An addon I'd love to see

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

An addon I'd love to see

Postby Kvaern » Fri May 04, 2007 5:55 pm

and that is an addon that spells DANGER is big friendly letters whenever RF isn't active.

I'm getting used to checking if it's up but I still fail ever so often.
Kvaern

Postby Theowyn » Fri May 04, 2007 6:09 pm

Agreed! Currently for buffs I use CT BuffMod since it shows in nice big bars which buffs are leaving; Cosmos BuffMod has the option to tell you when buffs are wearing off like a raid warning but I think you can't combine it with CT BuffMod to show visually how much time is left in a bar AND spam your screen to show when buffs are leaving. CT Buffmod does go to your chatbar and tell you when buffs are leaving, and has a noise to boot, but Cosmos' version is a little more obvious. Since paladins use short duration buffs like seals and blessings, I find it much easier to have a nice visual cue like CTMod's for showing when buffs are expiring though. Too bad they can't combine 'em :(
Theowyn

Postby duckilama » Sat May 05, 2007 7:00 am

I actually made a clone of FinderReminder that I called RighteousReminder *specifically* for this purpose.

I can link the download if you'd like.
(Edit: http://code.google.com/p/righteousremin ... loads/list feedback welcome.)

Basically, every time your auras/buffs change, it checks to see if RF is active or not. If not, it pops up a little dialog box with a button you click to recast RF.

I haven't gotten around to adding a "snooze" button yet, or a "mode" button for when I'm in healbot mode, but if there's support for it, I could be convinced to figure out how to do that, too. Currently, it's got Localization for en-US, fr-FR, and de-DE.

(First post. I got here from a guide on the wow forums because I need help figuring out how to gear up, so instead of a "hello" post, Hello!)
duckilama

Postby Romie » Sun May 06, 2007 12:09 am

you can configure this mod to remind you, and it even remind you for auras, the name of the mod is smart buff

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info4584-SmartBuff.html
Image Image
Romie

Postby duckilama » Sun May 06, 2007 7:01 am

SmartBuff looks pretty neat. Do you know if it's event-driven or timer-driven? I noticed mention in the revision history about buff timers, but can't tell from my quick read if it checks for buffs any time your buffs _change_ or if it just keeps track with a timer.

I may give it a try, but for me, my own mod works just fine for me.
I'd like to add more features, but probably never as much as SmartBuff.

Edit: From the comments, it seems SmartBuff uses timers, meaning if you don't _cast_ a buff with SB, then SB doesn't know about it.
See the "2 little nuisances" post by EvilCrew, for example.
I'm not disparaging SB, it just doesn't seem to do what *I* want from a Righteous Fury reminder, and I have PallyPower for Blessings, so...
duckilama

Postby Kvaern » Sun May 06, 2007 8:06 am

Thanks duck, it's exactly what I was looking for.
Kvaern

Postby duckilama » Sun May 06, 2007 8:31 am

Good to hear it!

I'd keep it alive even if I was the only person to use it.

I'm thinking of adding another check to it for Auras.
I have a tendency to use Crusader to get to a dungeon and then forget until I get reminded by a guildie after the first pull to swap.

And, of course, a "snooze" button or a "mode" button, for when I'm healing a 5-man.
duckilama

Postby Romie » Mon May 07, 2007 1:04 am

duckilama wrote:SmartBuff looks pretty neat. Do you know if it's event-driven or timer-driven? I noticed mention in the revision history about buff timers, but can't tell from my quick read if it checks for buffs any time your buffs _change_ or if it just keeps track with a timer.

I may give it a try, but for me, my own mod works just fine for me.
I'd like to add more features, but probably never as much as SmartBuff.

Edit: From the comments, it seems SmartBuff uses timers, meaning if you don't _cast_ a buff with SB, then SB doesn't know about it.
See the "2 little nuisances" post by EvilCrew, for example.
I'm not disparaging SB, it just doesn't seem to do what *I* want from a Righteous Fury reminder, and I have PallyPower for Blessings, so...

im not that smart at mod mechanics. i think it does scan you buffs. i nroamly just use my hotkeys for buffs and the reminder goes away. the only time it matters if u dont use smart buff to buff you is if you have the "how many seconds before hand the buff expires, the reminder should alert you". i normally have that turned off anways so no problem.
Image Image
Romie

Postby duckilama » Mon May 07, 2007 7:33 am

the reminder should alert you". i normally have that turned off anways so no problem.

Ah, that's the part I needed, and the reason I cobbled RighteousReminder together. I needed something in my face saying "Hey doofus, you're losing Threat generation AND 6% damage mitigation. RECAST NOW, dummy!"

Hehe.

Now I just need to add a few little features, and the ability to also alert when I'm in an instance "Hey doofus, you're probably not mounted in here, so Crusader Aura isn't really doing anything for you. Also, you look stupid."
duckilama

Postby Theowyn » Tue May 08, 2007 2:28 am

Fantastic duck, thanks :) While you're at it, it'd be neat to have it automatically put you in crusader aura when you mount :) Anyone know of a mod that does that?
Theowyn

Postby Lore » Tue May 08, 2007 6:52 am

Auto-casting abilities is no longer possible in 2.1 =\
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Evilhuman » Wed May 09, 2007 3:38 am

Evilhuman

Postby s4dfish » Wed May 09, 2007 7:52 am

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... Auras.html

Does exactly what you're talking about. Can display a giant Danger sign on your screen when RF isn't active. Can also be configured to display most any information you want. I had it for a while set up to display an '!' on my screen any time I got hit by a cleansable debuff. Great addon if you take the time to configure it.
s4dfish

Postby Kvaern » Wed May 23, 2007 5:05 pm

duck, WTB update for 2.1!

I made the first 4 trash pulls in kara today without RF up because your addon doesn't work anymore, talk about habits ;p
Kvaern

Postby Furiouso » Wed May 23, 2007 5:30 pm

PowerAuras seems to be working for me.
Furiouso

Next

Return to General