Remove Advertisements

Stealth Nerf During Maintenance?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Stealth Nerf During Maintenance?

Postby Tybalt » Wed May 16, 2007 1:19 am

Anyone else noticing a difference in their 102.4%? On Monday, with just Kings up and Holy Shield active, tankpoints listed a .06% chance to be crushed (easily covered by GotW). I logged in Tuesday after the maintenance, wearing the same gear with the same buffs, and I have a 2.58% chance to be crushed.

I can't find anything obvious that would explain it (the tankpoints settings are all the same). I tried un-equipping and re-equipping all of my gear and nothing changed. I even tried restarting WoW. Has anyone else noticed anything?

You can see my gear exactly as I had it in my armory profile. (Tybalt on Perenolde)

Thanks,

-Ty
Tybalt

Postby Dorvan » Wed May 16, 2007 2:47 am

For what it's worth, I have you at about 2.6% crushable in your current gear. I haven't noticed any similar change in crushability myself (just raided Kara tonight), so I'm not sure what could account for the difference you've described.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Everlight » Wed May 16, 2007 3:43 am

In version 2.6.0 of TankPoints, the avoidance bug has been fixed.

http://zentanking.blogspot.com/2007/05/ ... n-260.html
Everlight

Postby Dorvan » Wed May 16, 2007 4:10 am

Everlight wrote:In version 2.6.0 of TankPoints, the avoidance bug has been fixed.

http://zentanking.blogspot.com/2007/05/ ... n-260.html

Ah, thanks for the heads up on this...I'm glad to be able to give TankPoints an unqualified recommendation now
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Tybalt » Wed May 16, 2007 10:11 am

Well, I figured it out...

I didn't realize my aceupdater installed a new version of tankpoints. What I was previously seeing was an older version of tankpoints that did not reduce the b/d/p ratings for mobs over lvl 70 appropriately. It sucks, as now I'll have to swap out the Living Ruby Serpent trinket for Dabri's Enigma to reach uncrushable status.

Oh well.

-Ty
Tybalt

Postby Lore » Wed May 16, 2007 10:46 am

This is why I just use my character sheet and a calculator :P
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Dorvan » Wed May 16, 2007 10:51 am

Lore wrote:This is why I just use my character sheet and a calculator :P

Yup, there's no substitute for crunching the numbers yourself if you want to be sure of things :-)
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Fridmarr » Wed May 16, 2007 11:33 am

Ok, does anyone else suffer from the character sheet being wrong problem?

If you look at my armory right now http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/?#cha ... n=Fridmarr this is the information that is in my in game character sheet. However, it is wrong.

If I take all that gear off and put it back on, I gain some defense and some avoidance. I forget the exact numbers because I got some new boots, but it use to be that my character sheet would show 499 def (like it is now) and then after I cycled my gear it would show 506 def, plus some more aviodance. I was told this was because of an enchant not being counted properly, like the Keepers of Time head enchant, but I haven't been able to confirm it. I end up having to check my character sheet before each boss I'm going to tank and cycling my gear if it is wrong. It is kind of annoying.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Wed May 16, 2007 11:34 am

Fridmarr wrote:

Ok, does anyone else suffer from the character sheet being wrong problem?

If you look at my armory right now http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/?#cha ... n=Fridmarr this is the information that is in my in game character sheet. However, it is wrong.

If I take all that gear off and put it back on, I gain some defense and some avoidance. I forget the exact numbers because I got some new boots, but it use to be that my character sheet would show 499 def (like it is now) and then after I cycled my gear it would show 506 def, plus some more aviodance. I was told this was because of an enchant not being counted properly, like the Keepers of Time head enchant, but I haven't been able to confirm it. I end up having to check my character sheet before each boss I'm going to tank and cycling my gear if it is wrong. It is kind of annoying.

Yep, it's a known bug. I have itemrack, I just swap into healing gear and swap back real quick before I add up the numbers.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Fridmarr » Wed May 16, 2007 11:50 am

Lore wrote:Yep, it's a known bug. I have itemrack, I just swap into healing gear and swap back real quick before I add up the numbers.

Yeah I love itemrack. The thing is, I've tried to manually swap items trying to figure out what the culprit might be, but that doesn't seem to flush it out.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Wed May 16, 2007 12:00 pm

My most common offenders are my legs and helm. Usually my legs.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Aergis » Wed May 16, 2007 12:01 pm

The thing is, I've tried to manually swap items trying to figure out what the culprit might be, but that doesn't seem to flush it out.

Caverns of Time "Glyph of the Defender" enchant on whatever helm you have. Though rumor is it is a display issue only, and the actual avoidance + defense isn't affected, just what is displayed to your character sheet.
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby Torakka » Wed May 16, 2007 12:11 pm

In fact just casting Holy Shield will put those numbers as they should be.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... /ezarioth/ -retired, maybe this time for real...
Torakka

Postby Everlight » Wed May 16, 2007 3:25 pm

Tybalt wrote:It sucks, as now I'll have to swap out the Living Ruby Serpent trinket for Dabri's Enigma to reach uncrushable status.

The other way of looking at it is that you were never uncrushable to begin with, and the change is now telling you this :)

I had the same thing. I thought I was nice and uncrushable, stepped into Kara, then on looking through Recap got suspicious and did some diagnosis...

Wasn't pleased because I had to rejig some gear.
Everlight

Return to General