Remove Advertisements

How do healers heal you?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

How do healers heal you?

Postby Garov » Thu May 10, 2007 8:50 am

What do priests use to heal you when you're tanking? I'm kind of spoiled and levelled up with my wife. She played a disc/holy priest. It wasn't until she stopped playing (she got bored) that I noticed that different priests heal way waaay differently. She used to flash heal the hell out of me, and had enough spirit/mp5 to practically never run out of mana. Recently I've seen some Holy priests that are so used to using their huge Greater Heal they can't realize healing me is probably different than healing a warrior. I haven't stepped foot into any raids yet, so I'm wondering how you tankadins typically get healed. Is it the smaller, faster heals or the bigger, longer heals?
Garov

Postby Kvaern » Thu May 10, 2007 9:00 am

Flash heals generally don't cut it in heroics and beyond, and as a pally you want as much overhealing as possible (at least until 2.1 goes live) so you won't ever hear me ask a healer for smaller heals.
Kvaern

Postby Arcand » Thu May 10, 2007 9:14 am

Prayer of Mending on me before the pull, often a Renew as well, and then Greater Heal as needed.

My priestess is only level 49, but already I find I prefer to use periodic GH rather than continuous flashes. Her spirit is sky-high so even those little bits of no-casting time produce a decent amount of mana regen.

(I pre-shield tankadins all the time, but none of the priests I run with seem to do that with me.)
Arcand

Postby Bobness » Thu May 10, 2007 11:43 pm

Sadly... I've only pugged so my experience is limited in that respect...

Normally Iget healed like a warrior... occasional Big heals & wondering if i'm gonna have to hit HS.

On one beautiful occasion i pugged shattered Halls... The priest told everyone not to bother with CC & promptly told me you'll get heals "Paly style"

Ok I think I wonder how this will work.

We preceeded to rip through the instance with me constantly receiving overheals, I'm spamming consecrate/Holy shield judging like a trooper every 8 seconds & don't think I went below 50% mana once.

I've never enjoyed Tanking like it ever before or since, not only that but DPS was offloading like crazy & I never lost aggro once. Holding onto 5 or 6 69/70 elites was an eye opener for me & the rest of the group.
Bobness

Postby Theowyn » Mon May 14, 2007 2:45 am

(I pre-shield tankadins all the time, but none of the priests I run with seem to do that with me.)

I remember asking this in another thread and it wasn't answered very definitively; anyone know if paladins can block/dodge/miss/parry while shielded? I think what was determined in the other thread (don't feel like looking for it :P ) was that armor mitigation is considered while shielded, and I assume righteous fury/spell warding is as well, but I'm still unsure as to whether or not blocking and/or avoidance is possible.[/quote]
Theowyn

Postby Promdates » Mon May 14, 2007 4:54 pm

Maybe I'm just "picky" but all my groups are usually Me/Holy Pally/Spriest/Rogue/Mage or Me/Holy Pally/Spriest/Mage/Lock. if not a pally, maybe a holy priest if i can't find a shadow and I have to pug it.

Either way, priest or paladin, they just spam me with heals in heroics. I think our priests use rank 3 or 4 Gheal and paladins use rank 5/6 FoL, r7-8 HoL.
Promdates

Postby Egomantle » Mon May 14, 2007 4:59 pm

I had my first grouping with a holy pally as main healer... he fired up concentration aura, and jumped into combat , and healed as needed. It was odd at first, but since his healing was uninterruptable, it didn't seem to matter much, especially on trash.
Egomantle

Postby Promdates » Mon May 14, 2007 5:14 pm

Egomantle wrote:I had my first grouping with a holy pally as main healer... he fired up concentration aura, and jumped into combat , and healed as needed. It was odd at first, but since his healing was uninterruptable, it didn't seem to matter much, especially on trash.

too bad the spell pushback is getting thoroughly nerfed next patch.
Promdates

Postby honorshammer » Tue May 15, 2007 5:13 am

Promdates wrote:
Egomantle wrote:I had my first grouping with a holy pally as main healer... he fired up concentration aura, and jumped into combat , and healed as needed. It was odd at first, but since his healing was uninterruptable, it didn't seem to matter much, especially on trash.

too bad the spell pushback is getting thoroughly nerfed next patch.

Would you extrapolate on what you mean by that?
honorshammer

Return to General