Wyndforge.com Paladin Screenshot Contest - WINNER!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Wyndforge.com Paladin Screenshot Contest - WINNER!

Postby Wyndforge » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:23 pm

Hey everyone,

Thanks again for everyone who participated in the screenshot contest. There were MANY amazing shots, and for a couple of days I was literally stuck and could not pick a winner. So I got friends together to get their initial reactions when I "flashed" the images to their face, and in the end... there stood one.

First of all, let's look at the runner ups!

THE RUNNER UPS

KHEPERA:
I loved this one from Khepera. You take one look at it and it says boldly "THIS IS A PALADIN". The composition and colors - all work well together. Nice job!

PALAFIX:
Then there was this one from Palafix. This one looked almost angelic! Really like the contrasting colors of her armor and effects vs. the shadowy background.

INVISURA:
Was there any doubt that Invisura's would make it into at least the top 3 or 2? This one of her paladin staring across the gates of the abyss - all so dramatic and even epic. It was my favorite for a while, but alas, there was one that was just too good to pass up.

And now for the winner...
Drum Roll
MITHOS

Congratulations Mithos!

And now I'll tell you why he won. When I look at the other runner ups, I think: "Nice! That's a great shot of a Paladin from World of Warcraft."

But when I look at Mithos's picture, I think "Wow. That is a great shot. Period." That image of a warrior in full regalia, with his weapon shining through the already vibrant flames was just too cool. It looks like he stepped into hell, kicked ass, took some names, and then calmly walked away daring anyone and anything to try and touch him. To me, THAT'S what makes a great screenshot, when it can tell you an entire story with just one look.

So once again, congrats to Mithos and thanks to everyone who participated! I'll post up Mithos's picture back in these forums when it's done.

(Mithos - please contact me via my contact link on www.Wyndforge.com to schedule your shoot)

Cheers!
Wynd
Wyndforge

Postby Archeus » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:27 pm

congratulations mithos :3
Archeus

Postby Dunkan » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:01 pm

Kewl, grats Mithos.
Khaz'goroth Oceanic
Dunkan

Postby Khepera » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:15 pm

Congratulations to the runner ups, and Congratulation Mithos
Khepera

Re: Wyndforge.com Paladin Screenshot Contest - WINNER!

Postby Oramac » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:03 pm

Wyndforge wrote:Image

THIS is why i made my paladin. The idea of a holy warrior stepping into hell and kickin ass in the name of God is the reason Oramac exists. I was ret from day one, and will always be ret at heart and this screen exemplifies that. good choice!

edit: also, is there possibly a super-duper high res version of that screen? i'd like to make it my wallpaper but have a rule that i wont use low[er] res pics.
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby Ignus » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:49 pm

I figured out how to make that picture, and it kinda kills it ^.~ that's the forge in shat'trah XD
If you invest all of your talents, all of your gear, all of your knowledge and skill into tanking, you should be the best tank.
Ignus
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:40 am

WAY TO SPOIL THE ILLUSION IGNUS! /snub
Levantine

Postby Mellichae » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:56 am

Grats mate. It truly is a great shot.
ImageImage
Mellichae

Postby Maliance » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:47 am

Ignus wrote:I figured out how to make that picture, and it kinda kills it ^.~ that's the forge in shat'trah XD
I thought it was RFC :o
Anyways gz I guess
Maliance

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:49 am

hawt

LITERALLY, lawl
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Warrender » Thu Dec 27, 2007 8:59 am

Oramac wrote:THIS is why i made my paladin. The idea of a holy warrior stepping into hell and kickin ass in the name of God is the reason Oramac exists. I was ret from day one, and will always be ret at heart and this screen exemplifies that.

How so? Isn't that a Thunderfury in his hands? Hardly a Ret weapon.

Either way, great choice for the winner. I'm sure it wasn't easy choosing from so many quality entries.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:09 am

Warrender wrote:
Oramac wrote:THIS is why i made my paladin. The idea of a holy warrior stepping into hell and kickin ass in the name of God is the reason Oramac exists. I was ret from day one, and will always be ret at heart and this screen exemplifies that.

Either way, great choice for the winner. I'm sure it wasn't easy choosing from so many quality entries.

Well... you could say at the time Thunderfury was important it was equally good for Ret as any other spec.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Aevie » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:19 am

Great shots all around, congrats to those who participated and thank you for sharing with us :]

<3
Aevie
Aevie

Postby Oramac » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:45 am

Warrender wrote:

now that you mention it, it is a TF. from that angle it looks an aweful lot like a Polearm i've seen people running around with. i think i mistook it for that. either way, still a badass screen
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby corc » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:46 pm

Warrender wrote:

TF is big enough to be a 2Her, let him dream :D
Dwarf Pali on Ner'Zhul
"Mostly Harmless"
corc

Next

Return to General