but it's worth considering.

Ok, I've landed in Shat, I'll update with more later.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Eloff » Tue May 22, 2007 2:47 pm

The group of people still stuck at work (namely, me...) appreciate the feedback. A 2pm -10pm shift is not condusive to playing WoW...
"With your shield or on it" - Spartan Code of Conduct

Eloff

Postby Alixander » Tue May 22, 2007 2:55 pm

new flask to consider for Gruul's Lair only (form ogre quest area): 30 stam/20 agi/20 str, that works out to about 350 HP and .8% avoidance vs. 500 HP and .5% avoidance from Flask of the Fortification. Fortification is still better imo, but it's worth considering.
What about the Unstable Flask of the Sorcerer or Unstable Flask of the Elder: +20 Int +8 MP5 +30 Sta?
Alixander

Postby Lore » Tue May 22, 2007 3:13 pm

I very much like the unstable flask of the sorceror, wish I could use it someplace other than gruul's lair
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Everlight » Tue May 22, 2007 4:12 pm

First impressions:

- Glad that my UI mostly worked.
- Tankatronic helm OWNS. Like, seriously owns. Better than Tier 6 kinda owns.
- Itemization upgrades from Kara epics are very sweet. Once I finally get my Libram (not long now), I'll be uncrushable in my regular tanking gear (ie, with no gear swapouts and no consumables).
- New Imp HS is nice. I'm not so sure on the new 1H Spec though.

I'm still concerned with the SA changes. I'll be doing some normal instances tonight, we'll see how the mana goes...
Everlight

Postby Caerdwynn » Tue May 22, 2007 4:25 pm

Here're mine:

- Egbert rocks. Nuff said.
- Nice to finally have useful t4 gear (gloves) for tanking.
- Was also nice to log in and be almost 2% over uncrushable in the same gear as yesterday.
- I cannot explain how insane my TPS can get. I was amazed to see it break 1600 on a 5 pull in SH. Time to dump some spelldamage ;)

~Caer
Caerdwynn

Postby Jensaarai » Tue May 22, 2007 4:45 pm

Libram of Repentance seems to be slighty buffed. 42 rating now, I believe, buff of ~.26% (5.33% I think now)

So far I like the changes...server went down but we'll see how Kara goes with Spiritual Attunement, my only fear...
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Shallira » Tue May 22, 2007 4:48 pm

Well, as for Spiritual Attunement in Karazhan... I'm having issues where I had none before. I wanna tank all of the Attumen mobs at once just to get some decent mana (I'm having to hold back on consecrates like... a lot). I'll figure it out at some point I'm sure - but right now, it's annoying.

To top if off though, my server is bugged and we can't do anything anyway. >.>
Shallira

hrm

Postby Mavrix » Tue May 22, 2007 5:04 pm

From the looks of things on the surface, I'm pleased with the itemization buffing. Looking forward to trying some spec changes as well as how the patch changes work in action tonight. Not looking forward to the SA nerf - hopefully my spec alterations improve threat to enough of an extent that I can either a) downrank HS/consecrate to be more mana efficient or 2) have to use less frequent special moves and fewer consecrates to maintain adequate threat ceiling to conserve mana . . . or both.
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Postby Joanadark » Tue May 22, 2007 9:45 pm

note that the Righteous Defense macro no longer works any more due to changes in the scripting commands.

the new, updated version which you should replace your current macro with is the following:

Code: Select all
/cast [help][target=targettarget, help] Righteous Defense
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Dorvan » Tue May 22, 2007 11:00 pm

Joanadark wrote:note that the Righteous Defense macro no longer works any more due to changes in the scripting commands.

the new, updated version which you should replace your current macro with is the following:

It seemed to work fine for me tonight, what changed?
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Liadrin » Tue May 22, 2007 11:20 pm

Dorvan wrote:
Joanadark wrote:note that the Righteous Defense macro no longer works any more due to changes in the scripting commands.

It seemed to work fine for me tonight, what changed?

Yeah I had no problems with my macro.
Liadrin

Postby Jensaarai » Wed May 23, 2007 6:44 am

Well, I was right, spiritual attunement blows. Tanking one or two or sometimes three mobs just isn't enough in the beginning of the instance, with the gear buffs I take no damage...attumen I had threat problems but I'm pretty sure it's because they changed the curse (I think) from melee hit to melee AND spell hit >.< and I didn't notice fast enough, and all my judgements/exorcisms/etc were getting resisted /sigh

Moroes I was also oom. He just didn't hit me enough. I was using r4 consecrate (290 mana), I think it was doing around 52-57 damage.

Consecrate got fucked...SoV is pretty much the same...even with the new 1H spec my SoR is pretty much the same, and my SoV seems to tick for about the same, too.

I had less problems on Maiden and Romulo, and pretty much no problems on Curator...so I'm hoping it's just a gearing problem, and by the time I get to the end of the instance I'll be getting hit "hard" enough to actually get some mana.

/sigh

Screw you Blizzard.
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby lethario » Wed May 23, 2007 7:17 am

No instances for me yet, we'll see how BM goes tonight.

I specced into both Imp. SoR and 1H spec. and didn't notice much of a difference. A little disappointing because I gave up a little bit of mitigation to do it.

Gotta go find that new sword.

Caer, I'm probably missing something but - who/what's Eggbert?
Last edited by lethario on Wed May 23, 2007 7:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
lethario

Postby Gehrond » Wed May 23, 2007 7:19 am

Odd, I haven't seen as many problems as others. My only mana issues last night were between pulls.

Do you use different gear for trash vs. bosses? I'm pretty crushable in my trash gear (not that it matters, of course), heck it's one step up from my 5-man gear. I think I'm wearing 3/5 righteous for my trash gear in kara. 1.2K more mana, 40ish more spell damamge, ~300 less health.
Gehrond

Next

Return to General