Remove Advertisements

Hello Fellow Tankadins

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Hello Fellow Tankadins

Postby Bereid » Mon May 21, 2007 7:12 pm

I've been browsing this forum for about 2-3 months now and i finally decided to register and start posting >< Just wanted to say what a great resource and help it's been. I finally decided to go prot about a month ago and i'd like to think i'm slowly getting there. Still have alot of upgrades to get like the libram, righteous shoulders, blocking trinket etc. I've ran bot about 10 times still no luck on the shoulders so i'm starting to branch out to other runs.

The best part about being prot is the random comments you get like "your better than most warriors i've grouped with" or "your not like most prot pallies" :P I also love doing it b/c of all the neigh sayers claiming we can't tank anything above a 5 man non heroic.

With that being said i have one queston. At my current gear status do you think it would be wise for me to take a OT spot in Kara this week or hold off another week or so till i get my crushing down alot lower? No way in hell i would think of MTing it with this gear but would OTing it be viable?

*note* depending on the gear i log out in, i either have a full sta set with 11k hp and about 13% crushed (yea i know real bad) or a 10.4k set with 8% crush. I would probally have to wear the 2nd set if i we're to try to OT correct?
Bereid

Postby Saladin » Tue May 22, 2007 2:48 am

I have OT'd in kara for a few nights with 10.5k hp.. 12k armor and 5-7% crushed >.< .. really not a problem if your healers are competent ... they make up for your lack of uncrushability.. but the biggest problem as an off tank is that once your outa mana you're done.. HOT's help .. and wisdom/judgement of wisdom help but its really hard to keep up on aggro if you have a high dps group... or if the MT needs a lota heals

take it as you will .. on bosses that require two tanks i think a pally is better suited to MT if your healers can handle it .. because of mana
Saladin

Re: Hello Fellow Tankadins

Postby Everlight » Tue May 22, 2007 3:09 am

Bereid wrote:With that being said i have one queston. At my current gear status do you think it would be wise for me to take a OT spot in Kara this week or hold off another week or so till i get my crushing down alot lower? No way in hell i would think of MTing it with this gear but would OTing it be viable?

Link your armory.
Everlight

Postby Bereid » Wed May 23, 2007 1:51 pm

Yea i updated my sig after i posted that so i figured it would update on the post so i guess not. Anyway, our healers are pretty good so that's why i figured i could give it a shot ><
Bereid

Return to General