Tankadin Consumables

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Lorath » Thu May 10, 2007 3:40 pm

I heard something about how empty looted corpses would sink a little bit into the ground, so unlooted ones would be higher up? Maybe that was only a rumor.
Lorath, Human 80 Swedish Viking Tankadin, EU Bloodhoof
www.kingsandaces.eu
Lorath

Postby Eloff » Thu May 10, 2007 5:50 pm

I swear I read it straight off the patch notes for 2.1 on blizzard's website.

I think it just stated that lootable corpses would always be 'on top' of a pile of corpses. I'm assuming it also deals with the 'really big corpse' issue as well.
"With your shield or on it" - Spartan Code of Conduct

Eloff

Postby Theowyn » Mon May 14, 2007 2:32 am

Thank God for that; I (and likely many others) have developed a 'circle' technique when ae grinding so whenever one goes down I move slightly in a circular direction. Just have to be careful you don't accidentally move too far so mobs hitting you don't run away :)

Thanks for all the responses! This helps a lot; I've been hanging on to the lung juice cocktail for a while waiting for the opportune moment to use it. Now that it won't stack come 2.1...I should go buck wild and stack as much as possible before it's nerfed :)
Theowyn

Postby Theowyn » Mon May 14, 2007 2:40 am

Another thought, or question rather: Is it a waste to use consumables like elixir of major agility or greater stoneshield potions in 5 mans? Discounting pug's where you need all the help you can get, would most consider them an unnecessary cost, and to be saved for raiding? I always find it hard to use consumables, even to the point of dying rather than using a healing potion :P
Theowyn

Postby Dorvan » Mon May 14, 2007 8:57 am

I'll generally use whatver consumables are needed to get me through an instance. That means never hesitating to use health/mana pots (though I suppose it helps that I'm a potion master), and using a few elixirs when needed. I never find I have a need for elixirs in non-heroics, but from time to time I'll buff up for a heroic, espcially if I'm there for the first time. I look at it two ways:

1. Giving my best to my group. My group is either a PuG or a guild group. If it's the former, I want to be a good citizen on my server and shore up both my reputation and the reputation of Paladin tanks in general. If it's a guild group I expect fewer problems, but I also feel I have even more obligation to spare my party any pronblems.

2. Doing what's best for me. Drink a health or mana pot or using a couple elixirs is almost always in my self-interest when tanking a run if it means the difference between dead mobs and a wipe. First of all, there's the fact that it costs 1.5-2g every time I die. That's nearly thecost of a health pot right there. Now factor in the 5 minutes (10 for the longer runs) that it'll take for everyone to run back and get buffed up. Assuming a faily conservative grinding rate of 40g/hour, that's another 3-7g lost because you spent time running back instead of farming after the instance was done.
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Theowyn » Tue May 15, 2007 1:40 am

Good call Dorvan, thanks for the advice :)

If it's the former, I want to be a good citizen on my server and shore up both my reputation and the reputation of Paladin tanks in general.

Haha I feel the same way when I tank. When I tank, how I do affects the reputation of paladin tanks everywhere, in a small way. Big responsibility :)
Theowyn

Previous

Return to General