Welcome

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Hello Folks!

Postby Gerome » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:49 am

Hey all! Looks like I haven't introduced myself either. = )

My name is Gerome, Dwarf Protection Paladin on the Maelstrom US Server. This was probably the first toon I ever rolled (about a year after WoW released) yet it was well into TBC I leveled him to 70. Leveled 1-60 as Ret, 60-70 as holy, and decided, "Hmmm... I think I'll go Prot!" 'Lo and behold, here I am, in a great guild known as Meliora on my server, SSC pretty much on farm, Kael'thas counting down until his demise, and MH being worked through. Its been quite an adventure and I want to thank everyone who posted great information here on Maintankadin. You helped make me the prot pally I am today!

-Gerome
Gerome- Level 70 Dwarf Paladin -Maelstrom US
Angry Dwarf with a Blue Rage Bar!!!
RAWR!!!!!!
Gerome

Postby Nakama » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:56 am

I'm Nakama, Draenei Protection Paladin on the Argent Dawn US Server. This is definitely my main toon and the first I ever rolled. We were originally on Medivh and transferred when our friends transferred to AD. I've been to Karazhan all of once, unfortunately, and don't have much time to do a lot of raids and instances, but I'm working as best I can to make my pally better. I definitely appreciate all the posts here! :)

--Jed
Nakama

Postby Pizzon » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:36 am

Found these forums browsing google and spent the next 4 hours reading it.. i couldnt resist becoming a member :)

Pizzon from skywall here... got sick of being a healadin and went to prot.. 7 days later and lovin every moment of it. Good bunch of people here.. going to be around to pester you peoples for a long time :)
Pizzon

Postby Rofldps » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:57 pm

Hey guys, great resource.

My names Rofldps, and I play on Blackrock, initially wanted to go Ret, but never quite made it there.... anyway, I'm fresh out of Holy and into Protection, and while my gear is terrible its still fun to play a pally tank.

I'm sure there is a more in depth approach to aoe tanking, right now I'm finding it so much easier than warrior tanking.
Rofldps

Postby merinos » Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:08 pm

Hello, I finally signed up on this forum, although I've been reading it for a while now but I think I want to start contributing and possibly sharing and discussing things.
My name's Lars and my Paladin Merinos is on EU-KilJaeden and right now we're just starting SWP with Kalecgos down and Brutallus on hold because half the guild doesnt show up on evenings with soccer games playing <.<
merinos

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:07 am

Hi. I wrote a slightly longer introduction post but IE ate it.

I've not been playing WoW long, Kysen was my first character (I now have a few low level alts), and I've been levelling him as Prot since level 30, mainly because I preferred anything that reduced the damage I take. I've been reading up on Paladin tanking, mainly from these forums, for a couple of weeks, but kept putting off actually heading into dungeons. This week I finally headed into Ramparts, and I'm now planning to work my way up from there, finally putting to use all the things I've been reading--this site's been great for someone who didn't really have a clue how his class worked at first. I'm looking forward to finally getting to experience at least some (my tiny guild is unlikely to ever hit the 25-mans) of the content I've heard so much about.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Kelata » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:50 am

Hello all, Kelata's my special little BE paladin that I intend on making a tankadin for the guild. Right now, the only Tankadins in my guild are Lythandar and Eitchietoe, and beings they are both from Australia, sometimes it's hard to have the spare tankage available. I've nearly leveled out a pally before, it was much fun. I know the basics of pally-dom, but I hope to learn the "tricks of the trade" from here. Thanks for the site, great help! :D
Kelata

Postby Geva » Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:58 pm

*smiles and waves*

My main is a tree-druid w/pewpew when I need DPS - pure caster. (Adendra of Scarlet Crusade... if you wanna look her up and giggle at her gear.) Overall, I'm pretty casual... not likely to see T5 instances anytime soon, but having a blast anyhow.

My little pally-girl, Geva, just turned 48. She might just be my second 70. She's getting more and more of my time and I'm harassing my friends with endless gear questions.

Sooo... I have gobs to learn about melee. >.> This looks like a good place to learn. Thanks in advance for your patience. *grins*

~ Addie er... Geva!
Geva

Postby psykyk » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:52 am

fairly new to Pally (actually I'm fairly new to the game :D ) but found this site while looking for info on changing my lvl 39 Ret to a Prot spec.

I'll probably ask loads of noob questions, but at least on here I feel like I will get sensible answers/advice and not just 'lol u noob' :D
psykyk

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:56 pm

Feel free to ask =) Stickies answer almost everything but the nerdrage is easily covered! :D
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

hi!

Postby Losbullitt » Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:31 am

I'm a newb.

lvl 18 pally named Birthcontrol on Uther. :D Nice to see a site dedicated to those who serve a higher purpose.
Losbullitt

Postby Levantine » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:25 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:Feel free to ask =) Stickies answer almost everything but the nerdrage is easily covered! :D

My nerdrage is NEVER covered! bwahahaha
Levantine

Postby Dangereuse » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:55 am

hello :)

I'm Danger and I normaly play Ranged DPS classes (not just in WoW either) but I wanted to experince the game from a different perspective, not to mention gain a better understandind of the mechanics of the toons I play with. All I knew so far is that - yay I rarely have to trap when playing with a good pally tank, but if for some reason said pally tank wants me to trap - if I don't get the distracting shot in time, that mob will not go for me no matter what I do.

Anyways :) I created both warrior and pally, and came here for pally information and advice on a reccomendation of our GM, whos main is a pally.

Thank you very very much for a lovely informative forums that not only allow me to understand how tanking works, but also help me be a better damage dealer when it comes to playing with pally tanks :)

So far its a huge change from pew pew :)
Ororostorm - lvl14 and growing, currently hybrid
Dangereuse

Postby sleku » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:56 am

hi there =]

I originally started WoW back in 2005, April, and I wanted to play a plate-wearing class, on the frontlines, smiting enemies with holy power, healing ability, so on, so on. Paladin.

Back then tho, tanking with a pala was a pain. My concept of pala tanking was a huge fail aswell. We had a priest, mage, warlock and me. "Priest heals the party, I heal myself" or something... of course mage was tanking 99% of the time...

Then I rolled a rogue, levelled her to 60, stopped playing, rolled a mage, levelled her to 60, stopped playing, TBC came out, levelled mage to 70, stopped playing [yeah I know, boring shit], then about half a year ago I said to my friends [2 of our first team that still played WoW] that I wanted to play a plate-wearing class, on the frontlines, smiting enemies with holy power, healing ability, so on, so on. Paladin. Freaking Tanking Paladin. I knew from my mage experience that it was possible, my friends [that didn't play TBC at that time yet] replied: "lol wtf pala can't tonk". And I showed them. And now they believe.

I play World of Warcraft, and I am tanking Paladin.
What's your game?
sleku

Postby anthony » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:00 pm

had a blonde moment and posted a new thread on saying hi, sorry.

my names anthony, sort of newly registered and just wanted to thank everyone on the boards for the help they have given me :)

i play a level 70 prot pally on the EU terenas server and am starting 25 mans
Chat-killer at your service.
anthony

PreviousNext

Return to General