Remove Advertisements

What is Potential

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

What is Potential

Postby Kitejr » Mon May 21, 2007 10:12 am

What is Potential?

Potential is something that is within all of us just how a boulder rolling down a hill has the potential to roll faster.

Our power grows with potential it is potential that drives us to do great things as our power grows so does our potential. The Police never judge a person on power but his potential to gain more power.

People never seek a goal because they have the power to do it but only because we could possibly potentially do it that is what drives us to gain power because the potential to gain more power increases. Mathematically as human beings we are limited.

But potentially we are limitless in what we can do.

As paladins our persistence is godly we have always been the underdogs but as time passes we are slowly being rewarded do not give up persistence and careful thinking is a prot paladin best trait our power for the moment is weak but as other have shown our potential for power will surpass a warriors in time.
Kitejr

Postby Lore » Mon May 21, 2007 10:29 am

Man, there should be one of those inspirational posters, with a picture of a Paladin bubble-hearthing in the middle of some large explosion or something. POTENTIAL - 12 Seconds Is All I Need.
Lore
Global Mod

Re: What is Potential

Postby Alixander » Mon May 21, 2007 10:50 am

Kitejr wrote:...but as other have shown our potential for power will surpass a warriors in time.
I'd just like to point out that I don't think surpassing warriors should be a paladin's goal. We know the pain of being denied the chance to do what we love, because someone higher-up in our guild decided that "Paladins can't tank." or "Paladins are better off healing." Do you want to do that to warriors? Yes, some of them put us down because they are afraid of us taking their slot in raids, but not all warriors are like that. I believe, and always have believed that paladins, warriors and druids should all be generally equal in tanking, each one with a specialty.
Alixander

About the end

Postby Kitejr » Mon May 21, 2007 11:23 am

I believe all tanks should be equal as well but in time paladins may become as powerful or more powerful than warriors we have 1k less hp buffed In tier gear but we should be able to survive the hits and with tier gear have the sustained threat of a warrior with the advantage of burst threat

edit: sorry I am horrible at making points what I am trying to say is once the gear gets better with a bit of help from blizzard the gap will start to close we will reach a point where paladin will have about 1k hp less than a warrior but will have the hp to be viable for the encounter if tier gear keeps improving we will reach a point where we will have the sustained threat at warrior levels and beyond while also having the advantage of burst threat
Kitejr

Re: What is Potential

Postby Lorath » Tue May 22, 2007 8:57 am

Alixander wrote:I believe, and always have believed that paladins, warriors and druids should all be generally equal in tanking, each one with a specialty.

Well spoken, I fully agree.

We're not gonna surpass warriors in anything but our speciality niches, like burst threat. The health gap isn't shrinking mate, rather the opposite.
Lorath, Human 80 Swedish Viking Tankadin, EU Bloodhoof
www.kingsandaces.eu
Lorath

Postby Joanadark » Tue May 22, 2007 11:44 am

Boss X in Black Citadel is a demon that takes double damage from Holy and is immune to sunder and taunt, requiring a Pally to tank him.

Or will Boss X instead have 10 elite adds that need to be tanked while you fight him, meaning you have to have a Pally to tank most of the adds.

Or will Pallies be a viable tank on thier own able to tank Boss X who is just a big beast who hits hard.

this is the real question.
Arkham's Razor: a theory which states the simplest explaination tends to lead to Cthulu.
Joanadark

Postby Alixander » Tue May 22, 2007 11:52 am

Another fight type that could be designed is two or more bosses that share aggro. With paladins being pretty much the kings of multi-target tanking, we would be required for a fight like that. Let's see a warrior keep shield block up vs. that many hits.
Alixander

Return to General