Welcome

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Kasavier » Wed May 14, 2008 7:23 am

Another new tankadin here, from Hellscream. New to the forums at any rate, not that new to tanking though I still have a bit to learn. :) I can't wait to start getting the info here to show off to my guild how awesome paladin tanks are!
Kasavier

Newbie!

Postby Meroe » Thu May 15, 2008 7:17 am

I am Meroe, from Moonrunner. I'm a newish tank looking for constant refinement of the art of pally-tanking :)
Meroe :: 80 Human Paladin :: Moonrunner @ US

Miner/Jewelcrafter
Meroe

Re: Newbie!

Postby Morpheren » Thu May 15, 2008 7:46 am

Meroe wrote:I am Meroe, from Moonrunner. I'm a newish tank looking for constant refinement of the art of pally-tanking :)

Hi.
whatisboom.com - Two parts rocket fuel, one part genius.
Chef Koriel, Guild Master of Fury Untold on Sen'jin
Morpheren

Postby Rand » Fri May 16, 2008 8:50 am

Hi, new tankadin here ;)

It's about a year that I read this forum.
Now I feel quite confident about tanking to try to help some1 ;) (I hope :P)

Rand human paladin
Runetotem EU
Manticore Guild

P.S. Lore, your previous avatar the Ipnofrog was better than this :P
Rand

Postby iwillpunishu » Fri May 16, 2008 9:29 am

Hi all, I've been lurking here for about a month now, and I thought it was about time to introduce myself. We had a prot pally in our guild gquit about 2 months ago, because we actually had the balls to ask him to eat some food and put on a flask for a an alar attempt, so needless to say we were in a bit of a panic to replace him, so I decided to respec my holy paladin, It took me a while(and about 5000 gold) and I'm still prety green, but in the last week or so, I maintanked supremus, and we got gorefiend down to 6% last night, while I was maintanking.
I just wanted too thank all of you for your contributions to this board. I was completely clueless when I found this sight, and could not have made my tankadin without all of your help.

iwillpunishu

Postby Indago » Wed May 21, 2008 9:32 pm

Just wanted to thank ya'll (again) for having some tankadin info that was actually useful. :D

Stumbling across this site is what actually gave me the courage to repsec my (then) lvl 65 pally from holy to prot, cuz popular opinion on my server is that pallies are healers. Period. I lvl'ed her almost the whole time as holy and dont get me wrong, I like healing, but deep down i always wanted to try my hand at tanking. I asked around my server a bit and got a lot negative feedback ('pallies are healbots you n00b') so i let it go for a bit, til i grouped with a kick ass pally tank on a heroic pug in bot when i was on my 70 mage. I asked him a coupla questions and that got my courage back up to take a second look at tankadin'ing, thats when i found this site and decided, the hell with it, I wanna tank!

/endwalloftext

anyhoots, Indago is newly lvl 70 with really terrible gear (still working on that) and with a lot of help from your guys' posts i think im starting to get the hang of this tanking thing :wink:

"It's not how hard you hit, it's how hard you get hit, and keep moving forward."-R.Pausch
Indago

Postby pheiro » Thu May 22, 2008 7:41 pm

Awesome Site. TY for you time and effort bringing all of this together.

At the Moment my main is Pheiro, a warrior, but i have Sanguen my prot pally and Rayke, (another warrior) I like to tank. A lot :D
pheiro

Postby Bilibrambo » Mon May 26, 2008 8:20 am

Hi guys.

I have read this forum since.... 4 or 5 months, since i respect to protection with mi paladin (who was an alter). Basically, all the "theory" i need to learn about it, i have read it here.

'Cause the armory doesnt work, i will introduce myself.

Bilibrambo, dwarf 70.
Server: C'thun. EU server. Spain.
Guild: "la vieja guardia". We are now on trys in illidan.
I didnt raid in ssc and tk with this char, so my gear is from badges and some items from mh and bt.

PD: its too difficult to write in english for me, but i understood "everything" what i have read, lol. So you will not see me posting here very frequently.
But you have to know that this forum is my "bible" in tanking as a paladin.
Bilibrambo

Postby Alixander » Tue May 27, 2008 10:54 am

'sup! I'm back, now that I'm no longer trapped behind a firewall at work. New job means sneaky surfing during downtimes!
Alixander

Postby Anorian » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:43 am

hey everyone,

thought id sign up after reading this forum for a couple of weeks.

my chars all on EU-Dunemaul:
Anorian 70 Tankadin
Araqiel 70 Warlock
Oomjoop 70 Warrior

in the guild Nerve only 1 week old :D

/love
Anorian

Postby Sober » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:30 am

Hi guys :)

Been lurking around here, even after I registered earlier last week, thought I'd finally post and say hi, this place is an awesome wealth of information and helps putting a Tankadin together much easier.

I'm almost about ready to tank the first half of kara even as early as next week (just need a bit more avoidance for uncrush). Been running pugs and running with guildies and I sure hope my GM (who also MTs most of our karas as a prot warrior) only jokes about paladin tanks being 'red-headed-stepchildren'.

You can find me on armory as Sotallytober on Balnazzar-US, my mage is Evokata.
Sober

Postby devlon » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:55 pm

Let's hope I can keep at it :)
devlon

Postby anthony » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:27 am

hi im anthony, newly registered on maintakadin. ive been a lurker for a while and thought i should finally register :D

i have a level 70 pally on terenas eu, alliance side and hope to further my tanking skills as im just at the kara/possibly going into 25 man stage of the game.
anthony

Postby Bunnyfer » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:22 am

Hey all...

I am a female(not only in game) tankadin on the Undermine server. I am the main tank also in my guild of which I am also the GM.

I have been playing a pally for well over a year, close to 2 now. I am a casual gamer, and also play way to many alts.

I have been browsing the site for a while, and decided to finally register and get to posting.

Thanks for the great site.
Bunnyfer

HAI THAR!

Postby Kountry » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:34 pm

Hey all! Kountry here, a new Pally convert! I rolled a Warrior tank for about 2 years now and lately got fed up with not getting any Heroic runs on my server, Korialstrasz. Plus my warrior got hacked..../cry.

So this morning I started a Pally, seeing as I love tanking and see all the Pallies rnning the Heroics and getting my raid spot:(. I just hit level 12 in 2 hours 48mins. WOOT! This will be my 5th toon to 70. Lock, Priest, Druid and Warrior. Pally is by far the funnest so far. I am really enjoying the way the Pally is played so far. I have read up a LOT about the complexities of all the seals and different Judgments. Sounds like a challenge and fun too!

Thanks for this site. I KNOW it will be very handy as I make my way up the ladder to 70.
Was a 70 Warrior Tank, now rolling a Pally Tank. In the works!
Kountry

PreviousNext

Return to General