Remove Advertisements

2 Seal Questions

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Alixander » Thu May 17, 2007 2:03 pm

jere wrote:If it helps I have tested multiple paladin SoV attacks before. I don't know for sure how the threat is attributed but I did find that:

1. If I started the first proc, all the Holy Vengeance ticks showed up in my combat log for me and it showed on scrolling combat text.

2. If I let the other paladin start it but I added stacks to it, then I never saw a single holy vengeance tick, even though my combat log said I applied holy vengeance to the mob.

So it looks like at least the dmg is attributed to the one who starts the stacks, and I assume the threat with it.

However, both of us could Judge SoV for our own dmg/threat regardless.
I've never been much for theoretical evidence. What you say makes sense, and it's probably correct, but I want it conclusively tested. I'm probably going to be busy tonight, so I doubt I'll be able to test it, but tomorrow night I should be free and I can grab my 0/20/41 Ret pally guild leader to test it out with me. If we're right, and this is how it works, this could easily be the best justification to bring a Ret Paladin to melee in raids.

Sabindeus wrote:All I meant was that I haven't seen anyone actually try having a secondary paladin maintain a Vengeance stack that belongs to the MT Paladin, who is ostensibly using some other seal (Righteousness). I would want to see if it could work for uber wtf threat.
Ah, understood. But yeah, if it works, think about it... we'll be able to spend even less points on stuff like +spell damage, since our threat will go even higher. We'll be able to spend it on even more +STA. :twisted:
Alixander

Postby jere » Thu May 17, 2007 2:06 pm

Alixander wrote:I've never been much for theoretical evidence. What you say makes sense, and it's probably correct, but I want it conclusively tested. I'm probably going to be busy tonight, so I doubt I'll be able to test it, but tomorrow night I should be free and I can grab my 0/20/41 Ret pally guild leader to test it out with me. If we're right, and this is how it works, this could easily be the best justification to bring a Ret Paladin to melee in raids.

I am a bit confused...how is my testing theoretical? I was checking the combat log.
jere

Postby Alixander » Thu May 17, 2007 2:09 pm

By that I meant that you didn't test it to see if it worked that way. You have facts: It's in your combat log when you start it. It's not in your combat log when others start it. And correlating it with the idea that damage is being associated with to you or not to you. The threat aspect of it was not being tested.
Alixander

Postby jere » Thu May 17, 2007 3:38 pm

Alixander wrote:By that I meant that you didn't test it to see if it worked that way. You have facts: It's in your combat log when you start it. It's not in your combat log when others start it. And correlating it with the idea that damage is being associated with to you or not to you. The threat aspect of it was not being tested.

Ahh, I gotcha. I thought you were referring to the damage portion of my testing as theoretical. You meant the comment I made about expecting the threat to be tied to the damage.

Since I was only testing who got the damage, your statement confused me. I never intended to test the threat at all, so that is why your statement confused me. I thought you meant my damage testing.
jere

Previous

Return to General