Stat Prio since Legion

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Stat Prio since Legion

Postby Lev » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:17 pm

Right now i am really confused, about the stats i should priorize.
Before the pre-patch, i remember our stat prio to be something like "Bonus Armor > Haste > Mastery > Versatility/Crit".

But when i now look at sites like wowhead or icyveins, it seems to be that versatility is our best stat now. But why?
They took away Bonus Armor, but that would just change it to "Haste > Mastery > Versatility/Crit", right?

What else happened? Or is it just a big conspiracy going on out there, that propagates false information to rightful protection paladins, to make them perform bad and finally destroying us?

Also to note:
As far as i can tell, we get NO SPECIAL symbiosis with versatility. (Crit, at least helps us getting more SoTR Uptime)
Lev

Re: Stat Prio since Legion

Postby Fenris » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:24 pm

Right now i am really confused, about the stats i should priorize.
Before the pre-patch, i remember our stat prio to be something like "Bonus Armor > Haste > Mastery > Versatility/Crit".

But when i now look at sites like wowhead or icyveins, it seems to be that versatility is our best stat now. But why?
They took away Bonus Armor, but that would just change it to "Haste > Mastery > Versatility/Crit", right?

I've seen people claiming the new weights are wrong but havent seen anyone providing maths on the why so far,so i'll stick with those for now

Not having a place (i.e here) to check/discuss this kind of stuff for sure anymore is a problem.

P.s:dont take my word for it because it's late ( :P )and i can't review the exact ideas behind it but going by memory versatility got "buffed" because we have lower SotR uptime (so less to gain from mastery),no more holy power to generate (so haste lost something...But it still reduces the cd on LotP and the recharge on SotR so it's up there) & bonus armor going away + the fact we self-heal more make the reliable bonus it gives more relevant
All the character profile site keep going down,so i could as well not place anything here
Fenris

Postby Lev » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:06 am

Fenris wrote:I've seen people claiming the new weights are wrong but havent seen anyone providing maths on the why so far,so i'll stick with those for now

Thats exactly what i am thinking about the "new weights" as well. None of the guides i read provides information about, how the stat priority happened to change.
Lev

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:21 am

I'm wondering if they changed something about Versatility, because I've just been reading up for my Rogue and Versatility was listed as the top stat there, too.
KysenMurrin

Postby Paxen » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:45 am

Versatility is top stat for Survival hunters as well, which is more surprising for a pure dps class imho.
Paxen

Postby honorshammer » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:22 am

From the Tankadin Discord I follow:
Pure TMI Vers (let say up to 25%) > Haste (Up to 25%) >>> Msatery > Crit

Pawn weights ( Pawn: v1: "Comb_Pre_raid": Strength=7.4, Stamina=7.94, CritRating=6.9915, HasteRating=8.144, MasteryRating=7.566, Versatility=8.2235, Armor=19.608, Dps=1.7905) It's a literal combination of all 4 profiles (DTPS + HPS + TMI + DPS)

One disadvantage to a Discord over a server is I can't go back and read or share the maths/logic with you.
honorshammer

Postby Daeva001 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:40 am

One reason why Versatility is higher for us now is that it's the only stat that affects the healing of Light/Hand of the Protector. It's not an AP-based heal, it's a missing health-based heal, so mastery and Strength are no help, but Versatility's healing multiplier affects it (and even shows in the tooltip!).
Daeva001

Postby Fenris » Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:49 am

Pawn or askmrrobot,which one has the better stat weights?

Asking because i'm using both (with the above string for pawn) and now i've a ring that's marked as a huge upgrade on one side and a huge downgrade on the other

First time i see such a huge difference too
All the character profile site keep going down,so i could as well not place anything here
Fenris

Return to General