Remove Advertisements

Welcome

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

yay

Postby DracAlexstrasza » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:20 pm

So happy to find this forum. ^_^

Just downed High King Maulgaur as mt and it made me double check my numbers... which led me here. Nice to find other prot pallys.

Wish me luck on nightbane this week. 37% after 5 attempts, but ran out of time before the Gruul's lair run.
DracAlexstrasza

Re: yay

Postby Lorath » Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:39 am

DracAlexstrasza wrote:Just downed High King Maulgaur as mt

Huge grats mate :)
It makes me glad to hear we can do that aswell, best of luck to you and yer mates on the coming Nightbane attempts!
Lorath, Human 80 Swedish Viking Tankadin, EU Bloodhoof
www.kingsandaces.eu
Lorath

Postby Aergis » Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:55 am

Wish me luck on nightbane this week. 37% after 5 attempts, but ran out of time before the Gruul's lair run.

Good luck! Just downed him last night as MT. The Panzar'thar Breatplate is MINE! :D
Last edited by Aergis on Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aergis
Site Admin

Postby Kathryn » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:08 pm

Aergis wrote:

Good luck! Just downed him last night as MT. The Panzar'thar Breatplate is MINE! :D

Grats!
Kathryn

Postby Anatheme » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:57 pm

Hi.
as the sig says, I used to be known under the name Anatheme. Played Druid on US servers at the release and i was among the first resto specced 10k armor bears to fish around.
Things went by, I loved playing druid, tried myself a bit at everything, but fell in love with the idea of "alternate tanking". Due to community denial tho, i ended up leaving the US servers to join RL friends on a EU serv. Played as a Warlock since it was the only class i couldnt beat in duel at the time, and that no one argue about what spec a demonist should be so long as they dps.

came tbc and i turned into a BE Paladin.

because my guild wanted paladins for raids.
because i wanted to look sexy (and dang, plate is so sexy sometimes)
because i wanted to go back to being an hybrid and back when i was struggling claws and fangs to be recognized as a druid tank (among my accomplishements as such, i was the tank of the first group in full blue gear to complete the 45 mins strat run of my server) i had often been told i should have been a paladin.

I leveled from 1 to 40 as retrib spec, and switched to protect as soon as i could touch holy shield. went up to 60 and tanked thru all the normal 5 man instances except arcatraz as i leveled up in some wierd AoE group (Warlock, Elem Sham, Hunter and pick up healer often traumatized by the murder madness our group was) At 70, i became the last rave for my guild's warlocks who were farming thrallmar rep for the stormcaller, tanking thru the normal instance pulling packs two by two and seeding away (my personal best was holding aggro on the whole corridor way thru 8 seeds of corruption before the last remaining mobs took off toward the two warlocks in the party).

Downed Nightbane being a healer with a 20/41/0 spec and relatively inadequat gear for such a spec before being convinced by my palapouf (read palabitch) leader to respec fully into Holy spec for raiding purpose and heroic instancing until i'd have "geared up". Recently after downing Gruul, my guild came into a Warrior's shortage and since the officers had kept in mind my tank gear was collecting dust in my bank and i had been whiney ever since i had respecced into Holy (even tho that earned me invites in lots of heroic runs and successful arena teams), I was asked/offered to respec into Protection again and "see how it turns".

Since then, I've successfully main healed an Heroic Mechanar (had a shadowpriest regen bot tho) with only two wipes on the last boss, letting me claim respeccing into protection had only diminished my "endurance" in healing (wow, i need skill now to manage my mana and heal in instance instead of just spamming away a 35% crit holy light), I've successfully tanked Heroic Rempart with both CC heavy and CC lacking groups, Heroic Mechanar, Heroic Shadowlab and some more instances.
As far as raids go, I'm in healing gear for Maulgar/Gruul and Magtheridon's thrash, I'm tanking Magtheridon's second add and assist healing/cube clicking on our successful Magtheridon's kills, and i'm expecting to be mostly healing in the next Karazan run i'll do, with a bit of OTing here and there.

All in all, i'm a happy paladin feeling "2k hps too low and anti-fear impaired to be a raid MT" but happily offtanking in raid and MTing in instances, fullfilling what i believe to be an Hybrid's role.

Hello everyone *smiles* that was quite a long introduction, but I've been pretty proud of it lately and wanted to share it with anyone here who cares about that.
"Anatheme c'est la reroll de Benediction."
- Yshuta

My armory
Anatheme

Postby Bausk » Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:45 am

Bausk, 70 Paladin, Bloodscalp server.

I've quickly become the guild's "token Paladin Tank" as I'm the only one in our guild who has put in the time and effort into collecting tanking gear and actively tanking Heroics and have been allowed to offtank and do some maintanking in Karazhan. Hopefully things will improve when and if they decide to change or buff our talents.
Bausk

Postby Shadowhamer » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:59 pm

hail and Well met fellow brothers of protection.

I am Shadowhamer, of the guild Victori te Salutant of Monnoroth.

Been a prot pally since 2004, as I level this toon to be a sword and board user, when prot was still a "You spec what ??" build. Been doing 5 mans, and a few heroics, but work scheduale, and a mostly EU raid scheduale has not mix well.

My guilds only Prot paladin, I have had to sally fourth and change the minds of those who think we cannot tank. Shinning momemt; when I was moved to the 3rd rotation of Mag orc kills, because the Warrior there kept dying. (BTW) I Lived until we wiped on Mag.
Hopefully I can get in kara and do some tanking, but in the meanwhile, doing 5 mans/heroics for items/rep. Practice makes perfect.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/?#cha ... hadowhamer
Evil does not fight fair, so nor do I

For he who dares !
Shadowhamer

Postby ari » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:42 pm

gday tankadins.

just come back to the game after several months off; very happy to find out TBC pallys can tank effectively so have decided to have a crack at prot for something different and fun to do... so far finding it a lot of fun and quite gratifying.

my guild is about midway through kara - so certainly not pushing any new content or anything; but its great to find a site like this that will help me develop into a successful tank while i get my way to 70 and my toon into some good gear.

look forward to wasting away my work hours reading up on here :D
ari

Postby eia » Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:58 am

Hiya all. :)

I've been a tankadin for about a year now, after I respecced because I had too poor gear for retri and found holy light-spamming boring. (I've tried both, and am leveling 2 more paladins to try all specs out properly :wink: )
Started out tanking in 5-mans in Judgement, but started to get a crack at other instances once the prot tree got some goodies.
Leveled as prot, which was a great choice, since I got to tank quite a few instances while leveling, impressing my guild mates enough so that I now feel wanted as tank in heroics, Kara and Gruul's. (That's how far we've come so far)

Been annoyed lately on the paladin forums since it's just been too much whine and not enough tankadin posts, so finding this forum really made my day. :)
"It takes two to cuddle."
eia

Postby Vanifae » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:45 am

New Tankadin well new to these boards, main tanked through Prince in Kara.

This sounds like the site I have been looking for.
Vanifae

Postby dern » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:35 am

Thanks so much for this resource.

I've been reading forums here for around a week or two withou posting, but broke down and have finally posted to say thanks the moderators for keeping this forum under control while letting discussion go freely to a certain degree.

Also thanks to all the posters for their opinions and information.

-Dern, lvl 70 paladin T-HORN, tanking up to illhoof, but collecting my gear for when Dorvan and Aergis start the RetNoobadin boards.
dern

Postby Kayallah » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:02 pm

*Does a happy dance*

Glad to have found this place, it really is a great resource (for this soon to be tankadin.. slowly leveling!)

Just wanted to say thank you! to everyone who is posting here!

~Kay
Kayallah

Postby Ignus » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:37 am

Woot! a paladin tanking discussion forum without the forum QQers and naysayers! A GIFT FROM THE GODS! I am SO there.

Talthis- paladin on kil'jaeden, Advent Fury guild.

my guild is a hardcore raiding type guild but I'm lucky and have pushed hard enough that they are willing to let me have a go as soon as I level and gear up for it. ( I level really slowly, and I spent a lot of time leveling my sexy dranei alts XD )

I'm of the massive researching type, so I'll be right there with the theorycrafters and whatnot.

I offer my shield, my knowledge of tactics, and my faith in the light. I seek only further understanding.
If you invest all of your talents, all of your gear, all of your knowledge and skill into tanking, you should be the best tank.
Ignus
Maintankadonor

Postby s4dfish » Wed May 02, 2007 1:40 pm

Hi, glad to have found these forums. My main is a 70 NE rogue (yeah, I know), but with the expansion I stated a Draenei Paladin to level along with my wife's Shammy (again, yeah I know). I was quite surprised to discover how enjoyable the class is and have spent all of my leveling in protection spec. Currently level 45, so I have no end-game experience to offer, but I will be lurking around here, chiming in from time to time.

Oh, and having spent a majority of my time DPSing as a rogue, I can attest to preferring a Pally tank to anything else. I'm always threat limited in my DPS with warriors and bears, but with a Pally I feel much more comfortable 'opening up', so kudos to all you Tankadins making my main job much easier.
s4dfish

Postby Alixander » Tue May 08, 2007 12:55 pm

Long time Paladin, recently turned onto tanking.

My first character was a mage. Still play him and enjoy him, but around sometime last year my guild really needed a healer, and I was none too keen on playing a Priest or a Druid, so I rolled a Paladin. Over time, the lack of healers problem has been corrected itself, so Alixander (my Pally) wasn't needed as much.

So recently I've been just working on him in my spare time, when I started tanking, and found I totally loved it. I've respecced to 10/38/10 (saving 3 points for Improved Holy Shield and Avenger's Shield after 2.1) and plan on aiming for (once my guild starts to raid) one of our main tank spots.

Anyway, really glad to have found this forum, and hope to contribute and learn a lot. :D
Alixander

PreviousNext

Return to General