I suppose I should say hi.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

I suppose I should say hi.

Postby Joanadark » Fri May 11, 2007 11:41 pm

Hello everyone.

I want to thank those of you who have read and talked about my words on the paladin class forums. It's truely humbling to post an innocuously titled thread with some theorycraft and log on the next day and discover I'm suddenly being linked on several different blogs and (amusingly, though it rather shocked me) with a whole flock of new posts parroting my ideas, often wildly innaccurately.

Regardless, I am kind of in a daze these past few days, but I want to express my heartfelt gratitude for the messages of support, but most especially the open analysis of the points I brought up among your peers without involving me at all.
Good ideas should and do spread and perpetuate simply because they make sense.

So anyway, now I've gotten my degenerate gush out of the way...

I'm Brekke.
The character I use most often to post with, for the sake of continuity and consistancy, is Joanadark.
I also played a troll shaman originally.

My alliance hail from Spirestone PvP, U.S. which is sort of a backwater, yet at the same time known for its incredibly...well....unique community. Oddly, despite being fairly backward as a server progression-wise, spirestone has some fairly extensive ties with some of the cutting edge US guilds, notably D&T, who's warlock Blunted, the lock who did the 5-man loetheb, just transfered back to spirestone where he came from originally.

I am a paladin because I love this class. No other have I found which matches me as well as it. I heard a quote once saying that "Playing a paladin is like playing chess. Everybody knows how to play chess. The basics are simple, the concepts not particularly tough to grasp. But while picking up chess is the work of a lazy hour, it is very rare, difficult, and wonderful to find someone who can play chess WELL."
I think it is the challenge of pushing my pally to her limits that attracted me to the class.

Fair warning, although it's probably already apparent, I love to talk/write, and I have a lot to say. I am slightly unusual though in the practice of trying to make utterly sure I am confident that I know what I'm talking about before I go off on a wild theorycloud. I've seen some of the brutality that is public forums, and I have kind of a phobia of being on the receiving end of negative attention.

My knowledge is primarily in the area of prot, and especially in that I can take my experience from playing another tanking class into account. My paladin was Prot back before it was cool, and I have fond memories of long long ago having duels with a thunderfury fury warrior and him having no idea what in hell was reckonbombing him out of nowhere.

I've been championing block value ever since ZG came out and I discovered the panther boss.

I spent most of my /played as a healer though, like most paladins, especially because I have evolved into a pretty serious raider.

My preferences with Holy are for downranked Holy Lights and skillful damage-prediction-overwatch healing. What I mean by that is being situationally aware enough to be already casting a Holy Light 5 on the mage even before they take the damage. Its the skill I am most proud of as a healer, and is incredibly tough because it actually requires looking at things besides your unit frames, heretical I know.

I started to really post a lot with the release of the test realm patch notes, most notably through the "Comprehensive Guide to the Paladin Changes" thread, which ended up being linked to by wow insider and basically consisted of about 30 pages of no one listening to me.

I'm gonna stop writing now cause this is a lot longer than I was planning...

regards.

~Brekke/Joanadark
Joanadark

Postby Gideon » Sat May 12, 2007 1:19 pm

Good to meetcha.
Gideon

Postby Dorvan » Sun May 13, 2007 12:33 am

Welcome! I haven't had much of a chance to talk with you on the forums, but I've read some of your stuff and it's a great addition to the community :-)
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Daimokuren » Sun May 13, 2007 11:27 am

Hey hey :) Awesome to have you here. I've already been enjoying your contributions.

Brett
Daimokuren - 70 Draenei Paly - Balnazzar
Daimokuren

hey

Postby Mavrix » Tue May 15, 2007 5:05 am

What server/guild are joanadark/brekke located on? Would love to check your armory out.
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Return to General