Remove Advertisements

Welcome

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Infurnus » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:51 pm

First off, hello!
I’m new here in the sense of actually having an account, but I’ve been reading posts for a couple of months now. I currently have no pally in the states on a real server :( The way it goes, I’ve been playing for a couple years, raided up to hijal on my mage, ZA on my prot warrior, healed up to gruuls on my priest. Tanking on my warrior has been fun/stressful, but I like some responsibility in a group setting, IMO dps are easily 'replaceable', tanks and healers, not so much.
Some of the most successful, fastest, fun runs I’ve ever done were with a prot pally. When LFG, ill always take a prot pally, even if slightly under geared. I wanted to make a pally, but around that time, I got orders for my second tour in Iraq.
Here I am, Iraq, and I get lucky. Theres a guy here running a private server. I know nothing can be justified on a private server, due to the vulnerability of hacks and what not. I took the opportunity to make and learn how to play classes I never had the time to do in the states i.e. shammy, lock, and most importantly, prot pally.
Theres a bunch of downsides to this server, most notably, it’s like herding cats. Let me explain. The guy running it set the XP rate to like30x. Experienced players can get to 70 in about 5 hours played time. The downside is that theres a bunch of people having their first 'wow experience' here. So it feels like I’m playing with a bunch of 'ebayed' toons.
For the most part, I’m loving the prot pally. My gear is a little ridiculous; I’m in full S2 shockadin set, with def gems and what not, so I’m not in real tanking gear.
I found this site with the help of google, and I’ve had my eyes glued ever since. I love reading the number crunches; I have always applauded people who take the time to figure it out.

Anywho, when I get back in May, I’m defiantly making a pally, probably before I make a deathknight.
Infurnus

Postby Kelgaryn » Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:15 am

I stumbled on the site yesterday after reading Galoheart's blog for a few days. I've been a long time sufferer of altitis, and my Paladin was my 2nd character I made, and first to get to 60 back before tBC. I enjoyed playing with my Paladin, but as a healer it's just not as fun. Three or four characters later, I'm back to square one. I'm trying to cure my altitis by respecing into a tankadin. My brother has been a tankadin for quite some time and has moved into the MT slot in our guild on Lightninghoof. I've found a couple of the posts here quite informative as a old Paladin lover renewed. The gear guides and tank specs have been quite informative. I know there is only about 6 weeks left before WotLK, but I'm trying to gear enough to maybe venture into Karazhan after some gearing. Great site and good to see a lot of great information and Paladins in the same place!
Kelgaryn

Postby Seph » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:35 am

Hello everyone!

My name is Sophia and I just respecialized MAINTANKADIN today! I know, Wrath of the Lich King talents are just around the corner, but I figured I should familiarize myself with Paladin tanking now. Although I've been very curious about it, I've never really tried it before. Wish me luck!
Seph

Postby Ch4rd » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:40 am

hi every1 im new!!!!!!! *holds up spork* my name is katy but u can
call me t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m!!!!!!!! lol...as u can see im very random!!!!
thats why i came here, 2 meet random ppl like me ^_^... im 13 years old
(im mature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 watch invader zim w/ my girlfreind
(im bi if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite tv show!!! bcuz its
SOOOO random!!!! shes random 2 of course but i want 2 meet more random
ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol...neways i hope 2 make
alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!!

DOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- me bein random again ^_^ hehe...toodles!!!!!

love and waffles,

* ~t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m~*

Seriously though, responding to pressure from the irc channel and vent via Pizbit, and Anacharial, I created an account and have stopped my lurking for well over the entire span of BC. ^^;;

I have a Level 70 Paladin on Staghelm (US), currently flipping between ret and prot depending on where we are in sunwell.

I'd like to say thanks now for the great help that this forum has been in helping me understand everything from the combat table to threat coefficients and boss strategies.

Anyhow. back to IRC. ^^;;
Ch4rd

Postby Pizbit » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:47 am

DON'T GO BLAMEING ME!@!@@!
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Justincase » Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:22 am

Hello People

My name is Elias and i am from Greece .

Been palying paladin since april 2005 through MC BWL etc.....
Lvl through BC as Prot in Boulderfist " Albeback " and ended up in Wipe Club With Xlarge "Worldie i think u know him" after my account was hacked stoped palying and the decided to move to horde side...

Just lvld another paladin for Xpac ofcourse Protection spec .

to all people here i hope an interesting and Fun experience in Wrath

Have Fun !!!!!
Justincase

Postby Athanathos » Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:03 am

Hey,
I've been tanking since june this year orso. Anyways, I've read allot on the new patch, but due to my laptop crash I wasn't able yet to play. However, I've read that there are some huge changes, and since I'm the kinda guy that plays allot with one character (me alt is lowlvl mage :P), I am not familiar with other stats other then the pre 3.0.x tankadin's.

So I've joined, hoping to learn more about strength, hit and expertise. Also, you're never to old to learn from the real veterans!

So I hope to learn allot here!
Athanathos

Postby crazyeyes999 » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:10 am

Heya

I play a tankadin on Balnazzar, Protezione is my name.

I have leveled 1-70 tank specced and tanked every instance from RFC-Illidari Council in Black Temple and Alzagar in Hyjial.

Suffice it to say I have been around the block a few times, there is always more to learn. I love to tank, and i suspect anyone dedicated to making a forum dedicated to the principal is a good group to shoot ideas at.

Look forward to meeting y'all and maybe even contributing somehting of my own now and again.
crazyeyes999

Postby Thadeus » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:52 am

Hello,

Just wanted to say hello! I've been reading a lot this site, never registered, but thought it's time to do it and become active on this forum, since it surely looks one of the best tankadin forums i have seen.

Keep up the good work, cheers!
Last edited by Thadeus on Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thadeus

Hi

Postby Choicebro » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:28 am

Hey all.
long time reader of this site and thought .. well now its time to join, Have enjoyed reading many posts here and am very thankful for all the information provided.

Cheers :D
Choicebro

Hi

Postby Choicebro » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:29 am

Hey all.
long time reader of this site and thought .. well now its time to join, Have enjoyed reading many posts here and am very thankful for all the information provided.

Cheers :D
Choicebro

Postby Kanaiichi » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:55 am

Hiya i'm Kanaiichi of Ruin on The Sha'tar EU RPZZZZ

Real name is Wayne, played paladin for like 18 months all i have, never felt the need for alts just respecced alot, like ALOT raided 4/5 mh and 3/9 bt, as prot and ret, love the forum, no MTed much beyond t4, unless getting defenders on akama counts (i dont think it does)

my goal is to push myself to be MT with gear reset i feel its possible, this sight has been a great help over the months, hope to get involved in discussions see you about
Kanaiichi

Lo Folks

Postby Crumplezone » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:13 am

Hey guys..I'm pretty much the same as a lot of others on this forum, I've been reading your work and finally decided I needed to sign up :)

I appreciate all the commitment, effort and fine detail you guys put into these forums and try to read my way through all of it everyday, not much of a poster but yeah, you guys have helped me through MH & BT so respect to you and many thanks :)
Crumplezone

Postby Bilal » Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:32 pm

Yo...Took me sometime to figure out how to register :roll: . Just figured out that I wasn't paying much attention to details. My Charecter name is Bilal,Tankadin lvl 70 chillin' in Muradin. Yup..Never had someone to instruct me through the whole WOW process so I learned the hard way, been sh itted on and spitted on till I found my own steady grounds. Anyways I am happy to be a part of this club. More tactics,techniques and therocrafting to learn.

Skillzzz are Infinite

Holla
"Tankadins". The Righteous Defenders
Bilal

Postby Heracles » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:52 am

Hi there,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

My name's Matt from the Uk my one and only 70 toon is a Tankadin on EU Aerie Peak called Heracles. My guild is WRATH and we're 9/9 BT and 5/5 MH, I've been playing WoW just over a year now.

What more can I say? Love the site and it's high time I signed up. It helped me a lot when I was starting out, stumbled on it via Galo and Honor's blogs... btw, great reading guys!

Regards,

Hera.
Heracles

PreviousNext

Return to General