Tankadin Consumables

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Tankadin Consumables

Postby Theowyn » Tue May 08, 2007 2:23 am

I was wondering what tanks are running around with concerning consumables. Currentl, I keep major healing potions, super mana potions, blackened sporefish (20 sta//8mp5), blackened basilisk (23 spell dmg/20 spirit), superior wizard oil (42 spell dmg), and brilliant mana oil (14mp5), utilizing whichever is needed for whichever role I'm assuming. The brilliant oil/major pots aren't superior/super due to cost reasons, or I just haven't picked up better ones yet.

Secondly, what mats do you folks generally stockpile in order to get these consumables? Right now I just generally stockpile motes and primals of all types; anything else I should be hoarding? I'm an AH junkie so it'd be good to be able to spot good deals on mats I know I'll need in the future. All help appreciated :) Possibly a sticky for tanking consumables would be cool?

Please pardon me if there's a thread with this information already here :) I looked, but half-ass..edly. English ftw.
Theowyn

Postby Lorath » Tue May 08, 2007 3:39 am

I use HP/mana pots, stamina food, rum... and whatever else I feel needed, but those are the base. The thread you looked for is here.
http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... .php?t=191
Lorath, Human 80 Swedish Viking Tankadin, EU Bloodhoof
www.kingsandaces.eu
Lorath

Postby Arcand » Tue May 08, 2007 8:25 am

The cheap-but-effective food is Clam Bars, made from Jaggal Clam Meat. People regularly throw that away in Steamvaults...tell people you'll take their unwanted clam meat, or offer them 20s per piece, and you're on your way to perpetually Well Fed.
Arcand

Postby Lorath » Tue May 08, 2007 10:16 am

Ups I forgot to mention it but AOE-grind the buzzards south of Honor Hold, the little valley there has loads of lvl 58-60 buzzard who drop meat you can make 20/20 sta/spi food at a ratio of 1 food per 1 meat, no spice needed.
Throw up BoSanc, Ret aura, SoW and just start whacking one, then move backwards, grabbing everyone you see and drop rank1 Consecration now and then so you dont lose aggro as you move. Once you have a suitable number of say 10 or you run out of mobs, stop and kill em, loot, rinse and repeat. You may want to move a little when killing em to avoid the tankadin-pile-of-mobs loot problem.... :)

You can grind a stack of 20 food in 20 mins. Repair and sell the grey stuff at the blacksmith npc, then create the food in the inn. I usually get greys of value ratio 10g greys vendored per 1g repaired, plus the occasional green of c. :)

Happy hunting! If anyone knows a better spot than this, please share ^_^
www.kingsandaces.eu
Lorath

Postby Arcand » Tue May 08, 2007 10:53 am

Ah-hah! I've seen sub-70s killing those and assumed they were grinding XP...then I saw 70s grinding them and didn't know what to make of it.

Now I know. ^_-
Arcand

Postby Theowyn » Wed May 09, 2007 2:07 am

Thanks for the reference, Lorath, was just what I was looking for. Those buzzard spots are great :) But I opt for blackened sporefish if I can, due to the extra 8mp5 instead of 20 spirit. It's hard to decide between the sporefish and the basilisk food though (23dmg).

Another question: do the stat buff items like Lung Juice Cocktail stack with raid buffs? If so, which other items do they stack with? I'm curious about scrolls stackability as well. I haven't read the other thread all the way through yet so if that stuff is talked about, sorry :)
Theowyn

Postby Livyan » Wed May 09, 2007 2:59 am

Theowyn: Come 2.1, most stuff won't stack.
You'll have Offensive and Defensive Elixirs (Most Flasks count as both).
You'll have the "Well Fed" buff that will count for Rum/Lung Juice Cocktail etc aswell.
So basically, they're cutting your buffbar into 1/5th =p
Livyan

Postby Lorath » Wed May 09, 2007 4:54 am

Yep, rum (and lots more) won't stack with food anymore, come 2.1. :(
Fishing for Crawdads might be my only meaningful food grind left... but it's so blasted booooring to fish :X

Scrolls are supposed to stack with everything tho...
www.kingsandaces.eu
Lorath

Postby Coldaan » Wed May 09, 2007 5:51 am

Lorath wrote:Yep, rum (and lots more) won't stack with food anymore, come 2.1. :(

yeah well I'll stick with the rum then.^^
it's better to be in a good mood than having slightly more HP. especially for a dwarf. i won't function anyway without the booze.^^
Coldaan

Postby Everlight » Wed May 09, 2007 6:49 pm

(first post on this forum!)

For consumables in Kara, I pack the following;

* Spicy Crawdad
* Rumsey Rum Black Label
* Elixir of Major Agility
* Arcane Elixir (cheap)
* Wizard Oil (cheap)
* Stoneshield Potion (I don't usually use these)
* Free Action Potion (I don't usually use these)
* Super Healing Potion x 10 minimum
* Super Mana Potion x 5 minimum

Come 2.1, I'll probably fling the Rum and the Arcane Elixir, and just run with the Elixir of Major Agility and the Crawdads.
Everlight

Postby Lore » Thu May 10, 2007 6:55 am

Come 2.1, I'll just flask for everything I need to pot for >.> So much cheaper.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby eia » Thu May 10, 2007 8:05 am

Lore wrote:Come 2.1, I'll just flask for everything I need to pot for >.> So much cheaper.

Which flask then? I run with agi pots a lot, and having to drop that for pure hp is not great imo...
"It takes two to cuddle."
eia

Postby Lore » Thu May 10, 2007 8:07 am

We're getting plenty of avoidance from item buffs, I won't much miss the extra dodge.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Eloff » Thu May 10, 2007 2:23 pm

to avoid the tankadin-pile-of-mobs loot problem....

Thank god they are fixing this next patch! Another ?buff? for the tankadins!
"With your shield or on it" - Spartan Code of Conduct

Eloff

Postby Arcand » Thu May 10, 2007 2:47 pm

Eloff wrote:
to avoid the tankadin-pile-of-mobs loot problem....

Thank god they are fixing this next patch! Another ?buff? for the tankadins!

Eh? I've been watching the patch notes but hadn't seen anything about this - what are they changing that will affect mass-grave looting?
Arcand

Next

Return to General